• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I’ll have a very early crack at a GT Team. But expect it to change a bit as various boys put up their hands – equally if there are any new boys in grade 11 I haven’t heard about them.

Previous Firsts experience in Red, Year 11 underlined

1 Oliver Macklin /Harrison/Grace
2 Harry Birgin
3 Joshua Nasser
4 Harry Wilson
5 Ryan Gasman
6 Tom Kelly /Ed Paynter /Howard
7 Harry Webster
8 Jack Lutvey /Levi White/ Wrigley(??)
9 Sam Kirk
10 Isaac Lucas
11 Will Penning/ Oyelodi /Jordan Rodgers
12 James Hartland/ Ned Stevens/ Ford-Stevens
13 Bailey Ralston
14 Will Eddie
15 Jordan Rodgers/Hartland

Tweedy would definitely be in the mix for 6 but I doubt he plays.

I am sure GT would like more weight in the front row hence the options around Macklin

Options in 4 and 5 are limited but I am sure coaches would be happy with Wilson in 8 and Lutvey in 6.

Kelly is a solid player but the backrow as selected lacks punch both in attack and defense.

More attacking options out of 8 would be nice (Lutvey to 6)

11 seems open especially if Rodgers plays 15

12 and 13 is really open but I expect Hartland (if fit) will be there somewhere and expect a fit Ford-Stevens to offer some different options/looks in the mid field.

Anyway have at it.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Looks like an interesting year this year, with BBC and TSS the frontrunners. BBC with Ikatu (Aus Schools) and Simpson (Qld Schools) returning for another year of grade 12 should really bolster their team.

NC may be a bit off the mark this year with the majority of their 2015 team leaving school and superstars like Reece hewat and Gaving Luka moving on. I think 2017 might be the year for Nudgee's 41st premiership.

GT are definitely the darkhorses this year with (I think) 6 or 7 players from last years side back, plus a good 16s and 15s age group last year. They will really challenge this year with guys like Lucas, Nasser and Eadie returning. They must all be frontrunners for Qld jerseys.

Was down at TSS gym yesterday.
My discussions indicate that most at TSS agree with this summary except that:
1) BBC will have young,smaller 6,7 & 8. If their 4 or 5 get injured they lack depth. But they will have a shit hot backline.;
2) NC will be better than expected;
3) TGS will be darkhorses.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I’ll have a very early crack at a GT Team. But expect it to change a bit as various boys put up their hands – equally if there are any new boys in grade 11 I haven’t heard about them.

Previous Firsts experience in Red, Year 11 underlined

1 Oliver Macklin /Harrison/Grace
2 Harry Birgin
3 Joshua Nasser
4 Harry Wilson
5 Ryan Gasman
6 Tom Kelly /Ed Paynter /Howard
7 Harry Webster
8 Jack Lutvey /Levi White/ Wrigley(??)
9 Sam Kirk
10 Isaac Lucas
13 Bailey Ralston
14 Will Eddie
15 Jordan Rodgers/Hartland

Tweedy would definitely be in the mix for 6 but I doubt he plays.

I am sure GT would like more weight in the front row hence the options around Macklin

Options in 4 and 5 are limited but I am sure coaches would be happy with Wilson in 8 and Lutvey in 6.

Kelly is a solid player but the backrow as selected lacks punch both in attack and defense.

More attacking options out of 8 would be nice (Lutvey to 6)

11 seems open especially if Rodgers plays 15

12 and 13 is really open but I expect Hartland (if fit) will be there somewhere and expect a fit Ford-Stevens to offer some different options/looks in the mid field.

Anyway have at it.

Nasser may be a loose head option if the big u16 boy starting in yr10 can measure up as a tight head. There is also Keefer who played prop last year for about four games when Birgan was injured.

Howard would be preferred at 6 to Kelly for the exact reasons that you say Kelly may not measure up in that position.

I thought Ned Stevens played flyhalf last year when Lucas was out. So think he may have inside run at in centre.

You could also have Byron Ralston put pressure on his older brother Bailey for Out Centre.

A back three of Rodgers, Eadie and Hartland would be exciting.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Was down at TSS gym yesterday.
My discussions indicate that most at TSS agree with this summary except that:
1) BBC will have young,smaller 6,7 & 8. If their 4 or 5 get injured they lack depth. But they will have a shit hot backline.;
2) NC will be better than expected;
3) TGS will be darkhorses.[/quote]

And while no one at the school will admit it in public-TSS does fancy their chances this year-especially playing BBC and ACGS at home.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
13 Bailey Ralston

How may of these boys are the RL boys that came in last year or this year.From Cav Rd High wasnt it>?

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Nasser may be a loose head option if the big u16 boy starting in yr10 can measure up as a tight head. There is also Keefer who played prop last year for about four games when Birgan was injured.

Howard would be preferred at 6 to Kelly for the exact reasons that you say Kelly may not measure up in that position.

I thought Ned Stevens played flyhalf last year when Lucas was out. So think he may have inside run at in centre.

You could also have Byron Ralston put pressure on his older brother Bailey for Out Centre.

Ned Stevens is a pretty handy footballer who can also cover fullback, think Hartland may lack the size and physicality needed for 12 at this level probably lacks the pace of Rogers for fullback.
Oyelodi will claim #11 thought he was the pick of the 2015 15s and the boy Grace has really come on he must be in contention for #1
I would like to see Wilson in the backrow at 8

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
So how does this sound for a Nudgee First XV prediction, 23 odd weeks away from Week 1.

