• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
good job GT-bring them in early so they adapt to the culture.

That is the key that I think BBC have learnt over the last few seasons, while there is a risk in bringing them younger and some wont work out in grade 11 and 12, trying to bring in half a team or more for a year or two wont win anything.

Teams need to develop, players need to learn and want to play for each other. Building strong bonds is what schoolboy rugby is and should be about - you know good teams V great players and all that. The culture is just as, if not more, important than the cattle you simply can not win without a measure of both.

I

iceman

B&G
It appears you are correct. Good reports from GT about new players:
-2 in grade 11 from Cav rd;
-massive number 8 in grade 9 from sunnybank;
- 2 in grade 8 from Camp Hill SS that both made Qld rugby league team.

good job GT-bring them in early so they adapt to the culture.
There are either 8 or 9 from players from last years Qld under 12 RL team (described as the best in a decade) that have gone to BSHS.!!!

Only 1 boy in grade 8 from Camp Hill SS who played in that Qld Rugby League team - He also played #10 Met East last year......and only 4 of that Queensland Rugby league team are at BSHS...Massive #8 in year 9 was at GT last year in year 8 so not new to the school.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Dont forget IGS have about 8 from Met West union & League teams and swamped everyone in grade 7 last year.

I am still backing BBC to go back to back in 14 A s this year (unless the blue /whites have brought in the cavalry )

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Dont forget IGS have about 8 from Met West union & League teams and swamped everyone in grade 7 last year.

I am still backing BBC to go back to back in 14 A s this year (unless the blue /whites have brought in the cavalry )

I expect GT to be big improvers in the U14a this year - they have a lot of talented players that just did not gel well last season, as well as some key injuries - not sure if it was coaching, the wrong balance or something else but I expect to see them in the top 2-3 this season.

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
I expect GT to be big improvers in the U14a this year - they have a lot of talented players that just did not gel well last season, as well as some key injuries - not sure if it was coaching, the wrong balance or something else but I expect to see them in the top 2-3 this season.
The 14A comp will be interesting. There will probably be new boys at each school and different coaching so last year may not have much bearing.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
The 14A comp will be interesting. There will probably be new boys at each school and different coaching so last year may not have much bearing.

Yes there will be changes-but BBC beat NC 48-0 GT 45-0 & IGS( who beat every other school) 38-5-so I am not sure new coaches can changes scores like that.
you may be right -it will be interesting to watch.

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes there will be changes-but BBC beat NC 48-0 GT 45-0 & IGS( who beat every other school) 38-5-so I am not sure new coaches can changes scores like that.
The Challenge for BBC 14A is to keep improving and not get complacent. New kids at other schools, some kids might hit growth spurts, teams might gel better... Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
The Challenge for BBC 14A is to keep improving and not get complacent. New kids at other schools, some kids might hit growth spurts, teams might gel better. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

TSS have a few more Man-Children in the 14As this year...they didn't like getting thumped by BBC and Ippy either. NC have bought more kids in than Fridays on 20 cent Tuesdays and I agree with BAG GT will be stronger as well. BBC have a much stronger squad believe it or not...a couple of newbies and they had a pretty strong 18 or so last year anyway...so even with some change outs they will be favorites...BGS must be bringing a few in too...new rugby director won't want the cricket scores to continue for another year...
No one will get close to NC in the 15As, BBC and GT will improve with some better coaches on both counts from reports and some quality cattle from last year just getting some combination...

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gee WW you are starting to impress me .everything you are saying is 100./. correct.

They NC 14A will look nothing like last years 13As. But please no new players for NC 15A - they dont need any. the 3 new guys last year were sensational and they had already thrashed everyone in 2013

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

BBC beat GT - 29 - 5 and the score flattered BBC. They were clearly the more threatening side but it was a tough match. Always a lot of myths out Toowong way.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
No one will get close to NC in the 15As, BBC and GT will improve with some better coaches on both counts from reports and some quality cattle from last year just getting some combination.

GT's 15A's will miss a few games and lots of training like every year - middle of the pack at best and little indication of what they are capable off - just like last year.

I

iceman

Oh and a 2014 NC 14A player is now at GT - every little bit helps.

I think you will find that the boy you mention was actually NC 14B or C as a 10 or 9 in 2014...it would be very hard to break up that NC14A side...but I guess every little bit helps...

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I think you will find that the boy you mention was actually NC 14B or C as a 10 or 9 in 2014.it would be very hard to break up that NC14A side.but I guess every little bit helps.

Pretty sure he played more A's than he did C's - lots of rep footy too.

C

Cjscott

I can confirm that none of the boys from last years 14a team have left Nudgee to go to Terrace.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
BBC beat GT - 29 - 5 and the score flattered BBC. They were clearly the more threatening side but it was a tough match. Always a lot of myths out Toowong way.

Gee-whillakers - not sure how 29-5 could be construed as anything other than a dust up...That said I'm sure GT will improve.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I heard that IGS had a trial match against the Gold Cup U/17 side during the week.
Has anyone got a report on how the boys from out IPPY way are travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.