• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Cricket 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terkil

Frank Row (1)
Results are tucked away on the GPS website under "Results archive", even for the current season.

Churchie's upset of the previously undefeated TSS yesterday leaves at least three schools in the mix, although TSS remain favourites. After round 7 the ladder is:

1. TSS - 31 points
2. Churchie- 29 points
3. GT - 28 points
4. IGS - 23 points
5. BGS - 18 points
6. Nudgee -17 points
7. Toowoomba - 16 points
8. State High -15 points
9. BBC - 3 points

TSS finish the season with State High and Toowoomba. Churchie have the bye and then BGS. GT have Nudgee and then State High.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Results are tucked away on the GPS website under "Results archive", even for the current season.

Churchie's upset of the previously undefeated TSS yesterday leaves at least three schools in the mix, although TSS remain favourites. After round 7 the ladder is:

1. TSS - 31 points
2. Churchie- 29 points
3. GT - 28 points
4. IGS - 23 points
5. BGS - 18 points
6. Nudgee -17 points
7. Toowoomba - 16 points
8. State High -15 points
9. BBC - 3 points

TSS finish the season with State High and Toowoomba. Churchie have the bye and then BGS. GT have Nudgee and then State High.
I think the running is between GT & TSS as they are the only ones only having lost 1 game. Good luck to them both for the final 2 games.

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
There is no real contest here. TSS have it in the bag. They will not lose another game, Churchie have the bye and GT will not win another game.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is no real contest here. TSS have it in the bag. They will not lose another game, Churchie have the bye and GT will not win another game.
GT finish off with NC and BSHS who have both lost 3 games with GT only having lost to TSS, I'd rate GT's chances of getting close. Anything could happen as seen last weekend TSS vs Churchie (TSS first loss in 2 seasons).

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
GT finish off with NC and BSHS who have both lost 3 games with GT only having lost to TSS, I'd rate GT's chances of getting close. Anything could happen as seen last weekend TSS vs Churchie (TSS first loss in 2 seasons).

Fair enough on that. GT have done remarkably well to get to where they are. A team of no stars, just plugging away with different players chipping in week in week out. However, when push comes to shove, and the pressure shows, the cream will come to the top. Spoke to a GT player and got the feeling that they have already achieved beyond what was expected of them, therefore I think the hunger to win these games will not be there.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
or may come down to weather!!! a tss washout and a gt win would see a joint premiership for both teams.
Now that wouldn't be that be interesting, did not think of it that way. I guess all eyes will be on the weather and the TSS game then. Good luck to them both.

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
Now that wouldn't be that be interesting, did not think of it that way. I guess all eyes will be on the weather and the TSS game then. Good luck to them both.

Would be interesting to see if TSS are happy with a washout and hence guaranteed to win a premiership, all be it a joint one if GT are to beat BSHS, or do TSS want to win outright!!! They are without doubt the best team in the comp, but cricket is a funny game!!!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
They certainly would want to win outright and take the premiership for a second time in a row but as you say Cricket is a funny game!

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Nail-biting end to the First XI match at Southport.
I arrived at the start of the 49th over of the TSS innings, after TGS scored 9/205.
TSS were 8/204 requiring 2 runs to win, or TGS 2 wickets.
With the field in, the first 4 balls were dot balls, before the TSS batsman went over the top for a 4, to win with a ball to spare.

Congratulations to both teams for holding their nerve, and taking it down to the wire.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nail-biting end to the First XI match at Southport.
I arrived at the start of the 49th over of the TSS innings, after TGS scored 9/205.
TSS were 8/204 requiring 2 runs to win, or TGS 2 wickets.
With the field in, the first 4 balls were dot balls, before the TSS batsman went over the top for a 4, to win with a ball to spare.

Congratulations to both teams for holding their nerve, and taking it down to the wire.
Congratulations to TSS and well done to TG for keeping the pressure on to the last over.

Status
Not open for further replies.