• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
If what I am hearing is correct-reputations mean nothing up at BBC at the moment.Some big -name rep players from 2015 are in the dog -house.
Could they be creating a culture-surely not.!

But then again (glass houses) the same could be be said about TSS up until 2002(thank god for centenary years & old boy egos)
BBC I believe is creating a culture a lot different to the last 2 years where if you considered yourself too good to worry about turning up for morning training because you hate to train then or slept in it was seen by the rest of the boys to not matter if you were a rep player.If this is a so called" dog house" so be it!BBC talked about consistency before but now they are doing it.
The head coach doesn't give much feedback to the boys but what he says he has shown he means business.
So not turning up to training without something from a Doc means being dropped.
So learn from it and start a new reputation for hard work and consistency start getting ready for the big wide world out there.
Previously this did not happen people did not follow through.

rugbysthewinner

Peter Burge (5)
GT has also a new boy. His name escapes me but he is from the Southside. Plays prop. Weighs in close to a 130kg. He has joined the school and is repeating year 10. MY understanding he will feature in the FIrsts this year but no mention of him on this thread?

The word is that his fitness will hold him back. From what I hear he will only play 16A's, and even then his fitness is being questioned. I also understand there are 3 or 4 coming back from injury in the 15A's. They also have a NZ tour coming up.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
The word is that his fitness will hold him back. From what I hear he will only play 16A's, and even then his fitness is being questioned. I also understand there are 3 or 4 coming back from injury in the 15A's. They also have a NZ tour coming up.

How do you guys know this detail? Hell my boys go to BSHS and I can barely get anything out of them or the school on what's going on around the school rugby wise. Or is it that GT love to talk more than any other school?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
How do you guys know this detail? Hell my boys go to BSHS and I can barely get anything out of them or the school on what's going on around the school rugby wise. Or is it that GT love to talk more than any other school?
Don't ever expect to get any more than "Good, Alright, Fine and Ok" from your boys, trust me I've been through it at school and it continues after school too. Rugby is discussed on his terms and only when he feels comfortable enough and then only a couple of sentences. I guess just like this forum networking and little bits here and there around the field.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
How do you guys know Or is it that GT love to talk more than any other school?

Yes GT do talk more. Also I see from this thread that they are the only ones to refer to boys by name and analyse there strengths & weaknesses-see the discussion on the poor boy who lost weight by rowing.
Come on-they are schoolboys .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^ yep.

Some posts deleted. Yellow cards issued.

Newbies are encouraged to read the forum rules.

Failure to do say may result in a very brief stay in Gaggerland.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't ever expect to get any more than "Good, Alright, Fine and Ok" from your boys, trust me I've been through it at school and it continues after school too. Rugby is discussed on his terms and only when he feels comfortable enough and then only a couple of sentences. I guess just like this forum networking and little bits here and there around the field.

Try this:

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)

Yeah I know... I guess I meant if I asked them about a new player at the school there is no way I'd get an answer that involved how fit he is, his weight, and that he's not going to play Firsts... I'd more likely get something like "Yeah he's the new kid." and that's all. Which led to me asking about how they hell folks on this forum know so much!

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
?.......... Which led to me asking about how they hell folks on this forum know so much!

For we are all seeing.......

image.jpg

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think there's been more than a little guesswork going on!! But hey even if it's complete nonsense it breaks up a boring day! Can't wait to GPS week 1 to see who's really the side to beat!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Why wait to week 1. Everyone can get a sneak peak at TSS on the 21st May for the GPS trials, should be a good day.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will definitely enjoy the trials and see which players/sides look strong but the first GPS match that counts adds that extra pressure and furore!

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
My nephews at BBC tell me there a regular visits by Totai Kefu at open squad training.So he must have a gig.I must say I was sorry to see Drahm go - and that is a pretty good coaching line up BBC is putting together. They seem to be staying under the radar and very quiet this year.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Their not flying under the radar on this thread....i think only GT get more coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.