• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meriden87

That's ok behindthescenes, I wouldn't be devastated though.

If some teams haven't started training yet then we can rule them out of the comp already. Now we have some discussion sparked, which teams haven't started?

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey Meridien, if a First XV isn't training by now then they may as well not bother.
And Brains a discussion has been sparked a long time before your little postings, so unless you have anything to add then I would suggest keeping your diatribe to yourself.

M

Meriden87

Hey Warrenwobble it was "behindthescenes" that said the Firsts aren't training yet not me, he suggests it is TOO early, 3mths too early apparently, I just wanted to discuss why they wouldn't be. I know any decent school has started training. I know they have because I have been down watching it. I suggest you read posts other than your own.

M

Meriden87

Well it would be BBC "the king" but I have also been out and watched Nudgee & Ipswich. I believe all 3 teams have the passion but then I am a Brisbane State fan deep down, unfortunately I don't think they will bring it to the table. I would be interested in hearing your predictions. I am an advocate for watching "incredible natural talents" Having been a GPS kid, I believe once the kid is given the chance at that level, it is what they do with it that makes the difference. Hence the "beautiful game"!!!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Did you happen to glean anything off the training sessions you've watched besides that First XV players are passionate?

For example, have any of the teams you've seen progressed from pre-season conditioning to skill work yet?

As for my predictions, they're more than likely useless at this stage - I haven't been to any trainings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
d159b7d7fc2c9eb738d0927d7bdfb759.jpg

Just a reminder for all interested that the Reds U15s and U17s face off against NSW tomorrow. A number of QLD GPS players have been selected in both squads.

Specific breakdowns of who is playing where have been outlined in earlier posts.

The match will be live streamed.

I'll be there writing it up for the QRU, so come say g'day if you spot a fat bloke in reds media gear sporting a laptop/camera combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Meriden87

I am a Brumbies fan and you just posted a Q vs N battle. Of course I saw more than passion but passion can win a game. I saw amazing scrummaging by the BBC fwds. I saw very fast wingers for Ipswich and Nudgee. But the No. 10 for Churchie is fantastic.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Can somebody please post the link/teams to the QLD under 15 and 17 teams? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
I am a Brumbies fan and you just posted a Q vs N battle. Of course I saw more than passion but passion can win a game. I saw amazing scrummaging by the BBC fwds. I saw very fast wingers for Ipswich and Nudgee. But the No. 10 for Churchie is fantastic.

Really good to read your updates. Any other players standing out. When did you start your viewing. I hear Churchie is very young, who is their ten.
It is my understanding that all teams are training, it is just that not all sessions are compulsory.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)

Thanks Merdien, One team is doing scrum practice, 2 teams have a fast winger and another has a good fly half - enlightening stuff. See Everyone can sling mud.
Come on let's keep it positive - you didn't start that way but I know you can turn it around.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Dear King ,Warren Wobble and other Readers
Churchie had an undefeated 15A team in 2012 and won the 1st xv premiership in 2014
BBC had an undefeated 15 A team ( by a long way ) in 2013 so many of those boys will be in mix for 1st xv this year.
But with NC and TSS having so many boys doing grade 12 over 2 years
question to you is whether the 15A comp is as important as it used to be in terms of succcess 2 years later ?

Hi King
i would be interested in your views on this .for many years the NC philosophy was that the 15As were the 2nd most important team in the school.
i hear BBC are only taking 3 of last years pretty good 15A team ( that beat NC and thrashed GT and IGS) out of the 30 going to japan .

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Attached is a picture of the 7 Nudgee boys involved in yesterday's Queensland U15 team. Good win by QLD, who never really looked in trouble throughout the game. QLD have some serious talent in this age group.

2015-04-04 21.13.42.jpg

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
wh
Attached is a picture of the 7 Nudgee boys involved in yesterday's Queensland U15 team. Good win by QLD, who never really looked in trouble throughout the game. QLD have some serious talent in this age group.

View attachment 6068

wow that is impressive . captain Joe Small only been at NC a year. whats even more frightening is that imo their best player from last year : Tau Tau did not play because of Bronco committments i understand.
For the sake of fairness lets hope there are no new under 15 players at NC this year. But somehow i doubt it . good luck to them . Like rowing -when NC do it- they do it well .

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Small facts for your rugby diaries: the first QLD GPS game of the season will be on Saturday, July 18 the same day as the first Wallaby Test of 2015 vs the Springboks at Suncorp.

Additionally, I know that (based on current schedule) on July 18 Churchie will play GT at Churchie.

Status
Not open for further replies.