• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I say the biggest surprise packet is BBC. A positive outlook at the start of the season cruelled by injuries..............

Hold on..........wait, what?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
No, seriously. The biggest surprise packet for moi is the bottom four teams all on the same points after 8 rounds and BGS isn't in the mix! Well done BGS and yes, GT program needs the work.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
That's a relief GO , was worried the Beef & Burgundy Pies might not have been up to scratch :).

Sure there are boys at the school on "deals", but they do not dump a whole lot into years 10&11. If you have a look at the last 3-4 years, I'm pretty sure the 4 or 5 Aussie Schools reps from GT have not been on said "deals", nor have the majority of the Qld reps. They seem to be able to develop or attract good rugby players without having to open the cheque book, something in their program must be working.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Fair enough Nomad

I have just been a bit underwhelmed by the 13's and 15's and the 14's haven't really lived up to the chat

Nudgee , by way of comparison , do a helluva good job in getting the most out not only their top line talent - but their depth too

There are a few strong players in the 16's....so Terrace probably figure to have a competitive Firsts next year but after that it's a bit thin

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
For the tipsters -of the 5 out from BBC last week -only the 7 is back.'
8 (captain),9,13,14and 15 are still out.And 1st choice 12 never played a match.Can't see how their backs can match GT.-might have a chance if forwards dominate like last week.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)

He's arrived from Melbourne, with no relation to "the" Hunt family.
  1. Herman Hunt (Nudgee College 2000 -> Queensland Reds 07/08)
  2. Junior Hunt (St Francis College 2001 -> QLD U20s MVP 2001)
  3. Nicky Hunt (Nudgee College 2002 -> Aus Sevens 2017/18)
  4. Karmichael Hunt (Churchie 2003 -> Reds 2015-2018)
  5. Stefano Hunt (Nudgee College 2007 -> Western Force 2008)
  6. Nigel Hunt (Nudgee College 2007 First XV)
  7. Hymel Hunt (Nudgee College 2010 -> Rabbitohs 2017)
  8. Stephen Hunt (Nudgee College 2010 -> Gallopers Prem Grade 2017)
  9. Craig Hunt (Nudgee College 2011 -> Norths Prem Grade)
  10. Tony Hunt (Nudgee College 2015 -> Reds U20s
  11. Phillip Hunt (St Pats 2015 - AIC 1 2015)
Not a Hunt by name but by family is Kirisome Auva'a (IGS 2009) who I believe currently plays for the Eels. He's moved around a bit in recent years.
I also have a feeling that the Meni brothers, Kalala (NC 2015) and TJ (NC 2016), are members of the Hunt extended family

Let's just settle down a bit here "The King".

Firstly Nicky Hunt who finished in 02' (making him 33) has not just signed with Australian 7s. That is in fact Nicky Price who finished at Nudgee in 2008.

Nigel Hunt was in grade 9 in 2007 and only ever managed to play 4ths in grade 12.

Craig Hunt is indigenous and not related to the others.

A Hunt last name at Nudgee is about as common as Smith.

On top of this. Kirisome Auva'a's family is from the same village as Hymel, Ian and Hermans grandparents. Not related and more are the Meni's

LETS keep this forum honest please

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair enough Nomad

I have just been a bit underwhelmed by the 13's and 15's and the 14's haven't really lived up to the chat

Nudgee , by way of comparison , do a helluva good job in getting the most out not only their top line talent - but their depth too

There are a few strong players in the 16's..so Terrace probably figure to have a competitive Firsts next year but after that it's a bit thin
Couldn't agree more with you , NC set the bench mark with regards to coaching and getting the most out of the talent they have . Not by chance that they have double the number of premierships than the next closest.
The U15a's of last year are a perfect example, were not the best team across the park , but definitely the best coached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
That's a relief GO , was worried the Beef & Burgundy Pies might not have been up to scratch :).

Sure there are boys at the school on "deals", but they do not dump a whole lot into years 10&11. If you have a look at the last 3-4 years, I'm pretty sure the 4 or 5 Aussie Schools reps from GT have not been on said "deals", nor have the majority of the Qld reps. They seem to be able to develop or attract good rugby players without having to open the cheque book, something in their program must be working.

Yes well we all know how well this years big buy up went for TGS

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes well we all know how well this years big buy up went for TGS
Don't count your chickens before they are shipped out of Wellcamp

The proof in the boarding house pudding will be next year's 16's

Maybe TGS can have their cake and eat it too

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
He's arrived from Melbourne, with no relation to "the" Hunt family.
  1. Herman Hunt (Nudgee College 2000 -> Queensland Reds 07/08)
  2. Junior Hunt (St Francis College 2001 -> QLD U20s MVP 2001)
  3. Nicky Hunt (Nudgee College 2002 -> Aus Sevens 2017/18)
  4. Karmichael Hunt (Churchie 2003 -> Reds 2015-2018)
  5. Stefano Hunt (Nudgee College 2007 -> Western Force 2008)
  6. Nigel Hunt (Nudgee College 2007 First XV)
  7. Hymel Hunt (Nudgee College 2010 -> Rabbitohs 2017)
  8. Stephen Hunt (Nudgee College 2010 -> Gallopers Prem Grade 2017)
  9. Craig Hunt (Nudgee College 2011 -> Norths Prem Grade)
  10. Tony Hunt (Nudgee College 2015 -> Reds U20s
  11. Phillip Hunt (St Pats 2015 - AIC 1 2015)
Not a Hunt by name but by family is Kirisome Auva'a (IGS 2009) who I believe currently plays for the Eels. He's moved around a bit in recent years.

