• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think things will change at Wests next year. I can't see Mooney sitting around trying to grow the talent and depth at Wests with out a decent colts set up.

As for Colts becoming U20's I can't see it happening for a while. They have tried it in the past and went back to U19's. Also with the shortened lifespan of the average club rugby player you would only get 2 years out of a majority of players in grade rugby before they stopped playing.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the added professionalism of grades is putting colts players off continuing with rugby as they are simply not physically adept to compete the year out of colts. Might be different with another year of colts and will also mean that there are more colts teams running around.

The flipside is, that if a colts age player is good enough they can always move up and play grades, but lower grades players have no where to go but subbies which is still a high standard but just with reduced training.

Status
Not open for further replies.