• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoke

Bob McCowan (2)
I read the comp rules and it's not mentioned anywhere. Seems odd that they would have secret rules about the comp.

They do have a directive from the Board that no QRU staff can coach at Clubs. Maybe they should enforce that one.

GPS. Peter Wilkins
Sunnybank. Adam Wallace Harrison.
Easts. ???? Parkinson
Brothers. McCormack (last year) not sure if he did this year.

Isn't this good for Premier rugby?

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Tiger Tale maybe you can start a new thread and invite Dont Be Chirpin to join. Although you will probably be then talking to yourself. On a positive note you will probably agree with each other.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Lac
GPS. Peter Wilkins
Sunnybank. Adam Wallace Harrison.
Easts. ???? Parkinson
Brothers. McCormack (last year) not sure if he did this year.

Isn't this good for Premier rugby?
Lachlan Parkinson & Rob Donaghue were both involved in Easts Colts. Does Rob still work at the QRU? Lachlan definitely does.

Ben McCormack was hands on with Brothers Colts this year although again, not sure if he's still with the QRU.

T

tranquility

Can someone please give me a summary of how UJ went this year, and what position he has mainly been playing? Cheers

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Can someone please give me a summary of how UJ went this year, and what position he has mainly been playing? Cheers

Played 12 for the whole season (went to 10 a few times Brandon went off early).

He actually had a great season I thought. No more of his silly errors and decision making. He is definitely a 12, he runs hard, good defence and has a good passing game.

But his best attribute was his kicking game. Those who watched the semi-final against GPS will know what I'm referring too. His kicking for touch isn't too shabby either.

Towards the back end of the season he proved to be one of our key players in the backline, providing good distribution to White & Placid out wide.

Massive step up for him this year, if the Reds keep him it is defiantly justifiable.

T

tranquility

Fantastic news, cheers for that.

What type of contract has Jonah been offered?

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ask your club president, and if you want to know how to circumvent the payment system speak to those clubs that blatantly disregard the directive/rule. I won't outline here which clubs they are but we all know who does and doesn't.

All clubs used to submit their financial results to the QRU yearly. Can someone clarify if this is still the case.
Are you saying you know the above statement as fact?
And if so what is the source - is it these financial results?
Anything less will be viewed as scepticism - read b/s.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
club still submit their annual reports to the QRU.

Not many line items around "PLAYER PAYMENTS" however.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Who cares about 15s.
You play all year to win - Nothing!
7s Season starts tomorrow.
Competition, variety, speed, excitement, prize money, overseas travel, playing national teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.