• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

prop80

Frank Row (1)
Without talking it up too much, I think BBC will be the team to beat with Nudgee and Churchie following close by. Nudgee and BBC have a lot of boys with second year experience. I hear Churchie have a lot of young players this year compared to their experienced VX last year. They still have x factor in Jayden S'ua who is now from whispers is now signed with Broncos with their 20s pack. Any news on the TSS stocks for 2015?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Without talking it up too much, I think BBC will be the team to beat with Nudgee and Churchie following close by. Nudgee and BBC have a lot of boys with second year experience. I hear Churchie have a lot of young players this year compared to their experienced VX last year. They still have x factor in Jayden S'ua who is now from whispers is now signed with Broncos with their 20s pack. Any news on the TSS stocks for 2015?

Mr Prop

On paper-you have a reasonable argument.Is it 10 or 11 bacK?Plus their connection with the Broncos continues to pay dividends in grade 8 & 9.
But BBC are the Boston White Sox of the GPS ."whatever can go wrong-will go wrong".
Injuries in Japan is my tip.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
G'day everyone. Long time no see.

Had a peruse of the JGC squads, pleased to see plenty of GPS representation.. Going through the names I spotted a fair few First XV reps from last year.

Joel Kuchel, Sean Farrell, Fraser Cotton?, Fraser McReight, Tim Sippel, Martin Koorts, Zac Shepherd, Reuben Wall and Unga Wolske are all in line to play three years of First XV footy, so you can imagine these boys will be leading the Qld and Aussie Schoolboy charge for 2016.

Looking forward to the JGC to get a peak at which boys will be putting their hands up for 1st XV duty this year.

* indicates First XV experience

Purple - Brisbane Purple
Orange - Brisbane Orange
Pink - Brisbane Pink
Black - Logan
Red - Gold Coast
Green - Darling Downs

Churchie - 4
Isaac Tarabay - ACGS
Jacob Williams - ACGS
Joel Kuchel - ACGS*
Henry Lennon - ACGS

BBC - 10
Ben Simpson - BBC
Samuel Lassman - BBC
Cal Hope - BBC
Finn Mounsey - BBC
Fraser Cotton - BBC*
Isaac Henry - BBC
Nick Porter - BBC
Paraka Nii - BBC
Saula Senituli - BBC
Sean Farrell - BBC*

Grammar -1
Fraser McReight - BGS*

State High - 16
Quinton Mahina - BSHS
Ruben Jones - BSHS
Neal McNamara - BSHS
Nicholas Maina - BSHS
Rory Brown - BSHS
Rudi Levi - BSHS
Lloyd Gorman - BSHS
Shea Lalagavesi - BSHS
Ben Mackenzie - BSHS
Dan Sippel - BSHS
Joshua Fenner - BSHS
Martin Koorts - BSHS*
Noa Tuicakau - BSHS
Patrick Tafa - BSHS
Tim Sippel - BSHS*
Zac Shepherd - BSHS*

Terrace - 7
Jack Lutvey - GT
Sam Dodson - GT
Oliver Clarke - GT
Jonathan Clough - GT
Reuben Wall - GT*
Will Hairrison - GT
Matthew Harlow - GT

Ipswich - 5
Arno Engelbrecht - IGS
Bradley Whaley - IGS
Efitusi Ma’afu - IGS
Egan Keepa - IGS
Unga Wolske - IGS*

Nudgee - 11
Blake Schoupp - NC
Doug Bailey - NC
Tom Orchard - NC
Zac Findeis-Guthrie - NC
Augustus Rangihuna - NC
Carter Hoy - NC
Finn Mckee - NC
Hayden Moseley - NC
Kalala Meni - NC
Travis Donoghoe - NC
Tuaumu Junior Meni - NC
Latrell Soli - NC
Tom Hogan - NC

Southport - 10
Angus Blyth - TSS
Jack Butler - TSS
Koen Dovey - TSS
Callum Elliot - TSS
Tyler Gillott - TSS
Finn McElroy - TSS
Jackson Neale - TSS
Hayden Sargenat - TSS
Egan Siggs - TSS
Josh Tonkin - TSS

Toowoomba - 22
Lawson Dingle*
Richard Clift
Jarrod Hoopert
Harry Hoopert*
Clancy Standford
Tom Bassingthwaite
Charlie Carswell
Ben Carmichael*
Mace Hartley*
Normski Doyle
Stuart Markey*
Ben Littleton
Darcy Coleman
Josh McKay*
Bill Vary*
Hamish Stewart*
Ashton Watson
Will Clark-Dickson
Harry Cooke*

Found the Darling Downs team. All up, 86 GPS reps involved in JGC with 18 in possession of First XV caps.

@linespeed No, not yet - I'm allergic to preseason!

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Churchie will have a great year but I think TSS is the team to beat followed by Nudgee of course. State High will be up there with GT and TGS. I think BGS will fight out the wooden spoon with IGS. But the team I want to see get their monkey off the their back is BBC. Just so everyone can stop talking about them.

