• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
In the squad? Nothing really, we have the depth, contrary to what many believe, it's just that last two season we've had to bring in 3rd and 4th string guys. I think maybe another halfback, thats the only position where we look a bit thin. And Hooker, incase Ready's throwing goes to shit again.

The big change I'd like is the structure of how the team plays. I had a rant about it when we lost to Souths last season, we can't seem to adapt the game plan. And its not a difficult plan for the opposition to pick up, exhaust pattern with ball playing in the forwards before spinning it wide the opposite way. Shit I had that game plan when I was 15.

When the forwards are getting fucked (like they did against GPS, Souths & Uni), it seems the players/Richards doesnt have a plan B. I wouldn't even mind a more kick orientated game, because we have the pack to be strong in the set peice, plus Brandon and UJ have strong boots on them.

On the other hand, the likes of Wilder, Mansell, Cox, White (maybe even Walker) have got the speed and agility to cause problems out wide...yet the barley see the ball.

Fine have your Plan A, but I think they need a much better Plan B option (for example remember vs Souths and against GPS in the second time).

Ready could be a very decent player if he buckled down and sorted out a few parts of his game I reckon.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
You gotta be packing some big cojones to leave the filth for another club...especially when its easts.

Looks like brothers might struggle next year..forwards was one of their weaknesses and to lose Sanday will only compound the issue....

Seems stupid for all four to be ARU academy yet want to play at the same club..someones gonna miss out which cant be good for development
At what stage do the tigers stop recruiting and start looking at their coaching??? they already had an outrageous number of players in ARU programs, surely if the club put as much effort into the coaching as they do recruitment they could get results. until the reds get back easts easily have the best team on paper and should be cruising into the top 4, Same with their colts, Just Sayin...

i agree Brothers will struggle next year with no off season recruits. they are lacking in the tight 5 and have no big ball carrying forwards. backs will still be good though you would imagine, particularly if the murphy brothers find form again and felsman back from injury.

Wests are the dark horse next year, picking up o'donaghue and a few more from across the ditch apparently.

early tip of Sunnybank Uni GPS Wests top 4.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
For all his credentials pat richards hasnt really done much has he? got a top notch squad with no results.....

but your right the only reason that these players go to easts is because of their wonderful coaching..........

But seriously unless he gets a grand final appearance richards must be on his last legs

S

smellyboots

Does anyone know what Tuapou is doing next season? I noticed none of the easts guys in here have mentioned him when talking about 2013.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
For all his credentials pat richards hasnt really done much has he? got a top notch squad with no results...

but your right the only reason that these players go to easts is because of their wonderful coaching....

But seriously unless he gets a grand final appearance richards must be on his last legs

I have a feeling that easts success in 08 was due to the assistant coaches not Richards, I think once Scotney left he was going to struggle

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So how about a preseason list of the teams training.
Dogs already at it.
The East Boys training yet?
How about the Sunnybank lads JETS?

Earlybirds get the worm.
No training at the Bank until the new year. Trying to give the guys a break, there is an off season gym program running for all players, after a busy year and a gruelling 7's program.
It's good to have Tom Murday back at the club as he will fill the whole left by Kriukelis.
Also hopefully Ben Adams can have a good off season and hit the ground running in 2013.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
What happened to kriukelis? Did he Call it a day?

Ben Adams will be a very welcome addition considering there is no blomfield this year.

Do you know if rota setu will be back or is he enjoying japan?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Kriukelis has retired from rugby and will be enjoying married life in 2013.

Not sure on Rota. I would assume he would be trying to make as much yen as possible in the coming years. No opportunity for a contract in Oz due to playing for Samoa.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He told me that work wasn't for him so he's off to the UK to do his Masters of Engineering. You know these dumb footballers ;)

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
So another rumoured movement is Mitch Wade to Wests, improving their already bolstered pack. Can anyone confirm this? Do we know If wests are going to be fielding full colts teams this year or are they only concentrating on reviving one team at a time? Surely club lunatic Hunter Thomas won't be impressed with the coaches recruiting into his position.... Also Heath Tessmann returning will beef up the Uni front row untill Hanson gets back from reds duty, promising to be a very competitive year next year not just the usual powerhouse clubs

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't say usuall powerhouse clubs as in this competition it is so cyclical. I would assume Hunter liek any good clubman will be happy that his club is looking so strong.

Wests have strogn numbers on the books for colts....

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me if Wade went to Wests. He has aspirations for higher honours and having Hanson and Tessmann as possible obstacles wouldn't be great. He is a Premier player but needs a consistent season to push his claims.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He was a 7 but switched to hooker as he sees a better future there for himself.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Ok cool.
Handy position to have hookers/no7 for flexibility in a team.

There's a few floating around club land. But im curious if there's ever been a 2/7 to play professionally. i always thought Phil Waugh would of made a handy hooker... Especially seen he lived in George Smith shadows all those years.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of them, I hope Wests go really well next year. After 2006 they seem to have dropped and this should be their chance to get stuck in and take the Hospital Cup back to Sylvan Road. With that being said, Brothers might have a tough season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.