• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
I heard Souths coach trained them hard during the week so they might have been flat from that. Plus Souths lost their 5/8 in the first half which didn't help them. But it was in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when Wests forwards dominated that they lost any hope of keeping in touch. Wests have some very good players in their pack and if they keep giving Henry Isaac space, they will test Brothers and UQ.

Are the U20's back this week?

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I heard Souths coach trained them hard during the week so they might have been flat from that. Plus Souths lost their 5/8 in the first half which didn't help them. But it was in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when Wests forwards dominated that they lost any hope of keeping in touch. Wests have some very good players in their pack and if they keep giving Henry Isaac space, they will test Brothers and UQ.

Are the U20's back this week?

Colts at Souths train 3 times week (and have been since October last year) - which is more than their Premier Grade... Can't see that being sustainable as most of these kids are used to a 9 game season - but time will tell.....

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Colts at Souths train 3 times week (and have been since October last year) - which is more than their Premier Grade. Can't see that being sustainable as most of these kids are used to a 9 game season - but time will tell...

Some clubs train 4 times a week. It's about a balance of skills, strength and conditioning etc. If you have 4 2 hour sessions well that's unreasonable but if you had 4 1-1h 30min sessions then it's well run

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Some clubs train 4 times a week. It's about a balance of skills, strength and conditioning etc. If you have 4 2 hour sessions well that's unreasonable but if you had 4 1-1h 30min sessions then it's well run

Depends on what is involved in the session - and I am told it is training to the point of burnout.... But each to their own.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Well done North's on getting the draw against GPS. A good game against South's the other week as well, although on the wrong side of the ledger. I think they'll start collecting a few more W's if they keep playing like that.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Well done North's on getting the draw against GPS. A good game against South's the other week as well, although on the wrong side of the ledger. I think they'll start collecting a few more W's if they keep playing like that.

Agree - both teams were down some key players but Norths Colts programme is building
Their Colts 2 are 0 from 5 but only -19 on for and against
Colts 3 equal 2nd on ladder

Will be a real test for them against Uni this Saturday though

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
A Big call so far out I know, but I think maybe the top 4 has started to reveal itself, my top four

1/ Wests ( I know they have dream start and may come unstuck, but for now they have the runs on the board)
2/ Brothers (Depends which Brothers side turns up, Brothers at their best will be hard to beat)
3/ UQ (Going ok for this part of the season, but have some work to do to be consistent)
4/ Sunnybank (May just sneak in on the consistent program and good coaching)

5/ Souths to just miss. Sorry Souths fans, happy to be wrong, but Just 2 losses against top 4 sides with injuries I think is the start of a difficult second part to the season.
6/ GPS - Started strong but some very strange results over last couple of weeks.
7/ Bond - Great side, results have not gone their way and they will have to start beating top 4 sides to move up
8,9,10 Who cares

Reactions: vac

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree - both teams were down some key players but Norths Colts programme is building

Their Colts 2 are 0 from 5 but only -19 on for and against

Colts 3 equal 2nd on ladder

Will be a real test for them against Uni this Saturday though

Big call

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
A Big call so far out I know, but I think maybe the top 4 has started to reveal itself, my top four

1/ Wests ( I know they have dream start and may come unstuck, but for now they have the runs on the board)
2/ Brothers (Depends which Brothers side turns up, Brothers at their best will be hard to beat)
3/ UQ (Going ok for this part of the season, but have some work to do to be consistent)
4/ Sunnybank (May just sneak in on the consistent program and good coaching)

5/ Souths to just miss. Sorry Souths fans, happy to be wrong, but Just 2 losses against top 4 sides with injuries I think is the start of a difficult second part to the season.
6/ GPS - Started strong but some very strange results over last couple of weeks.
7/ Bond - Great side, results have not gone their way and they will have to start beating top 4 sides to move up
8,9,10 Who cares

I agree with almost all of what you say. I get a feeling (will watch this weekend brothers v the bank), but I think Souths are good enough to be in the top 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Picks for the round:
Norths V University - Better performance by Norths last week but I cannot see them rolling the Heavies. Uni by 16
Souths V Bond - Souths still struggling after the brutal encounter with Brothers and players on the side line. The underrated Bond will finally crack it for a win. Bond by 10.
GPS V West - The dream run of West will continue, though this will be a lot harder. West by 12.
Sunnybank V Brothers - Brothers to continue their run against a big Rats pack. Brothers by 18.
Logan V East - This is will a cracker. Logan trying for their first win of the season. Logan by 8.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Sorry Norths, after pumping you up in my earlier post, Uni to win by a similar margin to last week
Although they are dinged up, Souths to win over Bond, Just. - Bond have been unlucky to date, but I don't see their luck changing, yet.
Didn't pick them to win last week, but they did and they won well. Wests over GPS.
Brothers have found their mojo after Rd1 and will be to strong for The Bank
Early days, but looking like the battle for the Wooden Spoon, which goes to Easts, Logan to get their first W.
Potential upset of the round for me is a GPS win at Yoku Rd. The reason for my madness - They are the only team to defeat a Top 4 team.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Potential upset of the round for me is a GPS win at Yoku Rd. The reason for my madness - They are the only team to defeat a Top 4 team.

All depends on whether De Flavis is playing for GPS tomorrow. I thought he was key to the defeat of Brothers in Round 1.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Norths V University - Uni by 15.
Souths V Bond - Bond by 5.
GPS V West - If GPS had Tom Kibble playing it would be closer but Wests by 19.
Sunnybank V Brothers - This should be a close game. I'm backing the Bank at home but only just. Maybe by 3.
Logan V East - Could go either way. I'll tip Logan by 12, only because I'd like to see them get a win after their late acceptance into the comp.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
I have all points of the compass and Brothers winning this weekend.

The North’s Uni game is the match of the round imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.