• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Kristian Satui. Caleb Timu.
Battle for hooker between Feleti Kaitu'u and Francois Postal.
NC looking strong but probably slightly less than 2010.

T

TheTruth

Churchie
after a shocking year for Mr Jones in 2010 as coach, he might be able to settle in and gain some respect from the boys - meaning they will be very competitive

D

dleezy02

Churchie
after a shocking year for Mr Jones in 2010 as coach, he might be able to settle in and gain some respect from the boys - meaning they will be very competitive

I've heard from many Churchie affiliates that many of their 15 A' players of 2010 will be featuring in the first XV of 2011
considering that their 15's came 3rd, tied with grammar
what are the chances of them being competitive with the likes of Nudgee, State High or TSS?

R

Rothschild

Even before this years series had begun, the TSS staff were actually more confident in what could be achieved next year. They have a very strong and balanced back line, magnificent #10 come #12 and a very solid pack.
While not predicting anything they will be good - IF THEY USE THE BALL PROPERLY. We won't go there just now but those viruses have been ejected from the body.
Not so sure on State. After 2 very good years with very strong sides, they have finally run out of players backing up 2 years in a row and I believe they will only have 4 maybe 5 from this year. F'Sautia of course will totally dominate everything GPS this year - if he gets the ball. We could see him in a new role at 15 I predict.
Have got nothing on NC but you can never discount them particularly with their 'development' program. Always coming up with the goods when most needed.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
CFS will become a legend of Oz School rugby next year methinks.

Don't chip me for putting pressure on the lad because I'm making no claims for after school. I will hold my tongue on that.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Go to BBC and yes new coach is Tom Barker - old churchie coach? I play C's but I have a friend who is trying out for the firsts - they all have had an interview and apparently the bloke wants to play smart counter attacking rugby. Not sure about our ability to do that - I believe we're much better at the northern hemisphere game. The depth in the team is okay but can't see us getting in the top four in 2011. Really rate our front row and flanks plus eight but thats about it. I expect we'll lose to most of the bad teams except two and upset one good team as it's a tradition...

Nudgee '05
Southport '06
Not sure about 07 08 and 09
but
churchie '10

Only expectation is to beat one of the big four as it's always so satisfying.

Have a friend who goes to ipswich who thinks they have a particularly athletic team so expect them to cause a few upsets perhaps finishing just outside the top four.
Personal prediction: Nudgee or TSS.

TSS have a very balanced backline too.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
unsub god,

PJ morgan (old flyhalf, walked out last season) is gone, and happily so for me (he was an arrogant man).
The replacement for him was some guy in year 11 this year, was okay. Didn't create much in attack but never stuffed up (attack or defense).
I'm not sure about number twelve (who it was).
Number thirteen was joel who was.. at times lazy at other times brilliant. Did one or two things to create a try and then backed off. Perhaps was a confidence player but all that is irrelevant now because he was in year twelve and as far as I know isn't repeating. I personally expect his replacement to be either Ned Heathcoat, year 10 this year, who is a great goal kicker, big enough and fast, passing game is decent. Or lorenzo Vogel, who is a bloke who played a couple of games towards the end of the year in some strange position (might've been inside but not sure), anyway seemed okay but I think he might be on a scholarship so like league converts the BBC rugby board will be bound to throw him straight into the squad for no apparent reason other than he looks good. However rumour is he is dodgy in regards to training so my money will be on heathcoat.

number fourteen was daniel poultnei, year 12, tall. Was good at kicking i guess but not quite fast enough on counter attack. to be replaced by? there are many contendors for the wing so I have no idea...

Nick Connoly played fifteen and in short was great at kick returns, good defense, again not fast enough.

and i think the number 11 was in year 11 so he'll stay.

Oh and brodie wilson was the number nine. (year 11). so he stays as well.

in short, staying: 9, 10, 11, 12??

not staying: 13 14 15 12??

I can give everyone a prediction and that is that the 15, 11 and 14 will all be fast and no good at kicking judging by Barker's ideology.
will obtain updates for that.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Had a few mates who applied for the job at BBC. It will be interesting to see how their fortunes change as a result of Barker taking over.

R

Rothschild

I expect we'll lose to most of the bad teams except two and upset one good team as it's a tradition...

Nudgee '05
Southport '06
Not sure about 07 08 and 09
but
churchie '10

Only expectation is to beat one of the big four as it's always so satisfying.
2002, beat TSS at Sputhport and denied them a premiership - bloody good game though by the boater boys

T

Thomas

The churchie front row from this year are all repeating, which will be bad for all opposition

T

Thomas

Just realised this will be Curtis Browning's final year, has he played Australian school boys for 2 years already?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Are either of the Hunt boys from Nudgee staying on next year?

Also did either of them have the same impact as Stefano did in his final year. Not sure but I think Stephen is being looked at by the force

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Terrace will be pretty weak in 2011. Hurts me to say it but I'm tipping them for the wooden spoon. Hopefully they do the jersey proud and play with a bit of ticker.

I'm third cousins with the lucas brothers and they haven't got another one coming through their for a few years lol so that might let you down. Also you guys have James Dalgleish, guy going into year 11, plays inside center and went to primary school with me. Used to play club rugby down there at taylor bridge. He's big enough, fast enough, has the skills and fitness, and most likely has the ticker. Surely he will at least make the bench?

T

Thomas

Are either of the Hunt boys from Nudgee staying on next year?

Also did either of them have the same impact as Stefano did in his final year. Not sure but I think Stephen is being looked at by the force
One got expelled but I can't remember which one. There was talk he was going to Ipswich on a scholarship but that if not true.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Just realised this will be Curtis Browning's final year, has he played Australian school boys for 2 years already?

He played for Oz A Schools in 2009 and Oz Schools in 2010. They went on tour to Europe in 2009; so he probably slipped into the Ones every now and then but Greg Peterson and Luke Jones were ahead of him as 2nd rowers.

Can't wait to see him play senior rugby one of these days in his natural position - no.8; he has a high mongrel factor on the TPN scale and is going to be a cracking player. Keep a spot for him at the Reds a year or two down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.