• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Previously used the 3 x 3 trials at the one venue to justify who should get picked in the GPS Rep teams which no longer exists.

Wouldn't read too much into the form.

NC lost to both GT & Churchie last year's second 3 x 3 trial , which lead one poster to claim it the weakest NC First XV he had seen. As we all know they ended up going pretty well, if that's how you describe an undefeated premiership . ;)

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
. was

How do you account for TSS putting 50 on them last trial.
And they got flogged by NZ school.
4 boys are not going to make a 50 point difference.
There was up to 8 TSS 1sts not playing Saturday.

I say that to me
TSS will win:
NC/BBC tied 2 nd.

Yes- BSHS if no injuries for 4th.There depth is poor.
i agree with you I think but not sure that tss will make it through without a loss. defs think nudgee get slapped around in first round . best case I see for tss is tied 1st

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Bold prediction time

BSHS will beat one of Nudgee or TSS in R2 or R3 - probably the best chance is Nudgee in R2 for the following reasons :

1. TSS have a much better pack
2. TSS will be harder to toss at home
3. BSHS and Nudgee's packs match up better that give BSHS's greater back depth the chance to do something
4. BSHS have home ground advantage at Demountable Stadium and for whatever reason they tend to be much better at home

BSHS will be the wildcard of this year's competition that will influence the outcome of the more favoured teams. Book it.

Helluva start for BSHS though . Ipswich away. Nudgee at home and then TSS away

S

Sgt Slaughter

Of course you would know them, probably played soccer against them first term.School instead of Schools may have been better also.Im just drawn to your continual excuses .

We did mate love soccer - not sure where my excuses for BSHS winning both games on Saturday are but ok.

Either way I’m looking forward to watching the boys play and having some fun banter. As you can tell I’m pro BSHS #BlueRedBlue

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Looking forward to TSS v Nudgee A B trials this Saturday at TSS. First xv game may define season ahead. Just glad it’s rugby season can’t wait. What other trial match ups are on?

insideandout

Frank Row (1)
Also missing Byron Johnson , Taj Annan in the backs and with the other 3 out - no subs across the 2 games

No Tierney, Durheim or Hansen upfront either

IGS pack looked to be at full strength in who was available (minus Tronc ) but were also missing King, King-Smith and Chung Tan in the backs ( Met West League )

BBC v TGS this saturday. BBC still with a few injuries i hear.

Although Taj Annan is back at 12 this weekend after his injury.

MA7

Frank Row (1)
Was at the BBC V IGS Trials at Kenmore on Tuesday night. Some big disparity. IGS 13's blew through BBC. IGS 14's beat BBC comprehensively. Both teams are playing high quality rugby for the age group. Missed the 15's game because I couldn't stop watching the quality of rugby in the 14's.

S

Sgt Slaughter

BSHS V IGS tonight at West 7pm kick off - BSHS still missing a lot of players, the team looks more like a 2nd XV/U16 side with with the inclusion of 3 x yr10 players.

Also hear whispers BSHS V NC round game maybe the curtain raiser for the Wallabies game

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Was at the BBC V IGS Trials at Kenmore on Tuesday night. Some big disparity. IGS 13's blew through BBC. IGS 14's beat BBC comprehensively. Both teams are playing high quality rugby for the age group. Missed the 15's game because I couldn't stop watching the quality of rugby in the 14's.

That IGS under 13 team is bigger than their under 14 team-which is also big!!.
BBC won 15 A by 3 tries to nil.Very high standard.BBC 10 a standout.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
FirstXV 2019 Squad to play trial game against NC tomorrow on Gold Coast.

Screenshot_20190531-123453_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190531-123516_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190531-123547_Samsung Internet.jpg