• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Never at any stage did I say that the kids in those teams don't play rugby for

"enjoyment, to learn about teamwork and leadership, to gain life long skills and friendships, to stay fit and attain good habits for the future, and for some to go on a rugby development pathway."

Of course they do. But they obviously also play to win. I was simply stating that most people, parents, players etc know where they are coming on the ladder.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Tomorrow's TSS v BBC match should end up being 1 of 3 Premiership defining games of the season.

The others being :

State High v BBC ( Round 6 @ BSHS )

and

State High v TSS ( Round 9 @ BSHS )

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
@ On the Side

Noble effort old chum but TGS 14A's are about to be harshly smoked like an old unfiltered packet of Camels.

162064311867_1.jpg

I am calling 40 points here to State High's Sevente....I mean 14A's. Not hatin on the hayseeds.....I'm a fan as a matter of fact and think they have a real shot to be a very good team as they come through and hit opens in another couple of years

And Terrace 13A's and 14A's won't get close either . 20 to 24 point diff in the 13's and a 15 to 20 point difference in the 14's

Maybe not a harsh smoking ..........sort of like a Barclays Light , but a smoking nonetheless

19973125.jpg

Grammar 15A's to take Churchie 15A's down too. They have the makings of a good team . Great pick ups at 3 and 13 in the offseason. But fair call on depth at Grammar - they are doing good things at steeling up at the top end of their age groups however

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
#3 for BGS 15A's is a good player - but he was no buy over the off season. He's been at the school since Year 8. #13, however, is new to the school.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
TSS V BBC

BBC lose the 1st XVbut win the day showing better depth of talent and coaching in the younger years. Clean sweeping the 14’s and 13’s. TSS Thirds are impressive, should be the seconds.

I know that TSS have excellent coaches at the 13's and 14's level. They just don't have the guns that BBC and other front running schools have at this age group. TSS will obviously look to bolster in the years to come. The question for the future will be; will the talent in the traditional recruitment ranks of the Northern NSW and GC league comps have what it takes to compete against what the other non-traditional recruiting schools have already secured?

Time will tell.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Just wondering if it is common for 1st XV's to travel to Southport and go into camp overnight.
Today at TSS is BBC club day with seniors being at the fields by 9am to support all of the school.
Already noted by a lot of the boys that the 1st XV's are still not here at nearly 11.30.
Where are they?

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
Today at TSS is BBC club day with seniors being at the fields by 9am to support all of the school.
Already noted by a lot of the boys that the 1st XV's are still not here at nearly 11.30.
Where are they?
9b4cf89fdc8402123ebda8900f73819a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
@ On the Side

Noble effort old chum but TGS 14A's are about to be harshly smoked like an old unfiltered packet of Camels.

162064311867_1.jpg

I am calling 40 points here to State High's Sevente..I mean 14A's. Not hatin on the hayseeds...I'm a fan as a matter of fact and think they have a real shot to be a very good team as they come through and hit opens in another couple of years

And Terrace 13A's and 14A's won't get close either . 20 to 24 point diff in the 13's and a 15 to 20 point difference in the 14's

Maybe not a harsh smoking ....sort of like a Barclays Light , but a smoking nonetheless

19973125.jpg

Grammar 15A's to take Churchie 15A's down too. They have the makings of a good team . Great pick ups at 3 and 13 in the offseason. But fair call on depth at Grammar - they are doing good things at steeling up at the top end of their age groups however

I'm told GT had a deserved win stolen from them in the 14s against IGS leading for the whole match losing in the last play. I saw them in round 1 and I thought they were good especially the backs.

I'm also told TGS have drawn 17 all against BSHS also in the 14s ... Should have beaten them too!

I think you've been smoked mate!

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm told GT had a deserved win stolen from them in the 14s against IGS leading for the whole match losing in the last play. I saw them in round 1 and I thought they were good especially the backs.

I'm also told TGS have drawn 17 all against BSHS also in the 14s . Should have beaten them too!

I think you've been smoked mate!
GT 27-12

Status
Not open for further replies.