• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Has the GPS system changed and are there actual multiple premierships these days or is it still just forum banter?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ive seen highlights of The Scots this year on YouTube and to be honest I wasn't thinking wow look at this team.
Scots dominated their season through their "running rugby" style of play. No kicking, just straight up take it to the opponent and offload when they get the chance.

Whilst the ACGS defence was quite strong this year, they gave away a little too many penalties at the breakdown. Combine that with the fact that Ponga would get very little ball at the back due to Scots no kick policy, I'd say Scots would win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
The Gold Logies
Best players
Under 13 Colsten. And Raroren 13 and 2 BBC
Under 14. tau tau Nudgee and 7 for GT
Under 15. Lucas GT and 15 for Churchie -Lennon
Under 16 NC 10 and TSS 7
1st xv. Fox and Ponga ACGS
Dame Edna award for coaching: Gilmour ACGS
Improvement and encouragement award TGS and coaches
Green and Gold award for fair unbiased reporting: The King
JK Rowley award for best read: Monday Expert and WarrenWobble

<Post Edited by Mods>

Good luck Aussie schoolboys and welcome Tongan Thor

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Hmm. Are you saying the schools own the image copyright for their players ? How about my son in 14Ds ? Do they own his image too ?

Try this link - http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/street-photographers-rights/

"There are no publicity or personality rights in Australia, and there is no right to privacy that protects a person's image."
If a parent signs that there is a I mage restriction because the child might be under custody arrangement or a protection order from a ward of the state issue ... then yes .... Remember that you aren't dealing with only private schools but a state school also ... Ask your lawyer ...

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
The Gold Logies
Best players
Under 13 Colsten. And Raroren 13 and 2 BBC
Under 14. tau tau Nudgee and 7 for GT
Under 15. Lucas GT and 15 for Churchie -Lennon
Under 16 NC 10 and TSS 7
1st xv. Fox and Ponga ACGS
Dame Edna award for coaching: Gilmour ACGS
Improvement and encouragement award TGS and coaches
Green and Gold award for fair unbiased reporting: The King
JK Rowley award for best read: Monday Expert and WarrenWobble

<Post Edited by Mods>

Good luck Aussie schoolboys and welcome Tongan Thor
Lol at your awards ...
U13 correct
U14 tau tau NO ... Xavier soli and tom ford, Joe small are the best players
U15 did Bshs win this comp their forwards dominated and. 12 was outstanding at times GT LUCAS yes ... Best player is TGS 13 in the comp
Rest of your choices are fair, we all have opinions. ... Lol

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Very much doubt that this would happen, not just the age difference issues but they have just changed it the other way and any move like this takes an enormous amount to get the headmasters assoc to agree on anything.
On another matter did anyone read david Penberthy in the CM today-gee does he have a lot to learn !
Guildford.... Looks like you get to shine my shoes again wear the dunce hat again ... Year level teams here we come ... GT push for this but they don't realise that they are giving a huge advantage to boarding schools ... Lol maybe they want to break up the NC U14 ... Lol.... Is this the only contact sport in the country where players can be a year older then others ... Bring it on can't wait ...... The faces of the terrace mums are going to be priceless

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Guildford.. Looks like you get to shine my shoes again wear the dunce hat again . Year level teams here we come . GT push for this but they don't realise that they are giving a huge advantage to boarding schools . Lol maybe they want to break up the NC U14 . Lol.. Is this the only contact sport in the country where players can be a year older then others . Bring it on can't wait .. The faces of the terrace mums are going to be priceless

Don't they realise that the schools ( TSS ,NC , ACGS BBC )with boarders from NSW and PNG will have many many boys a year older than the grade the grade they are in,
There will be dozens of huge tough 15 year old league boys from the bush playing under 14 next year.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Don't they realise that the schools ( TSS ,NC , ACGS BBC )with boarders from NSW and PNG will have boys a year older than the grade the grade they are in,
There will be dozens of huge tough 15 year old league boys from the bush playing under 14 next year.

You play based on your age, so if you're in grade 9 but 15 by the month cut off, you will play in u15.

By the sounds of it, the boys you speak of will play up.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Year levels so if your in grade 10 but 16 you play year 10 rugby ...... Didn't NC have a boy play first xv who is currently in grade 9 .... As I said in my earlier post I know of 2 85 kg props that can play down again as year 10 students that should be under 16 and also 1 115kg prop from another school that plays down as well .... NC u14 team .... 6 players can stay down .... There is no month cut off

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Year levels so if your in grade 10 but 16 you play year 10 rugby .. Didn't NC have a boy play first xv who is currently in grade 9 .. As I said in my earlier post I know of 2 85 kg props that can play down again as year 10 students that should be under 16 and also 1 115kg prop from another school that plays down as well .. NC u14 team .. 6 players can stay down .. There is no month cut off

Better check that mate, the age rule started this year. Many kids found themselves playing up a year.

If it's found a school isn't abiding by the age rules, I'm sure it will be remedied

Having said that, if you were 16 and in grade 10, even under the old system you would have played U16 mate

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Better check that mate, the age rule started this year. Many kids found themselves playing up a year.

If it's found a school isn't abiding by the age rules, I'm sure it will be remedied

Having said that, if you were 16 and in grade 10, even under the old system you would have played U16 mate

Correct and a great decision, boys should be playing rugby with their class mates that is what Schoolboy rugby should, in fact, be all about.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Correct and a great decision, boys should be playing rugby with their class mates that is what Schoolboy rugby should, in fact, be all about.

Umm, this system means some kids won't play with their classmates.

If you're 15 before July in a given year and in grade 9, you'll end up playing U15s instead of U14s with your classmates.

bluewhiteblue

Frank Row (1)
Should be like athletics and swimming and the real world. Your age is based on your year of birth. January 1st to December 31st. At 1st 15 level to cater for one year of repeating. If you are held back twice you are ineligible

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Should be like athletics and swimming and the real world. Your age is based on your year of birth. January 1st to December 31st. At 1st 15 level to cater for one year of repeating. If you are held back twice you are ineligible

So effectively the new system changes that to be like a financial year.

Technically 1st XV is simply OPEN, so there is no age requirements or restrictions.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Umm, this system means some kids won't play with their classmates.

If you're 15 before July in a given year and in grade 9, you'll end up playing U15s instead of U14s with your classmates.

Yes but you are looking a smaller percentage compared to half the year in the current arrangements, unfortunately by falling into line with NSW and breaking up the year we have made playing sport with your mates much harder. Why we ever changed teh school year is beyond me.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

As it was before we screwed with the School Year!!

Clubs can be that way as they should, school should be about playing with your class mates.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Just looking at the school year and how it all works now by 2020 (as an example) we will have half Year 10 at 16 years old, Year 11 16 and 17 and Year 12 17 and 18 - it is going to get competitive for places in the firsts when they will legitimately have 2 and half years of 16+ year olds - we will see a lot more 3 year first players in the future.

Or maybe the increased number of 18 year old students will make 16's in the first a rare thing.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Year levels so if your in grade 10 but 16 you play year 10 rugby .. Didn't NC have a boy play first xv who is currently in grade 9 .. As I said in my earlier post I know of 2 85 kg props that can play down again as year 10 students that should be under 16 and also 1 115kg prop from another school that plays down as well .. NC u14 team .. 6 players can stay down .. There is no month cut off

RD - you speak with authority. When was the change to year groups agreed to by the Headmasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.