• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD- GPS U15s 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I decided to make this discussion as the U15 age group has always been such a competitive age group. It would be good to see some discussion about the kids who will be in the firsts for their GPS schools either next year or the following. ;)

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Looks like Churchie have recruited well in the off season. My pick for the 15A premiership unless Nudgee have recruited just as well. Easts have benefited from Churchies recruitment.

Thoraxe

Frank Row (1)
To my knowledge Churchie haven't done too much recruitment in this age group. The 14A's were a good team last year. Saw this team against GT in their trial and they did it with ease. Considering GT was the only team to beat them last year I think. I agree however they look extremely strong and could be a standout team this year.

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe Nudgee College will win the premiership this season. I hear that they have 3 or 4 new players in the team and all of them being representative players. And with them being tied winners for premiership last year, I think Its between them and Churchie for sure.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ipswich are recruiting heavily in this age group. 3 or4 starting this term just to add to their already big front row. They could be a surprise package.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Nudgee are always strong. Some well drilled forwards and large backs who know how to work an overlap. Kicking game probably needs to improve.
Churchie look to have powerful forwards. Very good at set piece. Backs lacking a little spark & direction but that will build during season.
State High were dominant in forwards in many games last year. Lots of tight play revolving around No 8.
These are 3 top chances IMO.

T

theonceblueandwhite

I decided to make this discussion as the U15 age group has always been such a competitive age group. It would be good to see some discussion about the kids who will be in the firsts for their GPS schools either next year or the following. ;)
deebee go home.

K

Keyman

Brisbane Grammar's Tom Flannery is one of the most underrated inside backs in the entire competition at any level, from 8E's to first XV. Id be very dissapointed not to see him in the centres for the A's in the next few years

R

Rugby Reluctant

Not sure it is wise to talk about such young rugby players but one rugby player deserves accolades. I don't know his name. This young man captains the 15 A State High team and plays club for Sunnybank. He is a very good leader in tough circumstances and is a very good forward. I hope he gets all the encouragement he needs to keep going.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
I was staggered to see State High get done by BGS in 1st round. Well done to Grammar lads who were pretty ordinary last year with only 2 wins. BGS 11-7.
I thought TGS would put up more of a fight against Churchie but maybe Churchie has just had a leap in form or playing group. Churchie 32-8.
IGS narrowly beat TSS scoring from a couple of dropped passes. Ref contributed to a stop/start game and chopped off 10 mins of playing time. IGS 12-10.
BBC stayed competitive with Nudgee and would be well pleased looking ahead. NC 17-0.

Thoraxe

Frank Row (1)
Ok AuBoyRugby you started this discussion to talk about the U15's and then quickly came out and predicted Nudgee to win. It's still early with 2 rounds down and Nudgee one and one. I have watched both the Nudgee games and there are a lot of new faces. Across the board this is a tight competition I think and could go to a few teams but I will stick with my early prediction that Churchie will go on with the premiership in this age group at least.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Last week's results:
Churchie 12 v NC 5
BSHS 22 v BBC 12
IGS 26 v GT 12
BGS 7 v TGS 7
TSS 29 v Downlands 14

Can't see Churchie or Nudgee losing another game this season.
This'll mean Churchie Premiers.

S

stevie95

How does everyone think the all the teams went and who where the stand out players of the year

P

ProneBone613

How does everyone think the all the teams went and who where the stand out players of the year
Churchie and Ipswich 15A's were the strongest sides this year with Nudgee not far behind. Both teams have great forwards and backs and you'll be seeing some of these next year in 1st without a doubt.

M

Michael Potgeiter

Looks like Churchie have recruited well in the off season. My pick for the 15A premiership unless Nudgee have recruited just as well. Easts have benefited from Churchies recruitment.

Faceforrugby, I hope you realize that this group has little to no recruitment. With 1 player in the team on a scholarship that being a track and field one. Also almost all their players have been playing at Easts consistently for the last few years. Furthermore I've heard that Nudgee had recruited 8 new players in their U15 side. Sorry if this sounds heavily bias but I find it sort of offensive that you assume churchie had recruited in order to win

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
I thought the better team this year was Nudgee towards the end of the season. I think the forwards were slow to catch up with their backs in the first two games but came good later on. They had better stats too. Although most of these boys wont make first next year from what I hear.

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
Faceforrugby, I hope you realize that this group has little to no recruitment. With 1 player in the team on a scholarship that being a track and field one. Also almost all their players have been playing at Easts consistently for the last few years. Furthermore I've heard that Nudgee had recruited 8 new players in their U15 side. Sorry if this sounds heavily bias but I find it sort of offensive that you assume churchie had recruited in order to win

If most of these boys are from the U15 Easts div 1 side then they would have a very strong forward pack. I have seen them over the past 3 seasons have always rated their forwards particularly the tight 5. Did not see them play at the state champs but I was surprised hardly any of their forwards made QLD U15's.

carva

Bob McCowan (2)
If most of these boys are from the U15 Easts div 1 side then they would have a very strong forward pack. I have seen them over the past 3 seasons have always rated their forwards particularly the tight 5. Did not see them play at the state champs but I was surprised hardly any of their forwards made QLD U15's.

I was actually not suprised, it was true that they did have a good forward pack but definately not the best, i saw some of the U15"s play, and they speed and the stregth of the south region was outstanding, probably one of the best front row i have seen in their age group.

carva

Bob McCowan (2)
The outstanding players that i saw in the GPS 2012 season for U15's
BSHS - Matt S, Enoka K, Liam M, Tyrone S
NC - Calvin P, Liam M, Jesse N, Liam L
IGS - ShamB V, Johann K, Ethan P, Jaidan S
TGS - I have not seen them play
TSS - I have not seen them play
GT - Kyle L, Jack L, Connor M, Jacob S
BGS - Nyoah R, Eddie M, Patrick D, ( The outside centre)
BBC - Sam E, Lucas P, Jerumi N, Adam S
Churchie - Angus SY, Harry N, James G, (The churchie fullback)

These guys were the standouts in the season for the GPS 2012 U15's

Status
Not open for further replies.