• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_man

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have a prediction of the GT forward pack? Who can play Hooker and second row in a school pretty much filled with loose forwards?

G

Gt rugby

ACGS team for 2014:
1. Angus Wagner (16A 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
2. Josh Webb (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
3. Richie Asitia (2nd XV 2013)
4. Angus Scott-Young (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
5. Jeremy Gimpel (1st XV 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
6. Liam Wright (1st XV 2013 + Met East U15 2013)
7. James Macmillan (15A 2013 + U15 Met East)
8. Harley Foxx (1st XV 2013)
9. Harry Nucifora (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
10. Mack Mason (1st XV 2013+ Queensland U16 Red 2012)
11. Hugo Doessel (16a 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
12. Sam Wallis (15A 2013 + U15 Met East)
13. Izaiah Perese (1st XV 2013)
14. Max Quigley (1st XV 2013)
15. Benjamin Ogilvie (1st XV 2013)

solid team but your forgetting Kay Ponga

Elusive1

Frank Row (1)
IGS 1st XV 2014

1.Josvyn.S /Efi.M
2.Johann.K /Martin.K
3.Sham.V /Cooper.S
4.Izack Rhodda
5.Matt Preen
6.Braden Schiller
7.Jaidan.S/Sam.W
8. Unga.W
9.Harry.P
10.Bryce.E
11.Rickus.N
12.Ethan.P
13.Aj.R
14.Jackson.W/Mark.b
15.Connor.S/Mark.B
I think it would be fair to say that IGS were arguably the biggest disappointment in 2013. I am aware that injuries to key players prevented the team reaching its potential, but they scored enough points to win most games and their defensive lapses must be a huge concern for the coaches and will probably be a record tally for this proud old school. Does anyone know the name of the 10 that came on in the second half against BBC? The game changed from a one sided affair to a great contest when he came on although he didn't look like the Edwards boy shown on the Team Prediction.

Stillnoidea

Peter Burge (5)
The game changed from a one sided affair to a great contest....

The game changed when IGS broke the laws of the game by choosing to run a back on instead of an injured prop and then calling for uncontested scrums. They should have played one man down if they could not or would not replace the front-rower with another

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
The game changed when IGS broke the laws of the game by choosing to run a back on instead of an injured prop and then calling for uncontested scrums. They should have played one man down if they could not or would not replace the front-rower with another
There was no uncontested scrums against BBC??

Elusive1

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for clarifying that S, I thought for a moment that I had the brain fade and referred to the wrong game myself. Lets hope these two are around next year as the replacement Fly Half in particular was certainly a pleasure to watch with ball in hand

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anyone have a prediction of the GT forward pack? Who can play Hooker and second row in a school pretty much filled with loose forwards?
Wouldn't be surprised to see Morahan or McNamee turn up in the second row following the example of Riser a few years ago.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks for clarifying that S, I thought for a moment that I had the brain fade and referred to the wrong game myself. Lets hope these two are around next year as the replacement Fly Half in particular was certainly a pleasure to watch with ball in hand
I think the No 10 for IGS was Carlin Anderson and he played a whole game (played with a injured shoulder). Was selected in Aust A but has had to pull out of the team.

Elusive1

Frank Row (1)
I think the No 10 for IGS was Carlin Anderson and he played a whole game (played with a injured shoulder). Was selected in Aust A but has had to pull out of the team.
Anderson wore 10 but shifted out a position for the replacement. Its not Edwards as i have seen him at club level, maybe we have a member with some IGS intel that knows the U16 or 2nd XV players?

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I was out watching the BJRU rugby championships at Albany Creek Rugby Grounds. Some excellent tallent on show in the U/15 and U/16 competition. Very interesting to watch the GPS rugby selectors swoop on any country kids that shows talent or ability. I am heading out again today and the finals are on tomorrow. The PNG U/17 boys are great to watch if you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.