• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have all points of the compass and Brothers winning this weekend.

The North’s Uni game is the match of the round imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think perhaps you have an over inflated opinion of where norths really are at, sorry.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
looks like Wests, brothers and Uni are top 3 and then a little bit of daylight to fourth. Bit the same as last year,

thoughts?????????????

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Yeah you’re probably right. They (North’s) weren’t even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norths certainly don’t have the cattle on the field that Uni do but with about 15 minutes to go Norths had fought to be back within 5 points of Uni then Uni got a try against the run of play and the rest is history.

Dave Johnson

Frank Row (1)
Well done North's on getting the draw against GPS. A good game against South's the other week as well, although on the wrong side of the ledger. I think they'll start collecting a few more W's if they keep playing like that.
Agreed a great effort by north’s today!

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Not too early for the tipsters!!

Week 7 will see the following results;

Uni V West: Tossed the coin on this one. West still producing great results, are they the real deal or have they had the dream draw? Uni only one loss to Brothers. In a close match I go Uni by 3.
East V Norths: How big are the North back line? East are cannon fodder to a large team? North by 8.
Bond V Sunnybank: Bond to win on the back end of fast finishing last 15 of each half. Bond by 12.
GPS V South: Are Kibble and co back? Won't matter, Souths by 16.
Brothers V Logan: Too much across the park for Brothers. Brothers by a bit.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

Uni V West: Tossed the coin on this one. West still producing great results, are they the real deal or have they had the dream draw? Uni only one loss to Brothers. In a close match I go Uni by 3.
East V Norths: How big are the North back line? East are cannon fodder to a large team? North by 8.
Bond V Sunnybank: Bond to win on the back end of fast finishing last 15 of each half. Bond by 12.

Yes, I have heard a few lament dream run for Wests. If Twidale isn't playing for Uni, the dream run will continue.

Bond are due a big win. I do think it will need Connors to be on the park for that to occur.

And to finish the wrap on key players, GPS need De Flavis and Chapman back to have any chance.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes, I have heard a few lament dream run for Wests. If Twidale isn't playing for Uni, the dream run will continue.

Bond are due a big win. I do think it will need Connors to be on the park for that to occur.

And to finish the wrap on key players, GPS need De Flavis and Chapman back to have any chance.

From the looks of it Uni are a good side but I'd say they are probably closer to Sunnybank/GPS in terms of performances so far compared to Brothers

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
We're starting to get into the time of the year were depth is vitally important. Injuries are running a muck and people are people called up for differing rep duties, grade games and exams

Homer Dog

Bob McCowan (2)

How’s the dream draw looking for Wests ...... maybe you show them a little respect

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
It could be now after this result.
Actually, I call next weeks game now; East V West, Dogs rightful favourite in this one, Dogs by plenty.
Just to help though, something ending with a ? means uncertainty or not sure. As in, "Are they the real deal. I don't know?"
A statement would end in a . or ! and mean there is nothing more to say, as in, "They have had a dream run." Fail to see lack of respect in asking a question!
Hound Dog, now you can howl at the moon!

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I did not see the game but the score at one point there was a 28 point margin. Looks like the dogs were coasting towards the end once the result was sealed and let in some try’s to Uni.

Not in the same boat as Homer dog with that smart Alec taunt there but every week you pick against Wests & every week they prove you wrong. when are they going to earn your respect William Wallace?

Sorry mate but I was there, your statements are incorrect, was actually quite hard and close, except for first 15 minutes of second half where dogs were very dominate and scored I think 21 points. Uni dropped ball and missed tackles

There was no score as you suggest for last 15 minutes.

That being said dogs are very good side and real deal. Looks like 2 horse race a little bit, brothers
And west’s.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Discounting a lot of previous comments above I believe Wests are the best all round side I’ve seen this year in Colts. Best pack and some really sharp attack also. It will take an excellent side to beat them. The young Heavies were quite a bit behind them today. All credit to the coaching staff they are a well drilled outfit...leading on from last year this is not a flash in the pan.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sorry mate but I was there, your statements are incorrect, was actually quite hard and close, except for first 15 minutes of second half where dogs were very dominate and scored I think 21 points. Uni dropped ball and missed tacles

There was no score as you suggest for last 15 minutes.

That being said dogs are very good side and real deal. Looks like 2 horse race a little bit, brothers
And west’s.

Very hard to gauge the game for someone following the score on rugbylink.

However thanks for the update. I misspoke on a event i didn't see with my own eyes.

Spewing i couldn't make the game. Last years Wests vs UQ at St Lucia was a draw so to have missed out seeing a victory like that would been sweet. Congrats to your Prems. The Champs put on a Champion performance. See you in Round 2 down the Kennel.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Yep, a 10 min purple patch sealed it for Wests early in the second half. I agree with NCWK they look a well rounded team. Will be a humdinger at Crosby in a couple of weeks.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Yep, a 10 min purple patch sealed it for Wests early in the second half. I agree with NCWK they look a well rounded team. Will be a humdinger at Crosby in a couple of weeks.

UQ seemed physical but there wasn't anything out there that suggested to me that they could've gone on to win that one on their own if that makes sense? Their 10 Twidale is a very good footy player but maybe lacking the dual playmaking threats, making their play easier to defend against. Not that you know what's coming, just you know where it's coming from. They're missing Paxton-Hall and Nasser who are both playing 1st grade too. More to come I'd say from these guys.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Based on recent experience in this comp, right now, except for making sure a team qualifies for the Finals, I believe a lot of head to head results do not mean all that much when it comes to the business end of the season.

Last year, Wests lost the least amount of games, but could not win any of the finals. Unfortunately for them, Brothers and Uni brought between them at least nine players back into their Colts teams that had started in less than half the regular Colts comp rounds, some, less than a handful of games and even one player who had not played in the Colts comp at all.

I think this year both Brothers and Uni have a couple of players each who have been playing in Hospital Cup who are of eligible age for Colts.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Based on recent experience in this comp, right now, except for making sure a team qualifies for the Finals, I believe a lot of head to head results do not mean all that much when it comes to the business end of the season.

Last year, Wests lost the least amount of games, but could not win any of the finals. Unfortunately for them, Brothers and Uni brought between them at least nine players back into their Colts teams that had started in less than half the regular Colts comp rounds, some, less than a handful of games and even one player who had not played in the Colts comp at all.

I think this year both Brothers and Uni have a couple of players each who have been playing in Hospital Cup who are of eligible age for Colts.

I think the gap is closing though. Last year, Brothers and Uni at any one stage due to a combo of rep duty, 1st grade and injuries had up to 9 or so whereas this year it's like 2 or 3

Reactions: vac
Status
Not open for further replies.