• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wasn't saying it was too early to have started pre season, simply made the statement that some haven't yet. GT properly start as a squad over these holidays, and TSS haven't done much yet as a full squad. Obviously everyone at every school is in the gym and boys are working on individual skills. It all properly heats up this term, so imagine there will be a lot more to discuss, which will hopefully keep you from whinging Meridan87.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Heard the other day that TSS Glitter Strip will play a touring team from the UK in about 4 or 5 weeks - Prince Harry is making a run on appearance for them. TSS should wallop them by about 50. BBC playing the Ashgrove Firsts in a few weeks as well - just prior to them leaving for the Japan Sanix Tournament. So some games starting to filter in but agree with Vegas and others - it is absolutely crazy to be playing rugby in Term 3. Put soccer in Term 3.
God forbid play two rounds over Term 2 and Term 3 - Why the hell not?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Heard the other day that TSS Glitter Strip will play a touring team from the UK in about 4 or 5 weeks

11th July (week before Round 1) 1st XV & 16A vs Bromsgrove (UK)

Sounds like they might be quite good.

Bromsgrove School lifted the Schools Cup trophy at Twickenham this afternoon, as winners of the U18 Natwest Schools Cup.

The team, captained by Luke White (awarded Man of the Match), played superbly to win against Dulwich in a thrilling and tense game. The final score was 30-18 to Bromsgrove.

Huge congratulations to the team, and we look forward to welcoming them back to Bromsgrove to continue the celebrations at School.

If you missed the final, you can watch the full match via the England Rugby site.

http://www.bromsgrove-school.co.uk/schoolnews/bromsgrove-crowned-champions/363.aspx

M

Meriden87

Really looking forward to the game at Ashgrove Tues 21.04 at 4pm as well WW. There are a couple of fwds that have played props for a number of years since U12 at ashgrove/marist that I am interested in seeing how they have progressed.

M

Meriden87

Check out Scots College that are one of the teams heading off to Sanix this year
Really impressive

M

Meriden87

William Wallace, this will be my last post as my "senior playing 2015" son has asked me to get off G&G. Bye Warren & BHTS.
William Wallace & The King;
A couple of players to look out for are;
Lonyal Luafutu # 1 _ Ipswich Grammer
Harry Birgan # 2 _ BGS
Tom Rafter # 3 _ Marist (Yes I know Marist is not GPS) just someone to watch) or Lock Schofield # 3 BBC
Jacob Brown # 6/7 _ BBC versatile
I do not Know his name but # 10 Churchie big passes, leads and pushes his players, # 10 Gregory Terrance can REALLY LEAD his players.
Samuel Wheeler # 12 _ St Peters (Red head) (Yes I know St Peters is not GPS) just someone to watch
Will Gavin # 15 _BBC (state rated runner) Actually should be playing on the wing.
Warren Wobble - don't label parents and run them down in your posts, without them you would not have boys running on the pitch. Behind The Scene - admit what you say and GPS teams start training in October of every year, I know this because there is generally a presentation of Jerseys in December. U2 can post what you like but as my son said, "sign off mum"
Farewell everyone. Enjoy the 2015 GPS Rugby

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
William Wallace, this will be my last post as my "senior playing 2015" son has asked me to get off G&G. Bye Warren & BHTS.
Harry Birgan # 2 _ BGS
Tom Rafter # 3 _ Marist (Yes I know Marist is not GPS) just someone to watch) or Lock Schofield # 3 BBC
I do not Know his name but # 10 Churchie big passes, leads and pushes his players, # 10 Gregory Terrance can REALLY LEAD his players.
Samuel Wheeler # 12 _ St Peters (Red head) (Yes I know St Peters is not GPS) just someone to watch
Will Gavin # 15 _BBC (state rated runner) Actually should be playing on the wing.
Warren Wobble - don't label parents and run them down in your posts, without them you would not have boys running on the pitch. Behind The Scene - admit what you say and GPS teams start training in October of every year, I know this because there is generally a presentation of Jerseys in December. U2 can post what you like but as my son said, "sign off mum"

