• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Queensland_Premier_Rugby_logo_2014.png

Well done again to Brothers but does anyone have any 2017 insight?

Sadly I think it is going to be difficult for the Bulldogs to drag themselves off the bottom of the ladder, so that leaves 8 to battle it out for 1st-8th!!!!

I think the sides with the greatest capacity for variance of performance will be Snbk(no Seib), Souths(coaching?) & GPS(ret of Shane Arnold). Easts looked better in the second half of the season and should be there or there abouts the 4 in 2017. Uni & Bros will obviously be strong again. So that leaves Norths & Bond with the question of whether they can be more consistent and lift themselves into the top 4 - if they do then it will be another cracking QPR in 2017.

Apparently we are going to see coverage of it on channel 7.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am even going to state my 2017 top 4:
Uni, Bros, Souths & Easts. With Uni to go 1 better in 2017.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done again to Brothers but does anyone have any 2017 insight?

Sadly I think it is going to be difficult for the Bulldogs to drag themselves off the bottom of the ladder, so that leaves 8 to battle it out for 1st-8th!!!!

I think the sides with the greatest capacity for variance of performance will be Snbk(no Seib), Souths(coaching?) & GPS(ret of Shane Arnold). Easts looked better in the second half of the season and should be there or there abouts the 4 in 2017. Uni & Bros will obviously be strong again. So that leaves Norths & Bond with the question of whether they can be more consistent and lift themselves into the top 4 - if they do then it will be another cracking QPR in 2017.

Apparently we are going to see coverage of it on channel 7.

If nothing changes at Wests then the 2 wins from this year may be difficult to repeat in 2017! I have heard whispers that Evan Willis may make a return as Forwards coach. Not sure on his pedigree however he coached with Pat in 2014/15 when Wests won 4 games and then 3 games respectively. Based on those statistics the Reds would most likely look to bring him on! Teams can be turned around in a season if the will is there to make the tough calls otherwise all Wests will be known for is building the Taj Mahal of Premier Rugby.
I think it is a bit early to write off the Bulldogs before pre season has even started unless of course you know that nothing is going to change at Sylvan Road over the summer.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
pump the brakes folks (on prediction)

We have no idea what the squad makeups will be. Players moving to different clubs, hanging them up ect.

If I am in the prediction business, let me see a couple of scoreline from preseason 2017 first.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I am even going to state my 2017 top 4:
Uni, Bros, Souths & Easts. With Uni to go 1 better in 2017.

You should probably consider including The Bank in that list, Bulldog. They have a number of up-and-coming Colts after winning 2 out of the last 3 GFs.

I'm inclined to agree with SouthernX. It's difficult to know of the potential player changes in 2017.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
SX & Filth my predictions is very much tongue in cheek stuff just to start some dialogue.

I am sure there is plenty of talks going on at present - I just think from a Wests perspective unless the coaching set up is settled it is difficult to work on your playing roster.

It would be great to bring in a new coaching set up because new coaches usually means new players and we could do with a shake up of the playing roster at Sylvan Road.

I just don't know whether there is a desire to take on the hard rugby decisions at this point in time - the board have done a great job securing the club's future and with that done I hope we see an overview of the rugby side of things in the next 18 months - I can't see it baring fruit in 2017 but if done well will see results in 2018.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
You should probably consider including The Bank in that list, Bulldog. They have a number of up-and-coming Colts after winning 2 out of the last 3 GFs.

I'm inclined to agree with SouthernX. It's difficult to know of the potential player changes in 2017.

Yes you never know what Wests players will end up at Crosby or St Lucia!!!!!

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apparently Wests coaches are same with addition to a forwards coach who was there 2015 my mate was saying!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Drove past crosby Park and there was a 7s tournament playing. Is this part of a series?? Or a one off club thing?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
One off, annual thing. Uq had theres last week and Norths have theres in two, the same day as Noosa.
The one at UQ has nothing to do with the actuall UQ rugby club it's just played at the grounds.

Great day at Crosby yesterday and really well run. From the prems clubs Easts, GPS, norths, bond all had teams with brothers, Sunnybank and UQ having 2 each. Brisbane Fiji won their second tournament in a row.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Someone told me that Mack Mason was headed to the Waratahs - a big loss to Qld rugby - why do Qld continue to lose quality players to other Aust Franchises at such tender years - Poecock, McMahon, Placid, Brad Wilkin, Harley Fox, Ben Meehan and now Mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.