• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
I think the issue at terrace ,is the parents of a few of the boys didn't like the harsh truths behind T.B coaching ,which is,put in the work and work hard for each other,just because little Johnny has been in the As all the way through ,doesn't warrant automatic selection in the first XV,All the big schools have already been training before xmas,Terrace don't even look like starting anytime soon,Terrace V Brisbane Boys Grammar for the spoon.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If they get a good coach and all the players buy into the team goal I think they'll surprise a few.

Dancer

Frank Row (1)
I think the issue at terrace ,is the parents of a few of the boys didn't like the harsh truths behind T.B coaching ,which is,put in the work and work hard for each other,just because little Johnny has been in the As all the way through ,doesn't warrant automatic selection in the first XV,All the big schools have already been training before xmas,Terrace don't even look like starting anytime soon,Terrace V Brisbane Boys Grammar for the spoon.

O 10 TBs ability to communicate with a bunch of kids 50 years his junior was almost non existent. He is a man with a very large amount of Rugby knowledge but what good is it if you cannot get it across in a meaningful way that the boys enjoy the game they play.

P

Patriot

A lot of players not turning up to meetings and compulsory gym and field sessions, having that behaviour supported by the administration is not good for the culture of the program.You reap what you sow.

P

Patriot

Can’t do much stabbing if they’re winning, can they? Wouldn’t think so,but I’m not a coach and not amongst the parents there.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Say it ain't so Bob !

No one puts baby in a corner and no one besmirches the Nudge !

I'm with Patriot .......I don't see it . The Nudge appear to have had a couple of key losses and if you look through the projected starting 15 there really wouldn't appear to be too much ( if anything ) that is genuinely debateable . Maybe only 1 or 2 spots .

But ......every year the Nudge gives us a couple of gems that no one saw coming and where there wasn't a lot of huff n puff through the development pathway

And that's a testament to their program and the quality of persons at the top end of it

That's why they are the Nudge - they do it right

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
GO Removed my comments. Probably too much information that didn’t need to be plastered on a forum. The coaching staff at Nudge are top notch A couple of disappointing departures but a few talents coming through. Looking the goods for 2019.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Nothing is surer in life than Nudgee putting out a quality rugby team. Had one terrible season I can remember and I know they'll never let it happen again.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Nothing is surer in life than Nudgee putting out a quality rugby team. Had one terrible season I can remember and I know they'll never let it happen again.

Check out mid 70s - 1986 - They actually had a pretty dry run - Once in a 100 years.

Reactions: vac

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
“The Season” is back on Fox Sports

However not Rugby this time around - Basketball , and , St Edmunds Ipswich is the featured team

TheRugbyGod

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard that Michael Lucas has joined that state high coaching panel as a forward coach. He was in the churchie first system during the successful era and has moved on to a general manager role at Easts this season I believe. A really good pick from the school if this has happened.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Was told over the weekend that Tom Barker will be coaching one of the underage A teams at Terrace this year. Apparently they didn't win a game last year.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice,they will be competitive with him coaching,at least he is coaching,the problem was T.B wanted terrace to reduce work load to coach the first XV ,they said they couldn't allow that,the compettitve schools coaches who are teachers usually have 50% work load,alot of work to coach first XV and be competitive.