1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by terry from Townsville, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Garry Owens John Solomon (38)

Yes , as you have already said.

Yawn. G'Night
  2. egroeg Frank Row (1)

I don't say much on this forum, and I have been following the comments throughout the season, but I do look forward to commenting more on the Colts thread next year. I predict that we will be seeing lads that have been playing 2nds and 3rds at GPS schools, this year playing in Colts 1, and am looking forward to seeing comments like "Where the hell have they been?" when the shackles of school politics break, and fall away
    Garry Owens, Patriot, Jets and 2 others like this.
  3. Ronald Reagan Bob McCowan (2)

Claridge only played 5 games this year he had an ankle problem at the end of the pre season and he was ready to go for round 1 but injured it again the training session before the game. Claridge is hands down the best defensive 10 in the comp. May not do anything too fancy in attack but controls the game well and makes minimal mistakes. He’d be my pick at 10.
    Oracle83 and Garry Owens like this.
  4. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

1st XV and Colts rugby are like chalk and cheese. Look at someone like Aiden Latter who went from 2nd XV at Terrace to Colts 1 at UQ, it happens all the time.
  5. TheKing Colin Windon (37)

Roberts Rugby and RugbyReg like this.
  6. mcdonladclan Bob McCowan (2)

have you given wests the flick too??
  7. Garry Owens John Solomon (38)

That's rich coming from you . Probs should have a Wests League or a UQ emblem in your right hand corner eh ? Or has the grass turned greener back at Yoku Rd all of a sudden ?
  8. Lute Chris McKivat (8)

Gee GO, you’ve become mellow, normally you would mention the cream puff comp as you call it Mcdonladclan has been attending the last 5 years!
  9. Rugrat Jimmy Flynn (14)

A lot easier to change or pick a club to get an opportunity than changing gps school. Some guys fill out some bulk as well after school and catch up quick.
    Patriot and Roberts Rugby like this.
  10. Roberts Rugby Billy Sheehan (19)

Walker has him covered in defence, attack and kicking. Not to mention that he knows how to read a game.
  11. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

Supported by the fact when he was playing at 10 against Nudgee and TSS BBC scored seven tries and only had three tries scored against them a fairly compelling statistic
    Ronald Reagan likes this.
  12. Garry Owens John Solomon (38)

Which in your case would be your own

Hey I’ve got $300,000 that SW will have a league career as well. I’m sure he’ll appreciate league’s 10m rule and 2 less defenders on the same size field.

Interesting that some of his best Rugby at Schoolboy level has been played at 15
  13. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

guys don't quote posts that break the rules. Just report them and we'll deal with them
  14. Ronald Reagan Bob McCowan (2)

Haha. Don’t know about “covered” in defence, as Oracle said only 3 tries were scored between TSS and NC. That’s a pretty solid mid field with Claridge contributing plenty. Claridge’s defence schools Walkers.
  15. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

Last Round of tipping. Can anyone catch All Over It?

Tipping can be done HERE
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  16. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

I will add one thought to the debate and to move things along. I think the BBC backline as a whole, whether Claridge or Gordon were playing, have played the best, hardest hitting defense in the comp. It has been exceptional this year and a genuine team effort.

They have had a dangerous attack and a solid forward pack for a quite a few seasons now, good to see the starch in the defense this year.

Still a game to go before the seasons over, and in advance guys, don't take to much note or get worked up about the results of the CM player poll.

I appreciate the effort but not the design of it. I voted for BGS players in all positions.
    The Nomad, Hound and Roberts Rugby like this.
  17. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

Also is Onion really covering BBC this year?
  18. Roberts Rugby Billy Sheehan (19)

Solid work Jets.
    Jets likes this.
  19. Hound Fred Wood (13)

Looks to be fairly straight forward this week. BUT last game for some of these boys and stranger things have happened.

NC Vs ACGS- NC by 25 – Fairytails may happen but not in this game. NC will not allow Churchie to overtake them for 3rd. Mind you I would be pretty happy if ACGS could find a win. Forwards will do the job but leaky defence in the backs will be the killer. Depends on who they select whether it will be dribble or a storm.

IGS Vs GT – IGS by 10 – Not discounting GT to finish on a high here. IGS will have to keep on song for the whole game and not have their little naps.

BBC Vs BSHS - BBC by 30. This team has shown their defence is king and their backs can score. They could rake up 50+

TGS Vs BGS – TGS by 12 – TGS up the hill will want to finish on a high. Sorry BGS but I cant see you winning this one.
    Taipan168 and The Nomad like this.
  20. Taipan168 Johnnie Wallace (23)

Round 9 tips.
    NC
    IGS
    BBC
    TGS