• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
We will have to see how he defends against Ngamanu who is very light on his feet and IMO could, at speed, side step anyone in this years comp.

If anyone has the tape-have a look at the try NGamau scored against TGS -showed them the outside and BOOM he was gone;or
the one he set up for Raroren.
I still think Riley outplayed him against TSS and that BBC rely on him way too much when Ikatu does not play.You can hear the other teams yell out every time he gets the ball.
BBC need that twin x factor of both of them or NC will strangle them .
Any news on young Ikatu?is he fit?

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
From the Chimbou mountains of PNG-to the manicured grass of Toowong.The beauty of GPS rugby
R6A6497-620x930.jpg

"To name a star of the second half would be a disservice to the play of Papua New Guinean crowd favourite Chris Yanopa.Entering the season an unknown quality to all outside the classrooms of Toowong, Yanopa’s low centre of gravity and an unexpected turn of pace for a front-rower helped him toss aside defenders all through the second half.."

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
No I didn't know that.....so when was that? I knew he played rugby union for Illawarra since u 13? 14, but didn't know he was also a representative for rugby league.

Who said I was a Nudgee supporter? I just think they are going to win the competition: (I may be right, I may be wrong, we will just have to find out).

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Sage, I've cut up the highlights of the Nudgee Grammar game to prove my point that Nudgee's backs weren't all too crash hot, just effective enough to overwhelm BGS' feeble defensive effort.

It's uploading now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
That's fine King.

I just said that they scored the tries, will surprise some people (as they surprised me). I said that the BGS defence was woeful and that I just wanted them to tackle.

Nudgee did everything to secure the game. I can't help it if you found it Ugly! Not all rugby is beautiful~ And it was a good win, better than anybody predicted so......

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
He means 2013 when BBC were about to score winning try & NC intercepted.

1.34 seconds in. It was never a winning try, pass clearly went about a metre forward. Even if it was a legal pass, Edwards would have had to run the fastest 80m of his life!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Sage, I've cut up the highlights of the Nudgee Grammar game to prove my point that Nudgee's backs weren't all too crash hot, just effective enough to overwhelm BGS' feeble defensive effort.

It's uploading now

TK, how well do you assess that P Mooney is shaping the BGS side - or, do I have this wrong, and he's 'director of BGS rugby' and not 'coach of the BGS 1st XV'?

(A mild aside: defence was never a Mooney strength during his Reds' period.)

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

It's uploading now

What's the link for this King?

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Those of you who were here last year would remember the upcoming star Kalyn Ponga from ACGS.

Turns out he had a life threatening brain infection for 12-14 weeks earlier this year most likely caused by a sinus infection.

However he recovered well and debuted for the Cowboys under-20s a fortnight ago so kudos to him.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)

1.34 seconds in. It was never a winning try, pass clearly went about a metre forward. Even if it was a legal pass, Edwards would have had to run the fastest 80m of his life!

You obviously did not see Edwards score 2 brilliant tries for UQ Premier colts on Sunday . if you did you would:
1)agree he would have run that 80mtrs;
2)wonder , like so many others ,how he missed Aussie Schools and missed final cut in ARU under 18 sevens.

GPSupporter

Bob McCowan (2)
Grammar lost to TSS by 17 and nudgee by 40+
Can someone explain how nudgee are going to get roasted by TSS and churchie?
Also I'm told terrace should've beaten churchie but there was a mishap with the scoreboard so how a churchie all of a sudden such a huge contender? (Even if there was no mishap the best team should not be two points off the second or third worst team) despite this I do think churchie have potential to win but I still feel they are behind nudgee, TSS and bbc

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Grammar lost to TSS by 17 and nudgee by 40+
Can someone explain how nudgee are going to get roasted by TSS and churchie?
Also I'm told terrace should've beaten churchie but there was a mishap with the scoreboard so how a churchie all of a sudden such a huge contender? (Even if there was no mishap the best team should not be two points off the second or third worst team) despite this I do think churchie have potential to win but I still feel they are behind nudgee, TSS and bbc

Correct you are GPSupporter, the best team should not be two points off a team contending for 8th place. I am not stating that the Churchie 1XV is my predicted top team, however, if you were to watch the Churchie v State High game you would understand that the ACGS 1XV have sincerely improved since R1, with the team showing far higher levels of continuity and better phase play since opposing Terrace a over a fortnight ago. Their defence despite losing the dominant Jaydn Su'a (#12) in the bin was overall pretty superb. Although that is the case, Churchie are yet to face an opponent with the potential to rattle the cage on what could become another premiership year. TGS this weekend will be an uphill battle..

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TSS are the favourites at this point, not Churchie.

That being said, I've got a gut feeling that Churchie will go all the way.

My Nudgee highlights video is online here. It's a private link, please don't share it around. I've not been given permission by DoubleTake, BGS or NC to upload a video of their children playing sport.

Here it is:

Those who watched TSS v GT, and Churchie v BSHS to a lesser extent, would have seen a backline who used their athletic ability and great skill to beat the defence.

Nudgee on the other hand only had two occasions where they created their own attack and scored.

The rest were just hands to the sidelines, relying on shitty defence not to stop them.

Not to mention a couple of absolute freebies - an intercept try, a charge down try and a kick return try to pad their stats.

There was very little creativity in Nudgee's attack, which you wouldn't expect in a 55-15 blowout.

If we discount the 21-points scored from freebies, and rule a forward pass on the first try, Nudgee go on the win this game by 13-points over the worst team in the competition.

If someone had taught BGS how to defend properly they would have won the game 14-7, kinda sorta maybe... Ugly to watch a team my team fuck it up this badly

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
TSS v GT
Overall a good result for TSS with a 56-15 win (10 tries to 2) after a more competitive first half in which they lead of 15-8.

The first half was highlighted by a lot of general play kicking by both sides (19-14 kicks for the match) and this disrupted any continuity for TSS. The kicking and penalties conceded by TSS kept GT in the match for the first half, even though there scrum started to fall away and come under pressure by the 20th min. The first try in about the 8th minute

Status
Not open for further replies.