• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Coaching staff for IGS: Dave Eagle, Adrian Thompson, Tyrell Barker. Can this be confirmed?
Can't confirm it but I also heard Eagle & Thompson were coaching IGS. Thompson must be assisting when he can. He would have schools rep selection/advisory roles & his U20s commitments extend to World Champs end of June. GPS fixtures start a month later so that's not much coaching time available for an IGS campaign. Great coaching setup if it's true.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Can't confirm it but I also heard Eagle & Thompson were coaching IGS. Thompson must be assisting when he can. He would have schools rep selection/advisory roles & his U20s commitments extend to World Champs end of June. GPS fixtures start a month later so that's not much coaching time available for an IGS campaign. Great coaching setup if it's true.

If true, you'd imagine that the increase in coaching quality would reflect in increase in recruitment budget as well.

Would this raise Ipswich into dark horse contendership in anyone's opinion?

Maybe. I've always felt S&C was the thing that let IGS down each year.. They've almost patented the 50 minute mark fade out. What they wouldn't give to nab the bloke who runs the TSS gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
NC Director of Rugby Sean Graham starting some of the age groups already with the 15 and 16s provisional A teams starting conditioning training this week.
Is it my imagination or is everything starting a bit earlier this year?

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Agreed - All seems early this year. On the club side the boys are already trialing for teams. Still have 4 games of cricket left in the GPS season !

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Without talking it up too much, I think BBC will be the team to beat with Nudgee and Churchie following close by. Nudgee and BBC have a lot of boys with second year experience. I hear Churchie have a lot of young players this year compared to their experienced VX last year. They still have x factor in Jayden S'ua who is now from whispers is now signed with Broncos with their 20s pack. Any news on the TSS stocks for 2015?

Lets face it-Hewit(already an Aussie schoolboy) back for 3rd year in Nudgee 1sts will probably be best player in the comp. the 15 for BBC (Qld 7s team) will be up there with next best.
I cant see anyone getting close to NC.Huge pack & huge depth.

BBC will go alright if & only if they can get Gunter number 8(3rd year 1st xv) on the field for more than 3 matches this year.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lets face it-Hewit(already an Aussie schoolboy) back for 3rd year in Nudgee 1sts will probably be best player in the comp. the 15 for BBC (Qld 7s team) will be up there with next best.
I cant see anyone getting close to NC.Huge pack & huge depth.

BBC will go alright if & only if they can get Gunter number 8(3rd year 1st xv) on the field for more than 3 matches this year.
My prediction is it is going to be closer than you think between the top 4 (NC, Churchie, BBC and TSS). There will be a mixture of wins and losses between them with not much in the scores. All will depend on the bounce of the ball on the day.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agreed - All seems early this year. On the club side the boys are already trialing for teams. Still have 4 games of cricket left in the GPS season !
The boys participating in 1st XI GPS cricket are forbidden to attend ruby training at some schools. This will put them at a disadvantage at the start of the season especially at the trials.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
My prediction is it is going to be closer than you think between the top 4 (NC, Churchie, BBC and TSS). There will be a mixture of wins and losses between them with not much in the scores. All will depend on the bounce of the ball on the day.

HTC

i hope you are right but my head says Nudgee with 2 Aussie schoolboys back in their forwards along with many 2nd year 1stxv and a new league star brought in by Shane Drahm are clear favourites.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
HTC

i hope you are right but my head says Nudgee with 2 Aussie schoolboys back in their forwards along with many 2nd year 1stxv and a new league star brought in by Shane Drahm are clear favourites.

There only problem I'm hearing is that they already rate their chances really high. Could be positive or negative.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
There only problem I'm hearing is that they already rate their chances really high. Could be positive or negative.
As did BBC last year being the team to beat on paper with TSS rumoured to have had their worst ever line up in 2014, the result was 46-10 to TSS. I think it comes down to who wants it more. All that said if BBC have a good Sanix tour with little or no injuries they do stand a good chance. Rumour has it TSS 1st XV will not be touring this season.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Nope, The Qld 7s/GPS breakup so far is:

Red Squad 1st XV
1. Reece Hewat NC 2013/14/15
2. Martin Koortz BSHS 2014/15
3. Sam Wallis ACGS 2014/15
4. Liam McNamara Sunnybank Colts-BSHS 2014
5. Jayden Ngamanu BBC 2014/15
6. Clifton Setu (c) UQ Colts-St Edmunds 2013/14
7. Sam Edwards UQ Colts-BBC 2013/14
8. Geoff Roberston IGS 2014/15
9. Dylan Riley TSS 2014/15
10.Tiaotin Raoren BBC 2014/15
11.Kris Verevis BBC 2014/15
12.Liam Moseley NC 2014/15

White
1. Jamison Quirk ?
2. Rodney Pita ?
3. Marcel Yonker ?
4. Reuben Wall GT 2014/15
5. Eli Pilz Easts Colts-NC 2013/14
6. Matt Abrahams ?
7. Andrew Ramsden ?
8. Kailab Coventry ?
9. Quillan P-Malakai GT 2014/15
10.Ben Simpson BBC 2014/15
11.Jordan Lenac TSS
12.Jakeb Roir ?

How many of these boys will we see at Ballymore?
Hewat for sure & probably Ngamanu (who was on standby last year).
How many will we see in league? A lot of them.
capture-jpg.5710

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
How many of these boys will we see at Ballymore?
Hewat for sure & probably Ngamanu (who was on standby last year).
How many will we see in league? A lot of them.
capture-jpg.5710
Interesting thought it is hard to know what NSW has though, furthermore how many of these boy will make the Commonwealth Youth Sevens squad?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Supposed GT 1st XV 2015:

1. Adrian Borgia
2. Christophe Beylot
3. Conan Graham
4. Brock Sodencamp
5. Jaryd Deakin
6. Eddie Freemantle
7. Harry Richardson
8. Aiden Latter
9. Casper Clark-Ryan
10. Matthew Harlow
11. Jorge Samios
12. Angus Morris
13. Tom Kelly
14. Oliver Macklin
15. Elliot Keefer
Where is Malakie ?
Didn't know he left

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Nope, The Qld 7s/GPS breakup so far is:

Red Squad 1st XV
1. Reece Hewat NC 2013/14/15
2. Martin Koortz BSHS 2014/15
3. Sam Wallis ACGS 2014/15
4. Liam McNamara Sunnybank Colts-BSHS 2014
5. Jayden Ngamanu BBC 2014/15
6. Clifton Setu (c) UQ Colts-St Edmunds 2013/14
7. Sam Edwards UQ Colts-BBC 2013/14
8. Geoff Roberston IGS 2014/15
9. Dylan Riley TSS 2014/15
10.Tiaotin Raoren BBC 2014/15
11.Kris Verevis BBC 2014/15
12.Liam Moseley NC 2014/15

White
1. Jamison Quirk ?
2. Rodney Pita ?
3. Marcel Yonker ?
4. Reuben Wall GT 2014/15
5. Eli Pilz Easts Colts-NC 2013/14
6. Matt Abrahams ?
7. Andrew Ramsden ?
8. Kailab Coventry ?
9. Quillan P-Malakai GT 2014/15
10.Ben Simpson BBC 2014/15
11.Jordan Lenac TSS
12.Jakeb Roir ?

Qld Red only got 4 th .
It looked to me like the team to beat . Any news on who played well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.