• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Terrace have really done themselves no favours with the public nature of this decision. If you read the fine print, it seems that they are just bumping kids up the very long entry que rather full blown importing. Which is something they have probably done in the past anyway. I'm sure the bit about providing financial assistance will only be where necessary, which again, is something the school already does.

Nonetheless, the very public way in which they have lowered their 'moral' standards by importing will be seen as a massive failure unless they win the bloody comp.

B

bottleneck

heres my market for premiers 2012 churchie 1to4.grammar TSS nudgee 5to 1 .BSHS IGS 10 to1 TGS 25 to 1 GT BBC 100to 1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Terrace have really done themselves no favours with the public nature of this decision. If you read the fine print, it seems that they are just bumping kids up the very long entry que rather full blown importing. Which is something they have probably done in the past anyway. I'm sure the bit about providing financial assistance will only be where necessary, which again, is something the school already does.

Nonetheless, the very public way in which they have lowered their 'moral' standards by importing will be seen as a massive failure unless they win the bloody comp.

But they are only going to be students that are achieving sporting merit for entry into grade 5 and 8 (will change to grade 7 soon). How many sporting stars are they going to find?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But they are only going to be students that are achieving sporting merit for entry into grade 5 and 8 (will change to grade 7 soon). How many sporting stars are they going to find?

Not many, sounds like a stupid idea when most other schools are bringing kids in once they have started hitting the gym and have developing skills which could be useful for the 1st XV. The only kids mature enough physically to compete in any sport at that age are the Islander kids and even then the majority of the field will catch up by about grade 10 and overtake soon after.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I know quite a few kids that were picked up by State High in grade 8, one that went on to play Aust A schoolboys. A few of them didn't play rugby in grade 12.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
The article would appear to say that students would be considered for entry in the main entry years, but as far as I know there are plans to bring in students in Grade 10 & 11 for next year, possibly a reason why a number of large polynesian boys have been seen given tours around Terrace the past few weeks by the director of rugby/sport.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The article would appear to say that students would be considered for entry in the main entry years, but as far as I know there are plans to bring in students in Grade 10 & 11 for next year, possibly a reason why a number of large polynesian boys have been seen given tours around Terrace the past few weeks by the director of rugby/sport.

Did terrace get a new rugby master after this season or is the old bloke still in charge?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know what schools are doing for their pre-season tours?

Heard through the grapevine that premiership favourites Churchie are heading over to the UK, wouldn't surprise me if TSS, Nudgee, BGS, GT and TGS have plans for tours in coming weeks.

B

bottleneck

Anyone know what schools are doing for their pre-season tours?

Heard through the grapevine that premiership favourites Churchie are heading over to the UK, wouldn't surprise me if TSS, Nudgee, BGS, GT and TGS have plans for tours in coming weeks.

Terrace will soon be competitive in all grades as their lower teams are very good .Add a few good rugby players to each A team and Terrace will be a rugby powerhouse once more.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Terrace will soon be competitive in all grades as their lower teams are very good .Add a few good rugby players to each A team and Terrace will be a rugby powerhouse once more.

That would probably be the secret to any teams' success. Terrace will hopefully improve but it's not a sure thing, they are a long way off being a powerhouse in the GPS. It has taken years for TGS to rebound from their glory days and recapture any kind of success on the field. TSS' downfall since their 2010 premiership has left them in unfamiliar territory in which they aren't even considered in the top 3 contenders at the moment. Churchie has taken 6 years to rebuild since the 2005 premiership and 2006 shortcoming.

Winning is part of a school culture, Terrace is lacking it in more than just one sport.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I've never been of the opinion that terraces problems had that much to do with the players, the program and culture are what need to change. Once they get the program sorted out they have the potential to be a consistent mid table threat, then you maybe think about bringing in talented athletes to prop up the depth. But there is no point importing if you don't first have a good culture and program - this have been proven time and time again by BBC, IGS, TGS, BGS and at times churchie.

H

hatman

Same guy, new 1st XV coach however
Who is the new coach? He might be like the boy with the wheelbarrow - have the job in front of him. GT need to change their headmaster & the cultural change will follow if they get the right person in that job. All other GPS schools have headmasters who believe both sport & academia are integral to a boy's development.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Terrace seem, from my opinion, to have the view that Academia and Personal Development are integral to a boy's development. Sport is one of the parts that make up personal development, not the most important part just one of the many parts. Schools are not there to produce great athletes their role is to help develop students into being the best they can be. I think that Terrace do a very good job of this.

I may bias as I went to Terrace.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Terrace seem, from my opinion, to have the view that Academia and Personal Development are integral to a boy's development. Sport is one of the parts that make up personal development, not the most important part just one of the many parts. Schools are not there to produce great athletes their role is to help develop students into being the best they can be. I think that Terrace do a very good job of this.

I may bias as I went to Terrace.

That may be the best advertisement for a school I've ever read. No way I'm paying that money though... the little 'un is headed for BSHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.