• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Massive day down here at TSS for old boys day. Took me hours to find a park .
BBC took a clean sweep for under 12 to under 15 . Some big blowouts in lower grades.
TSS took a clean sweep of under 16 and open.
In first xv BBC outscored TSS 3 tries to 2 but TSS kicker was 4 out 4 including 1 from halfway into the wind.
Brilliant game of rugby , could have gone either way.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
had a peek at the 15A match today after reading all the posts about this brilliant BBC backline . yes they won but only seemed to do what they had to .
40 point turnaround from last years 14 A match .
I agree that rest the comp has caught them or they had players out .

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm told GT had a deserved win stolen from them in the 14s against IGS leading for the whole match losing in the last play. I saw them in round 1 and I thought they were good especially the backs.

I'm also told TGS have drawn 17 all against BSHS also in the 14s . Should have beaten them too!

I think you've been smoked mate!

Haha

Yep . That's fair

But ....I will say that the State High 14A's were missing their starting backline . Only 9 and 10 were regulars if everyone was available . Their 10 left the game half way through the 2nd half with a nasty injury. All of this made a big difference

But take nothing away from the TGS lads. They were committed and played the ball on the ground exceptionally well.

It looks like they have themselves a new 13 to who is absolutely gas. Very much like the Brisbane Grammar 15A 13. Their #6 was top shelf as well. Defense + strong on ball ground. I think their 10 is the best 10 in the age group .

They are on their way to being a bloody good team

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Massive day down here at TSS for old boys day. Took me hours to find a park .
BBC took a clean sweep for under 12 to under 15 . Some big blowouts in lower grades.
TSS took a clean sweep of under 16 and open.
In first xv BBC outscored TSS 3 tries to 2 but TSS kicker was 4 out 4 including 1 from halfway into the wind.
Brilliant game of rugby , could have gone either way.

You are forgetting the 16D's to BBC Jacko

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Not that it matters but that last conversion from TSS was definitely half a yard out to the right. Touchies were looking straight into the sun and got it wrong

Had BBC converted their last try with a few minutes remaining it would have been interesting

But congrats to TSS . Well played.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Haha

Yep . That's fair

But ..I will say that the State High 14A's were missing their starting backline . Only 9 and 10 were regulars if everyone was available . Their 10 left the game half way through the 2nd half with a nasty injury. All of this made a big difference

But take nothing away from the TGS lads. They were committed and played the ball on the ground exceptionally well.

It looks like they have themselves a new 13 to who is absolutely gas. Very much like the Brisbane Grammar 15A 13. Their #6 was top shelf as well. Defense + strong on ball ground. I think their 10 is the best 10 in the age group .

They are on their way to being a bloody good team

Apparently whenever a strong grade team loses or comes close there are excuses. IGS were missing only their 13 and 8 I'm told. GT apparently had their 13 go off early too and lost 3 other players during the game ... Alls fair in rugby. Considering it was a turn around from a 49-0 loss last year I don't think it's worth making excuses.

For TGS same story. The turn around from last year is massive. The real story here is how BSHS and IGS have lost their absolute crushing dominance in just one year.

For my boy in the 15s, we lost one game last year and drew one ... So far this year we haven't scored a point. Mostly the same team too... The swings in GPS lower grades are getting a bit dramatic.

Headgear

Bob McCowan (2)
Have it on good authority that IGS u14's A side was without their 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 6, and 3. GT were very good today and should be proud of their effort. The IGS B players who played up today should also be proud of their efforts, matching such a strong GT side.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v BBC today:

Flickr or Facebook

28363231120_c60a3b24e0_c_d.jpg

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Have it on good authority that IGS u14's A side was without their 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 6, and 3. GT were very good today and should be proud of their effort. The IGS B players who played up today should also be proud of their efforts also, matching such a strong GT side.

It's funny because that's the third version of who was missing from IGS I've heard. Talking to a guy from the club the IGS boys play for and he says there's no way they were missing that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.