I also have a feeling that the Meni brothers, Kalala (NC 2015) and TJ (NC 2016), are members of the Hunt extended family

Question for The King -
I think I read somewhere that #10 for TSS, Campbell Parata is a product of WA Junior Rugby. Is that correct and how many other GPS First XV players may have been recruited from WA? If they are capable of producing kids as good as this it is doubly concerning the shutting down of the Western Force.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Question for The King -
I think I read somewhere that #10 for TSS, Campbell Parata is a product of WA Junior Rugby. Is that correct and how many other GPS First XV players may have been recruited from WA? If they are capable of producing kids as good as this it is doubly concerning the shutting down of the Western Force.

Yes he did. Same school as current BBC Captain and that boy's older brother who made Aussie schools 2015/ Aussie 20s this year and now a Reds contract.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
When you consider how well WA have gone at JGC level over the last few years it is tragic when you consider the bigger picture of Rugby and pathways in WA and what has happened to the Force.

I suspect over the next few years you'll find more boys from WA ending up at boarding schools in Brisbane and Sydney

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Let's just settle down a bit here "The King".

Firstly Nicky Hunt who finished in 02' (making him 33) has not just signed with Australian 7s. That is in fact Nicky Price who finished at Nudgee in 2008

Yep, my mistake - wrong Nudgee Nicky!

Nigel Hunt was in grade 9 in 2007 and only ever managed to play 4ths in grade 12.

If Nigel is the same Nigel Hunt who passed away this year, he listed his graduating year as 2007 on his Facebook.

On top of this. Kirisome Auva'a's family is from the same village as Hymel, Ian and Hermans grandparents. Not related and more are the Meni's

LETS keep this forum honest please

Hymel and Kirisome are cousins, as reported in the Australian in March last year. I made the assumption that it was on the Hunt side because that made sense to me.

I'm not loving the implication that I've been deliberately dishonest or that I need to settle down. I listed all the Hunts who have gone through Nudgee I could, going further to try dig up their graduating years and where they ended up. It's not an easy thing to do and I apologise if there are some errors.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Question for The King -
I think I read somewhere that #10 for TSS, Campbell Parata is a product of WA Junior Rugby. Is that correct and how many other GPS First XV players may have been recruited from WA?

Here's an easy list. I'll keep updating as I find more

1. Aran Speldewinde (NC 2013)
2. Jean-Charl Smith (NC 2014)
3. Tiaontin Raoren (BBC 2015)
4. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC 2015)
5. Tony Raoren (BBC 2016)
6. Cullen Ngamanu (BBC 2017)
7. Solomon Stone (BBC 2017)
8. Xavier Vela-Tupuhi (BBC 2017)
9. Waiwai Raoren (BBC 2018)
10. Campbell Parata (TSS 2018)
11. Reesjan Pasitoa (NC 2019)
12. Oryaan Kalolo (BBC 2019) future First XV player*
13. Kaleb Ngamanu (TSS 2020) future First XV player*

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

2. Tiaontin Raoren (BBC 2015)
3. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC 2015)
4. Tony Raoren (BBC 2016)
5. Cullen Ngamanu (BBC 2017)
6. Solomon Stone (BBC 2017)
7. Xavier Vela-Tupuhi (BBC 2017)
8. Waiwai Raoren (BBC 2018)
9. Campbell Parata (TSS 2018)
10. Reesjan Pasitoa (NC 2019)
11. Oryaan Kalolo (BBC 2019) future First XV player*
12. Kaleb Ngamanu (TSS 2020) future First XV player*

Good list King. I thought the youngest of the Raoren's was Tetuai?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yep, my mistake - wrong Nudgee Nicky!

If Nigel is the same Nigel Hunt who passed away this year, he listed his graduating year as 2007 on his Facebook.

Hymel and Kirisome are cousins, as reported in the Australian in March last year. I made the assumption that it was on the Hunt side because that made sense to me.

I'm not loving the implication that I've been deliberately dishonest or that I need to settle down. I listed all the Hunts who have gone through Nudgee I could, going further to try dig up their graduating years and where they ended up. It's not an easy thing to do and I apologise if there are some errors.
The King shall remain unsullied

Long live The King !

PS : You still missed Mike

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)

2. Jean-Charl Smith (NC 2014)
3. Tiaontin Raoren (BBC 2015)
4. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC 2015)
5. Tony Raoren (BBC 2016)
6. Cullen Ngamanu (BBC 2017)
7. Solomon Stone (BBC 2017)
8. Xavier Vela-Tupuhi (BBC 2017)
9. Waiwai Raoren (BBC 2018)
10. Campbell Parata (TSS 2018)
11. Reesjan Pasitoa (NC 2019)
12. Oryaan Kalolo (BBC 2019) future First XV player*
13. Kaleb Ngamanu (TSS 2020) future First XV player*
How many from the Melbourne Rebels nursery do you think? .....and tell us all again why the Force are the team to go, at the very least they are developing a genuine rugby culture and footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.