• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So how about a preseason list of the teams training.
Dogs already at it.
The East Boys training yet?
How about the Sunnybank lads JETS?

Earlybirds get the worm.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Rumour has it Easts have once again recruited colts talent from the Gold Coast right under their noses!!! Big unit and Breakers Prem Colts capt and Qld U19 rep Dean Cooper leading an exodus of last season's grand final side to Easts, following in the footsteps of the Cox boys, Butler, Kimmince and Paraka.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Rumour has it Easts have once again recruited colts talent from the Gold Coast right under their noses!!! Big unit and Breakers Prem Colts capt and Qld U19 rep Dean Cooper leading an exodus of last season's grand final side to Easts, following in the footsteps of the Cox boys, Butler, Kimmince and Paraka.

Breaker smust be spewing but do Easts really need cooper? If anything they need more depth at Frontrow and the halves

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
yeh because just being a tiger is why he decided to take his bat and ball elsewhere........

But seriously who are the top four props on the books at Easts for next season is bermingham goign to be fit in time?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
yeh because just being a tiger is why he decided to take his bat and ball elsewhere....

But seriously who are the top four props on the books at Easts for next season is bermingham goign to be fit in time?
Well you have Parraka, Kimmance and Bermingham. Even though they're young they'd be the frontline props. Then there is the tighthead who played when Bermo got injured, Ritchie?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Also the draw seems a bit kinder to Easts this year, don't have to play the top 4 sides in the space of 5 weeks like this season.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Also the draw seems a bit kinder to Easts this year, don't have to play the top 4 sides in the space of 5 weeks like this season.

But they end the season against Wests.

& going by the last 2 years, where they were booted from post season eligibility on the last round of the year means I have chalked up that match to the Dogs ;)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

its strange how people talk about tough draws and seedings at tournaments becuase realistically at the end of the day your gonna have to vs and beat everyone at some point if you want the premiership

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
its strange how people talk about tough draws and seedings at tournaments becuase realistically at the end of the day your gonna have to vs and beat everyone at some point if you want the premiership
Yeah I wasn't really complaining about it (I never believe in the "tough draw" excuse either). But it isn't helpful if you are facing the top sides in a short period and lose the first game. The only thing I think it affects is team mindset and momentum. For example if you have easy games coming up the team might get complacent, whilst if you are playing the top sides and you lose your first match against one of them, it is very easy to have low team moral ect.

Plus injuries and shit...........haha

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
yeh and i guess the mind set part is what makes a good/bad team......so T12 i ask you if you could strengthen one part of the Easts squad what would it be

F

FTM

Well you have Parraka, Kimmance and Bermingham. Even though they're young they'd be the frontline props. Then there is the tighthead who played when Bermo got injured, Ritchie?

Have heard that Easts have also recruited Kirwan Sanday from Brothers and the National Academy.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
You gotta be packing some big cojones to leave the filth for another club.....especially when its easts.

Looks like brothers might struggle next year....forwards was one of their weaknesses and to lose Sanday will only compound the issue........

Seems stupid for all four to be ARU academy yet want to play at the same club......someones gonna miss out which cant be good for development

F

FTM

You gotta be packing some big cojones to leave the filth for another club...especially when its easts.

Looks like brothers might struggle next year..forwards was one of their weaknesses and to lose Sanday will only compound the issue....

Seems stupid for all four to be ARU academy yet want to play at the same club..someones gonna miss out which cant be good for development

Good depth though for Easts - don't think Kimmance was retained in the Academy.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)
It would appear that the QRU has put up the draw for premier rugby next year.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/PremierRugby/FixturesResults.aspx

Any idea why Breakers v Stingrays play before Easter in Round 5a & don't have a fixture on May 4th? Can't be long weekend associated because Campbell Newman moved the Labor Day holiday to October. Did he not?

I think it has something to do with their availability to play for QLD country v NSW Country for the selection process for the combined country team to play the British & Irish Lions.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
interesting....i imagine he would want to be back in though.

And if paraka or bermingham are dropped i cant see them being retained either........so will be a cutthroat offseason in the east

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
yeh and i guess the mind set part is what makes a good/bad team..so T12 i ask you if you could strengthen one part of the Easts squad what would it be
In the squad? Nothing really, we have the depth, contrary to what many believe, it's just that last two season we've had to bring in 3rd and 4th string guys. I think maybe another halfback, thats the only position where we look a bit thin. And Hooker, incase Ready's throwing goes to shit again.

The big change I'd like is the structure of how the team plays. I had a rant about it when we lost to Souths last season, we can't seem to adapt the game plan. And its not a difficult plan for the opposition to pick up, exhaust pattern with ball playing in the forwards before spinning it wide the opposite way. Shit I had that game plan when I was 15.

When the forwards are getting fucked (like they did against GPS, Souths & Uni), it seems the players/Richards doesnt have a plan B. I wouldn't even mind a more kick orientated game, because we have the pack to be strong in the set peice, plus Brandon and UJ have strong boots on them.

On the other hand, the likes of Wilder, Mansell, Cox, White (maybe even Walker) have got the speed and agility to cause problems out wide.....yet the barley see the ball.

Fine have your Plan A, but I think they need a much better Plan B option (for example remember vs Souths and against GPS in the second time).

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
How about Easts fwd pack?

Who's the elder calmer head in that unit.. Can't think of any veteran leadership in that pack since Peter Garrett retired this year (sorry don't know his name, but we all know the big bald backrower i am referring too,played for years)

Lot of spring chickens in the Easts pack, I'm guessing Enever, Stohlberg, Quirk, Butler, Pakarra & Reidy all are under the age of 25?

Will be a force to be reckoned with (once they get hair on their chests)

Status
Not open for further replies.