• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Looks to me like a lot of growth is in non traditional area due to all the new programs/opportunities. I wonder what the figures are like for males 13+.

Not suggesting that is key, just curious if excellent growth elsewhere is masking another issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Interesting point. Still non traditional areas of improvement is a good thing. Have to say well done to those involved and especially the clubs.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like the coaching Merry-Go-Round is in full swing with Adrian Thompson firming to join a Northside club.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like the coaching Merry-Go-Round is in full swing with Adrian Thompson firming to join a Northside club.

It will be interesting to see whether he can do any better at Crosby this time around.

It was pretty ordinary back 2012-13 (I think).

What has he actually achieved in his coaching career in terms of success?

Brothers will be lucky to get him!!

One wonders whether he has the capacity to walk his immense talk!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's a better choice - he did a good job at Sunnybank and in the NRC.

Brothers will be good under Rod.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Byron is staying at West has been reappointed. Will be confirmed in the next week or so.
Mathison is moving overseas to coach. Jeeps have just advertised for all positions for 2019 including Prems.
Marshall is gone. Brothers have short listed and will announce early next week.
ET & Buzz no decision has been made at present for 2019. Have heard it wasn't happy families at the nest, very strained relationship.
Foggerty no decision atm. Norths have advertised for all positions including Prems for 2019. I've heard that one if not both Prems coaches are moving on in 2019.

Any updates amongst all the above?!

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So it appears just about all head coaching jobs are confirmed.

Bond: Grant Anderson
Brothers: Rob Seib
Easts: Ant Cornellan
GPS: ??? (Anyone have any intel here)
Norths: Luke Oxford
Souths: Elia Tuqiri/Brett Picone
Sunnybank: Damon Virtue
University: Mick Heenan
Wests: Pat Byron

I am hearing rumours of a potential Backs/Attack coach at the Reds for Mick Heenan.

Don’t you love off season rumours!!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Don't know whether the mail on Easts & Souths is on the money.

Easts posted ad for 1st grade role on their website recently - I don't think Ant Connellan is going around again in 2019;

and

Souths - I don't know whether it will be a ET/Buzz double act next year. I hear that ET is locked in but it is uncertain whether Buzz will be rolling the dice again in 2019 at Chipsy Wood.

BTW it's ROD Seib

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Elwee confirmed as head coach for 2019.

Interesting. I was hearing Shane Arnold was in and around there somewhere again.
Will Elwee still have his job as Director of Rugby aswell? Seems like a conflict of interest now that he is Head Coach...

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is there any truth to a rumour that a highly regarded QPR/NRC player has tested positive to steroids?

It's not a Souths or Wests player.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is there any truth to a rumour that a highly regarded QPR/NRC player has tested positive to steroids?

It's not a Souths or Wests player.

There has been chat around it on the Reds thread. Enough to work things out, if true.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why have the QRU not made comment about the ban?

Why is there so much secrecy from the QRU when it comes to any form of suspension?

Even when a player is found guilty at the judiciary it is held secretively.

I would have thought that publishing such suspensions would act as an example or deterrent for all involved in game in Qld.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In this particular case if he has been found guilty of steroid use then give him a lengthy suspension and then put it out there.

If you are using and playing QPR you will get caught and there are significant consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.