Ms Meridien

Interesting post but IMO none of the BBC boys mentioned will be in the top 30 -all fine footballers that they are.Gavin is not even in the top 30 for Japan. But who knows-this is BBC we are talking about.If they can find a way of stuffing things up -they will.On paper-they have their best side in decades-but I hear political bias on selections has already raised its head(like the last 3 years)!!.Some drama and discontent already about the Sanix touring squad.Stay tuned.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Heard the other day that TSS Glitter Strip will play a touring team from the UK in about 4 or 5 weeks - Prince Harry is making a run on appearance for them. TSS should wallop them by about 50. BBC playing the Ashgrove Firsts in a few weeks as well - just prior to them leaving for the Japan Sanix Tournament. So some games starting to filter in but agree with Vegas and others - it is absolutely crazy to be playing rugby in Term 3. Put soccer in Term 3.
God forbid play two rounds over Term 2 and Term 3 - Why the hell not?

Out of interest, what is the advantage of switching Rugby and Soccer?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Out of interest, what is the advantage of switching Rugby and Soccer?
It's my understanding that the School state teams are picked before/ by the beginning of term 3. Which is ridiculous, so they are basically going on last seasons form.
In Queensland term 2 is still the wet season so the grounds are more forgiving than term 3 which by the end are like playing on cement down at the flats of Nudgee keeping the medical staff nice and busy.
Soccer would be better placed in term 3 to take advantage of the drier conditions. But the power that be won't be changing it any time soon.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Miss Meridan,
Glad to hear your son knocked some sense into you. Although I'm concerned we'll struggle to get our hands on all the latest goss from around the schools without you. I mean you must be the only one out there who knows about secret jersey presentations taking place at schools in December each year.

That list of players was interesting too.. you said it was a list of names to 'look out for"- what are your predictions for these boys?

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ms Meridien

Interesting post but IMO none of the BBC boys mentioned will be in the top 30 -all fine footballers that they are.Gavin is not even in the top 30 for Japan. But who knows-this is BBC we are talking about.If they can find a way of stuffing things up -they will.On paper-they have their best side in decades-but I hear political bias on selections has already raised its head(like the last 3 years)!!.Some drama and discontent already about the Sanix touring squad.Stay tuned.
If there is any discontent, I would hope it would only be discussed and resolved internally. Dirty laundry should not be aired on here. Talk about performance not so called politics.

Reactions: GSP

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If you see any posts that are "Dirty Laundry", simply hit the "Report" button at the bottom of the post and the moderators will do the "washing".

Do not bother responding to any "Dirty Laundry" posts.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
I thought we banished the dirty laundry squad last year?

Most of whom have been used as hit shields by the IGS Firsts in the off season, after they were left behind after the BBC V IGS game last season.

Talk rugby, have a laugh, have a fun dig and predict the winners and losers - thats what this is about surely....

Good to see the "agenda-pushers" push off...

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Harry Birgan # 2 _ BGS

Hopefully Lony will survive the season. Knocked out 5 times last year including a week in hospital after being knocked out Friday night playing league and then again on Saturday playing Junior Gold cup. Great player and nice kid but not far off being severally injured.

Birgan is at GT.

You must be a GPS Club mum to rate Rafter. Wouldn't make a GPS school firstXV

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
so GT have a camp at the Coast this weekend and BBC take the Japan squad of 30 to Stradbroke tomorrow . any other schools in camp?
BBC play Ashgrove on Tuesday but little bro tells me it is 3 teams playing a third each- so not sure we will see the number 1 team run out which would include the same backline of last year plus a new 9.the back 3 are in the ARU 7s squad- so give them the ball.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
I expect 'sport' will have a much bigger focus at GT over the next few years and the school will be looking for talented boys across a number of disciplines to bolster the allround performance.

I believe that this increased activity will occur in or around grade 7 or 8 rather than 11 and 12, but that policy will take a while to filter through so additions like the two boys in Grade 11 this year from Cav Road might be made to cover the gap.

For reasons stated earlier (policy on fees and no boarding) GT will need to be smart and take 'punts' on younger kids to compete with the super powers.

B&G

B&G
It appears you are correct. Good reports from GT about new players:
-2 in grade 11 from Cav rd;
-massive number 8 in grade 9 from sunnybank;
- 2 in grade 8 from Camp Hill SS that both made Qld rugby league team.

good job GT-bring them in early so they adapt to the culture.
There are either 8 or 9 from players from last years Qld under 12 RL team (described as the best in a decade) that have gone to BSHS.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.