• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnip

Frank Row (1)
BSHS program waifer thin. No depth but some of the girls could have really made a difference if you could be bothered to field b and c teams. Some of them were scary looking.
Sounds like someone is a bit salty after the results at Tennyson today. State High's win in the 1st XV today means GT finish below State High on the Table, so before you start expressing your opinion on the "waifer thin" State High rugby program I believe you should review the performance of GT this season.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
In the 14As, if BSHS had converted their last try and won, then State High and BBC would have shared the premiership, with GT 3rd - 3 good teams.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-11046-0-377145-0&pool=1&a=LADDER
There was all sorts of shenanigans going on in the final ruck of the game, the ref could have blown more than 5 penalties both wats easily. Still GT fumbled in a panic and BSHS exploited it. GT 3 try's to 2, I thought it was a probably a fair draw.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Keep the Season 2015 banter up, but it is that time of the year again isn't it?

Some will be back on the QLD GPS roundabout in 2016. Look forward to seeing you again, and welcoming the new folk.
Go here: -> http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/qld-gps-rugby-2016.16042/

Some will be off to the brave new world of Colts. That can be an rude awakening for many.
Go here: -> http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/qld-colts-2016.16043/

Anyone wanting to talk about the journey from Schoolboy footy to Colts? There are plenty who are keen to hear your thoughts and experiences and ideas on the subject.
Go here: -->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...y-rugby-to-colts-is-there-a-better-way.14776/

Where are this years graduates going to be in 2016?
Go here: ->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/which-clubs-are-the-class-of-2015-going-to.15876/

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Congrats to the 2 GPS boys that finished 2nd in the Commonwealth games under 20 sevens.
We will see them both play NZ this month.

Australian Boys Sevens results and fixtures in Apia, Samoa, 9-11 September
Weds 9 September, Australia 24-12 Samoa, Pool A
Thu 10 September, Australia 66-0 Cayman Islands, Pool A
Thu 10 September, Australia 29-7 Fiji, Pool A
Thu 10 September, Australia 26-7 England, Semi-Finals
Fri 11 September, Australia 21-30 South Africa, Gold Medal Match

Australian Boys Sevens squad for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games in Apia, Samoa (in alphabetical order):
Lachlan ANDERSON (Forward) Kellyville NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
Tim ANSTEE (Utility) Baulkham Hills NSW. William Clarke College, NSW
Oisin CLARKEN (Back) Doveton VIC. Hallam Senior College, VIC
Josh COWARD (Back) Greensborough VIC. St Patricks College, Ballarat, VIC
Sam EDWARDS (Back) Stafford, QLD.
Harrison GODDARD (Back) Kenthurst NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
Simon KENNEWELL (Utility) Collaroy NSW. Newington College, NSW
Robert LEOTA (Forward) Thornbury VIC. Thornbury High School, VIC
Liam McNAMARA (Back) Runcorn QLD. Sunnybank Rugby Club, QLD
Jayden NGAMANU (Back) Madeley WA. Brisbane Boys College, QLD
Dylan RILEY (Utility) Hope Island QLD. The Southport School, Gold Coast, QLD
Tuaina TUALIMA (Back) Browns Plains QLD.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
I think I have this right - makes for interesting reading.

Ist XV:
1. ACGS
2. NC
3. TGS, BBC, TSS

16A:
1. TSS, NC
2. BBC
3. ACGS

15A:
1. IGS, NC
2. TSS
3. BSHS

14A:
1. BBC
2. GT
3. BSHS

13A:
1. IGS
2. BSHS
3. BBC

Top 3 Finishes by school in A Grade:
BBC - 4
NC, TSS - 3
BSHS - 3
IGS, ACGS - 2
TGS, GT - 1
BGS - 0

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
14A:
1. BBC
2. GT
3. BSHS

Actually there was a lot of drawn "premierships" in the age groups.

TSS and NC tied in the 16s.

1. TSS & NC
3. BBC

IGS and NC tied in the 15s.

15A:
1. IGS & NC
3. TSS

GT and BBC tied in the 14s.

14A:
1. BBC & GT
3. BSHS

and also:

12A

1. GT
2. BSHS & NC

11A

1. BBC
2. NC
3. TSS

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting reading

GT won 12 A
BBC won 11A with NC 2nd.

TSS won 2nd xv -and were top 3 in 1sts ,2nds and 16A as they have been for a long time. It clearly shows what others have said:that TSS only start to recruit in grade 10 with boys who are already 16-many from northern NSW. A good system

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Actually there was a lot of drawn "premierships" in the age groups.

TSS and NC tied in the 16s.

1. TSS & NC
3. BBC

IGS and NC tied in the 15s.

15A:
1. IGS & NC
3. TSS

GT and BBC tied in the 14s.

14A:
1. BBC & GT
3. BSHS

and also:

12A

1. GT
2. BSHS & NC

11A

1. BBC
2. NC
3. TSS

I think you will find that Premierships (outside of Firsts), are decided on number of wins. So BBC win U14A outright.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Interesting reading

GT won 12 A
BBC won 11A with NC 2nd.

TSS won 2nd xv -and were top 3 in 1sts ,2nds and 16A as they have been for a long time. It clearly shows what others have said:that TSS only start to recruit in grade 10 with boys who are already 16-many from northern NSW. A good system

Agreed.

NC are fairly consistent across all age groups still - although no U13/U14 top 3s.

TSS definitely leave it to the older age groups and have done that across a number sports for a decade or 2.

BSHS/IGS/BBC leading the charge down in the younger age groups.

rugbysthewinner

Peter Burge (5)
I think you will find that Premierships (outside of Firsts), are decided on number of wins. So BBC win U14A outright.

Whilst BBC topped the table, it is actually a joint Premiership.
image.jpg

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)

I think you will find there is no such thing as a premiership outside of the firsts.

All we're doing is "pretending" that points were allocated in the same way as the first XV competition as there are no rules at all.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Is it number of wins in the lower age groups ( except firsts ), or is the points system the same as GPS soccer - that is 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw ?

There is no official premiersip or points allocation outside of the First XV, it doesn't exist so there are no rules.

You can create "pretend" premierships either by wins or allocating points as per the Firxt XV competition rules. The latter of which most people do.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
1st XV Stats
School, Points for, Points against, Point difference, Overall points.
ACGS 261 150 111 14
NC 252 166 86 12
TSS 293 160 133 10
BBC 251 175 76 10
TGS 243 197 46 10
BSHS 178 213 -35 8
GT 201 227 -26 6
BGS 130 361 -231 2
IGS 168 185 -17 0

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
NC 40 IGS 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I watched this game and the 2nd XV on the weekend. How did IGS 1st XV finish bottom???
IGS 2nd XV destroyed our 2nds team and won easily 5 trys to 2. IGS were very skillful and fast and by far the better team.
I then watched the 1st come out thinking that they would have been looking for a cricket score. This was far from the case with only a intercept try (in IGS's own goal area) and some other soft missed tackles, the difference between the teams. This game had a few of us suprised that IGS hadn't won a game (even loosing to BGS) and a few of our senior (soon to be Australian Schoolboys) players coming off very battered and bruised. I know we had some injuries, but IGS weren't the worst team I have seen this year.

Disco3

Frank Row (1)
Interesting reading

GT won 12 A
BBC won 11A with NC 2nd.

TSS actually won 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 16a and 16c. Talk about depth!

Status
Not open for further replies.