• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Ctry v Rams — Thurs 18th Sept — @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Thursday 18 September 2014
7.30pm AEST

@ Ballymore, Brisbane

This game is LIVE on Fox Sports

giGF98N.png

sehWR9f.png

Referee: Rohan Hoffmann
AR1: Steve Walsh
AR2: Paul Haydock
TMO: Greg Milne

933MRYot.png

Coach: Steve Meehan
Captain: Anthony Fainga'a

Lineup:

15 Jamie-Jerry Taulagi, 14 Tom Pincus, 13 Campbell Magnay, 12 Anthony Fainga’a (c), 11 Giles Beveridge, 10 Matt Brandon, 9 Sam Grasso;

8 Ben Adams, 7 Beau Robinson, 6 James Turner, 5 Dan Gorman, 4 Rubin Fuimaono, 3 Greg Holmes, 2 Ryan Freney, 1 Haydn Hirsimaki.

16 Tonga Ma’afu, 17 Campbell Wakely, 18 Will Slipper, 19 Mitch King, 20 Jack de Guingand, 21 James Tuttle, 22 Clynton Knox, 23 Rota Setu.

hIAnp73.png

Coach: Brian Melrose
Captain: Jed Holloway

Line-up:

1 Jed Gillespie, 2 Hugh Roach, 3 Guy Millar, 4 Jared Barry, 5 Steve Mafi, 6 Hugh Perrett, 7 Chris Alcock, 8 Jed Holloway (c);

9 Mark Swanepoel, 10 Ben Volavola, 11 Taqele Naiyaravaro, 12 Michael McDougall, 13 Lalakai Foketi, 14 Jarome McKenzie, 15 Dane Chisholm.

16 Peni Ravai, 17 Cameron Betham, 18 Dave Lolohea, 19 Dylan Sigg, 20 Pat Sio, 21 Vasa Falaeli’i, 22 Jai Ayoub, 23 Henry Seavula.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Looking through the two team lists you'd have to think that the Rams would start warm favourites. The Perth Spirit winger, Brad Lacey, had a mare against Taqele and the Stars wingers fared little better against Taqele and McKenzie. Hollaway, Mafi and Roach have been outstanding in the pigs so QC (Quade Cooper) will need to bring their A-game to keep up!

I sense a Rising - Rams GF on what I've seen so far but we should have a better idea in another fortnight.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Are you sure about the Rams making the final? I can name a couple teams ahead of them quite easily based on the games I have watched so far. The Rams two wins have come from the mostly second stringers from the Spirit and the Stars, who are odds on favourite for the wooden spoon right now.

Great to see that the QRU have that freeloader the Australian from the advertising and replaced it with something more recent!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If Taqele gets into the clear I cant see any of Countrys back three chopping him down, all of them are not great defenders.

Great to see big red retain his starting spot, should give hit a lot more confidence and playing outside Ant is going to do wonders for him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unfortunate for Johnson, whose comeback lasted one whole game.

The backs are the real weakness for Country, Ant has looked good mostly, and JJ looks good in space (but still can't tackle to save his life), but otherwise they've been pretty uninspiring.

Would like to see Magnay get a bit more ball, but he's just a young kid yet.

The one area Country should have an advantage is the scrum, especially with Robinson on tour.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Main talking point is the Country power game versus the Rams' mobility - without Robinson the Rams are in big trouble at set piece.

However, with Mafi, Alcock, Perrett, Roach, and Holloway, the Rams have a pretty mobile pack and Gillespie (replacing Robinson at loosehead) and Barry from Eastwood get around on the ball running side a bit.

I'm a bit miffed that Swanepoel is starting again. Much prefer Falealii for speed of delivery.

T

TOCC

Is Taulagi an enigmatic type player like a young Quade Cooper, or just straight up shit, surely he displayed something to warrant a contract.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rams looking a little lethargic and almost disinterested. With one of the bad guys in the Bin, they need to lift their work rate to take real advantage of the extra player. They are struggling.

Edit. A Finger in the bin. Two man advantage. Dame Enda could score under the sticks.

And the Rams do get meat. 8-8 25 minutes.

JJT is back from the naughty boys chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.