1. Phransis Sula-Siaosi
2. ?
3. Thomas Forde
4. Josh Dalle Cort
5. Mitch Wood
6. Tom Jeffries
7. Alex Colvin
8. Joseph Small
9. Tom Blackmore
10. Augustus Rangihuna
11. TJ Meni
12. Semisi Tupou
13. Xavier Soli
14. Ryan Shepherd
15. Willie Malala

Good returning experience, plenty of rep players..

I wonder if Tom Jeffries turns out like Sam (absolute animal) or like Nick (just fits in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many options here
Naawi will be at 11 he is just too quick to leave out.
Tupou to Fullback, Malala to 13, Soli to 12
Roma should be #9

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
I think if Colvin plays in this team it will now be in Front Row.

Jeffries is not a loose forward. Will be in the top two tallest in the comp if he plays (his rowing ambitions may get in way this year - it is why he is doing yr12 over two years I heard). Probably Wood to play at No6.

Looks like TauTau will find it difficult to get in.

I thought Blackmore was a winger. Will McKee have a shot at half or flyhalf?

Thanks for getting actual team discussions going King

Tautau makes it if you move Colvin to hooker, and Small to 7 - in my opinion his best position

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

Pretty sure it wasn't Stevens he missed a lot of games last year - from memory it was Joe Eckersley that filled in Lucus.

From what I saw last season Ford Stevens offers a lot more options than Byron, IMO he has a lot work winning a position of Hartland, his brother and HFS - having said that I am taking HFS on potential and a couple of very promising performances early in the season - he equally may never make the grade.

As for Howard I am concerned his rowing will see him too lean to have the sort of impact needed to take that spot this year he is no longer a man among boys- my smokey is Levi White in 8 if has the same improvement this season as last season he could be just what the doctor ordered

This would be my preference at this stage with HFS in 12 Hartland in 15 for mine I am concerned by Rodgers size and dense for 15.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
if the big u16 boy starting in yr10 can measure up as a tight head.

If that is who I think you are referring to (brother in year 7) he is U15 not U16 and has not had a lot of propping experience - one year early for mine - if it is another boy ill need to do some homework.

Keefer doesn't really offer anything over Macklin IMO. Macklin is the better footballer.

BAG

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Tautau makes it if you move Colvin to hooker, and Small to 7 - in my opinion his best position

I know TauTau's size/strength is no longer 'off the charts' but I would be surprised if he doesn't feature somewhere - certainly has more to offer than Colvin in the back row this season IMO .

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
If that is who I think you are referring to (brother in year 7) he is U15 not U16 and has not had a lot of propping experience - one year early for mine - if it is another boy ill need to do some homework.

Keefer doesn't really offer anything over Macklin IMO. Macklin is the better footballer.

BAG

I believe its another boy in year 10 from league/Sunnybank is actually U16, played for Logan JGC 2015

Michalak

Bob McCowan (2)
So a BGS team so far I've heard may look like this (using TK's information too)

1. Emile Tuimavave (new boy, qld 15s)
2. Mitch Straker (2015 1st XV)/ Max Eiszele (injured all of 2015, apparently was meant to start)
3. Harry Masselos (played a couple of 1st games in 2015)/ Max Eiszele
4. Joe Baboolal (2014/2015 First XV)
5. Johnny Shaw (played 1sts in 2015 until injured)
6. Ollie Shepherd (qld 15s)
7. Fraser McReight (2014/2015 First XV)
8. Hugh Arthur (Was new in 2015 but injured all season)
9. Nick Whipp/George Harness
10. Paddy Hogan (2015 First XV)
11. Andy Traves?? i think he played 1 game in 2015 and i remember TK saying he wasn't overly impressive
12. Thomas Gilbert (Qld 15s league+union)
13. ??
14. Josh Baker (2015 First XV)
15. Zach Allen (new in 2015 but injured all season)

BGS won't be challenging for the premiership but I don't think we will see them wooden spooners. Could cause a few headaches for some of the more fancied teams.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)

2. Mitch Straker (2015 1st XV)/ Max Eiszele (injured all of 2015, apparently was meant to start)
11. Andy Traves?? i think he played 1 game in 2015 and i remember TK saying he wasn't overly impressive
13. ??

BGS won't be challenging for the premiership but I don't think we will see them wooden spooners. Could cause a few headaches for some of the more fancied teams.

Some quality footballers here.
9 & 10 should form strong halves although Hogan played most of last season at Fullback.
Not sure who the 13 will be but Gilbert has class as do Shepherd and McReight. Enough talent here to beat anyone on their day

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)

13. ??

BGS have a nice headache with Max Eiszele coming back from injury in 2015 (front row option). BGS desperately need "a" Michael Wolstenholme to play 13 - no one seems to be lined up in that position yet and that's a worry. Strong forward pack otherwise.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Logan U15 - 2015 JGC

Wouldn't that make him U15 if he is playing Under 15 Gold Cup 2015-2016???

Apologies he was in the 2014-15 Logan squad and they spelt his name wrong - I expect he will be in the mix a some point but suspect this will all be mute in Mackiln has put an some extra bulk this off season.

I agree with you that Grace looked good in his move up front last season, but there is a big jump from looking strong in 15s in your first year as a prop to anchoring a First 15 Scrum - would love to see him do it though.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
So many options here
Naawi will be at 11 he is just too quick to leave out.
Tupou to Fullback, Malala to 13, Soli to 12
Roma should be #9
Roma, if he lays of the burgers and gets his head right. Great talent, remember watching him in the u13 and 14s, a real stand out. Just has to find the motivation. Jackson Matchett has the goods for 9, traditional halfback and can't shut up. I like HB's that talk the talk and hides behind the forwards. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.