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
Mr Prop

On paper-you have a reasonable argument.Is it 10 or 11 bacK?Plus their connection with the Broncos continues to pay dividends in grade 8 & 9.
But BBC are the Boston White Sox of the GPS ."whatever can go wrong-will go wrong".
Injuries in Japan is my tip.
Are they going on a Japan Tour?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ahh...ahem..that would be the Boston Red Sox, and they won the comp in 2013, 2007, and 2004.

But I get your point...you meant Chicago White Sox.

Sorry to be pedantic and I don't really like Baseball anyway. I just happen to live in the Boston area where such words would be considered fighting talk by the locals.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ahh.ahem..that would be the Boston Red Sox, and they won the comp in 2013, 2007, and 2004.

But I get your point.you meant Chicago White Sox.

Sorry to be pedantic and I don't really like Baseball anyway. I just happen to live in the Boston area where such words would be considered fighting talk by the locals.

yes- Chicago White Sox.

The ones that always find a way to lose at the final hurdle.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
If BBC return from Japan with a low injury rate, then maybe they could be a force to reckon as they have had good game time ahead of most GPS sides, other than that it's hard to push past Nudgee, Churchie & TSS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
TSS I think have 8 players from last year, Angus Allen, Calum Ball, Tipene Mavoa, Emery Pere in the fwd's and Lenac, Campbell, Whitbread and Riley in the backs, not sure about any new blood.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
8 returning sounds right. Also, a new fullback from the Tweed apparently.

Yes Northern NSW with its strong rugby league background has been a very strong recruiting ground for TSS>

If I understand correctly there were 8 players from NSW in TSS 1st xv last year.

Nudgee forward pack will be very strong this year.
BBC only lost 2 of its backline(and has some 16 A stars in Qld 7s) -but lost a few forwards.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I was looking through the thesis papers of Australia's level 3 rugby coaches and spotted a few familiar names.

Dave Enfantie, TGS, wrote his paper on the place of offloading in attack.

Jason Gilmore, formerly of ACGS, wrote his paper on the science of the linebreak.

Damon Emtage, BGS, wrote his paper on general play attacking and defensive shape.

Steven Phillpots, of BBC, wrote his paper on the physiological responses of his BBC front rowers over three GPS games.

If you're interested in reading, just google "name* level 3 coaching paper".

Other highlights included Paul Carozza and Carl Marshall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Another fun fact: Nikau Te-Rupe, GT 2013-14, has been named to start on the wing in a Bronco's trial game on March 5.

Coming off the interchange bench is Matt Parcell, Ipswich Grammar 2009, and brother of 2013-14 halfback Harry

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I was looking through the thesis papers of Australia's level 3 rugby coaches and spotted a few familiar names.

Dave Enfantie, TGS, wrote his paper on the place of offloading in attack.

Jason Gilmore, formerly of ACGS, wrote his paper on the science of the linebreak.

Damon Emtage, BGS, wrote his paper on general play attacking and defensive shape.

Steven Phillpots, of BBC, wrote his paper on the physiological responses of his BBC front rowers over three GPS games.

If you're interested in reading, just google "name* level 3 coaching paper".

Other highlights included Paul Carozza and Carl Marshall

As usual-the King produces another interesting post.
I thought your summaries in the last round in 2014-were your best yet.
Does the Phillpotts article deal with the Aussie schoolboys at all?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Another fun fact: Nikau Te-Rupe, GT 2013-14, has been named to start on the wing in a Bronco's trial game on March 5.

Coming off the interchange bench is Matt Parcell, Ipswich Grammar 2009, and brother of 2013-14 halfback Harry

Is the ARU doing anything about this.?
So many exciting players going to NRL.
I see Josh Bowen , Lachie Maranta and others at the Broncos and both Aussie Schoolboy centres from 2013 at Parramatta- with one already playing A grade.
The GPS rugby system is breeding ground for NRL scouts.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Josh Bowen , Lachie Maranta and others at the Broncos and both Aussie Schoolboy centres from 2013 at Parramatta- with one already playing A grade.
My thoughts are that it should be separated at the school level as it does disadvantage the boys wanting to pursue the union code but get snubbed by the NRL players. The NRL code should be encouraging the schools to start up a Schools NRL Competition.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
As usual-the King produces another interesting post.
I thought your summaries in the last round in 2014-were your best yet.
Does the Phillpotts article deal with the Aussie schoolboys at all?

Thanks - I'd recommend reading it yourself if you're interested. I don't think it dealt with the Schoolboys - just his First XV props.

I disagree, in that Rugby League is probably spewing that all it's Rugby League talent is being siphoned off to Rugby through these GPS Boarding Schools. Isaia Perese and Campbell Magnay are two of the latest to turn their back on Rugby League in favour of Union.

Re the Schoolboy centres from 2013 at Parramatta (and the Roosters I thought), did you catch that haka that went viral this year between the junior kangaroos and the junior kiwis? Front and centre in that flare-up was the Australian Schoolboys inside centre - only, he was wearing black!

The guy who would have captained the Australian schoolboys this year, Angus Crichton, debuted for South Sydney* at the Auckland Nines. Not sure whether he was originally Rugby or League though.

* Or the Roosters - who really cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.