• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yep. Ok . I guess the question as to why GPS Schools Rugby is facing breakage and ruination inside 3 years doesn't want to be answered . I guess attention has to be directed elsewhere in a personalisation attempt. Good one.

So anyway ......there has been a bit of chat about Terrace and Nudgee and others here and there , but , things seem a bit silent out East Brisbane way

Any news on how Churchie's season is shaping up ?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Also for TSS fans ....what of last year's 15A's ?

How many of those lads were from the 2016 JGC Team ?

Many from that 15A school team figuring to be in firsts contention this year ?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
To add bit more dribble. The Nudgee back row is going to be pretty outrageous this year. Small, Bulimore, Wood, Tuatua, Mosley, Some new bloke who looks pretty handy and one or two that I've missed.....If they can find a good front row to go with Forde and Phransis, that's a good forward pack. Good to see Wood back and playing well towards the end of season last year after his injury, would of been good to see him get more 1st XV game time, but I think the coaches might of held him back in the age groups to build his confidence back, which judging from footage that I found of Wood in the U16's might have worked.

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Word out of Churchie is that they have been training for a while with a mixed squad including a number of last years U15A's that did not win a game. The starting pack will be solid with most having played some 1st 15 last season. Stanghorn will lead them from the centres. The halves and fullback will likely be the weak points. A 10 that was recruited reportedly lasted 3 days. Injuries will really test the depth the same as all schools.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Forgive me if I am asking a question with an obvious answer.

How is the GPS rugby draw calculated each year? The last round of the previous season becomes the first round of the new season? Thanks in advance.

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
Forgive me if I am asking a question with an obvious answer.

How is the GPS rugby draw calculated each year? The last round of the previous season becomes the first round of the new season? Thanks in advance.

Yep pretty sure that's correct

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Ratu Niumataiwalu (IGS 2016) will make his Reds U20s debut this weekend.

Good on him, a kid who I feel wasn't as talked about as he should have been.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Usually rugby.com or at the brumbies u20's website. If not go to the Georgia u20 forum on g&g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBC teammates 20 14/15 Ikatu and Ngamanu now opposing each other will be interesting .i hear mr Ikatu has really bulked up .
I expect Jaydn N to be vc of aussie under 20'

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
BBC teammates 20 14/15 Ikatu and Ngamanu now opposing each other will be interesting .i hear mr Ikatu has really bulked up .
I expect Jaydn N to be vc of aussie under 20'

The way he played today you may well be right. That Reds under 20 backline is sensational. 10,11and 15 were the pick.
Do they have a player of the tournament ? Has to be reds 10.
Looked like a GPS 2015 re union out there .

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
The way he played today you may well be right. That Reds under 20 backline is sensational. 10,11and 15 were the pick.
Do they have a player of the tournament ? Has to be reds 10.
Looked like a GPS 2015 re union out there .

Reds 10 Hamish Stewart ( TGS 2014) was man of match but I agree - that 11 ( Sam Edwards BBC 2014) with 3 tries was right up there.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Reds 10 Hamish Stewart ( TGS 2014) was man of match but I agree - that 11 ( Sam Edwards BBC 2014) with 3 tries was right up there.

Agree, as far as forwards were concerned the 6 was outstanding. Enormous work rate.

A very enjoyable game.. It was a breath of fresh air in an environment where broader news is happy to talk about the slow disintegration of Australian rugby. I came away from the game feeling enthused about some of the talent we producing. With a only small crowd in attendance I am convinced this level is where we need to invest our energy and capital. Those boys played for the love of rugby, they played for their jersey's and their families, and for the opportunity of further career progression. Well done to them for winning the final.
All set on the nostalgic theatre of Ballymore certainly left me pining for the past.

PS - can we get Backyard Blitz or the Block or one of those shows to give Ballymore a make over. Couple of licks of paint would not go astray nor break the budget. Field looked very good however.

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
Great to see a couple of Regional Queensland boys getting a bit to press this week. Mack Mason and Hamish Steward, while they are by no means the first to blaze a trail into the big time from regional areas hopefully it will make the powers to be take a bit more notice of whats out there, beyond Brisbane and Sydney, rugby and the talent does not just centre around those two towns.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Still early days for the season proper. Some schools on tours and camps right now and it is a long way before school teams are finalised.

Unfortunately, the way the rugby calendar is set up at the moment (which is probably a discussion for another thread) the GPS Rep teams and then the Queensland Rep teams are picked before the GPS Schools play a competition game.
So here is my crack at the GPS 1 team to start discussions. The first round of selection trials are next month.
  1. Emile Tuimavave (BGS) / Halatoa Puafisi (TGS)
  2. Eugene Koorts (IGS)
  3. Moses Alo-Emile (BSHS)
  4. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
  5. Harry Wilson (GT)
  6. Thomas Van Der Schyff (TSS)
  7. Cam Howard (GT)
  8. Joe Small (NC)
  9. Phoenix Hunt (NC)
  10. Campbell Parata (TSS) / Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
  11. Isaiah Naawi (NC)
  12. Xavier Soli (NC)
  13. Tristan Stanghorn (ACGS)
  14. Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
  15. Byron Ralston (GT)
There is stunning depth in the outside backs and there are many others in that area that will challenge selections. I tried to keep most guys in position around the park. Seems to me it could be a larger tight five than recent years.

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Still early days for the season proper. Some schools on tours and camps right now and it is a long way before school teams are finalised.

Unfortunately, the way the rugby calendar is set up at the moment (which is probably a discussion for another thread) the GPS Rep teams and then the Queensland Rep teams are picked before the GPS Schools play a competition game.
So here is my crack at the GPS 1 team to start discussions. The first round of selection trials are next month.
  1. Emile Tuimavave (BGS) / Halatoa Puafisi (TGS)
  2. Eugene Koorts (IGS)
  3. Moses Alo-Emile (BSHS)
  4. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
  5. Harry Wilson (GT)
  6. Thomas Van Der Schyff (TSS)
  7. Cam Howard (GT)
  8. Joe Small (NC)
  9. Phoenix Hunt (NC)
  10. Campbell Parata (TSS) / Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
  11. Isaiah Naawi (NC)
  12. Xavier Soli (NC)
  13. Tristan Stanghorn (ACGS)
  14. Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
  15. Byron Ralston (GT)
There is stunning depth in the outside backs and there are many others in that area that will challenge selections. I tried to keep most guys in position around the park. Seems to me it could be a larger tight five than recent years.

I think you have left out Tom Gilbert, he will definitely be in the GPS 1 team

Status
Not open for further replies.