• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
These are the times I wish I was in the Vegas, Sat arvo dwon at Yoku, a few tinnies and watching the mighty gallopers smash the filthBrethren, then a few travellers or feed at the Normanby, top up @ the Cacko and watch Qld belt the cockroachesNSW @ Lang Park, it doesn't get much better than that.

Now I've probably jinxed both games ;)

J

JeepsTragic

here you go old man. Personally delivery.

http://online.fliphtml5.com/xsol/usgw/index.html

Much appreciated Reg. It seems the QRU are on the ball this week as after I saw your post I checked the Redsrugby site - and there it was You have to question how GPS v Brothers is not the game of the week for the live stream, I don't think that anyone in Brisbane rugby would deny it. I know they have to spread it around a bit but surely they saw from pretty early that this was going to be the blockbuster of the first round and planned ahead.

I am very much looking forward to the game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how the young Brothers pack match up against the old heads in the Jeeps pack. Jeeps really miss Jay Thompson in the backline, so not a lot of creative flair but our forwards just never stop rumbling up field.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wests looks like they are going to be down their 2 props who started the season Misioka & Ausetalia for the foreseeable future.

Just saw both gentlemen were named for the Samoa team participation in a global Rapid Rugby match in Fiji this weekend.

Anybody else know of some QPR familiar names who might be involved with Twiggys Comp?
They have been missing for a couple of weeks now haven’t they ? When did they last play?

Ageing Tiger

Frank Row (1)
Now that Fox Sports replays matches the QRU have to set match of the round schedules well in advance, the match of the rounds for the first half of the season were set before Round 1 and the presidents and gms all across it. Easts v Sunnybank are playing for the Rick Tyrrell Cup which would be why they're match of the round, Rugby Unite has partnered with QRU & State Govt to roll out mental health first aid training, announcement went out earlier this week - http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...ch-ground-breaking-mental-health-program.aspx

Believe the grand final rematch next week between GPS and UQ will be match of the Round.

Much appreciated Reg. It seems the QRU are on the ball this week as after I saw your post I checked the Redsrugby site - and there it was You have to question how GPS v Brothers is not the game of the week for the live stream, I don't think that anyone in Brisbane rugby would deny it. I know they have to spread it around a bit but surely they saw from pretty early that this was going to be the blockbuster of the first round and planned ahead.

I am very much looking forward to the game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how the young Brothers pack match up against the old heads in the Jeeps pack. Jeeps really miss Jay Thompson in the backline, so not a lot of creative flair but our forwards just never stop rumbling up field.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Jeeps too good today. Great game of rugby. We were missing a few key players, but even so the Jeeps were dynamic in the forwards.

What happened at Wests? A bit of a flogging at home.

Good to see Bond get a few points on the board. Anyone with a match report?

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jeeps too good today. Great game of rugby. We were missing a few key players, but even so the Jeeps were impressive in the forwards.

Many errors and pushed passes by wests. Wests also had poor set play. Missing a few boys too

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Great win by GPS. Brothers forwards will be a bit humbled by that, they have been impressive so far but were found lacking in the back half of the game, they will aim up now and the return game at Crosby will be a corker. It was a really great game to watch.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great win by GPS. Brothers forwards will be a bit humbled by that, they have been impressive so far but were found lacking in the back half of the game, they will aim up now and the return game at Crosby will be a corker. It was a really great game to watch.

Agree with that. In the last 20 minutes they were much slower and it was easy to see that their body language had dropped. I thought the GPS backs stood up better than they have all year and didn't seem too troubled by the vaunted Brothers backline. Admittedly the Filth backline didn't get too much "go forward" because their forward pack weren't given the freedom to set this up. Very dominant game by GPS, five tries to one (or similar) says it all.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Many errors and pushed passes by wests. Wests also had poor set play. Missing a few boys too
Souths forwards stepped up as a unit and dominated all facets providing the platform for the halves to wreak havoc.
Every side is missing players almost every week in this comp.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Just watched the game. South’s forwards were doing well, but lifted again in the second half once Sean Farrell come on. The backs were good all game, with their goal kicking on point. Is that Farrell’s first game back? Did well.
Wests looked like a completely different team to a few week ago. Game management was poor, and the strength of the forwards suffering without their key front line. Gordon and Paisami a huge difference in how the backs play.

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just watched the game. South’s forwards were doing well, but lifted again in the second half once Sean Farrell come on. The backs were good all game, with their goal kicking on point. Is that Farrell’s first game back? Did well.
Wests looked like a completely different team to a few week ago. Game management was poor, and the strength of the forwards suffering without their key front line. Gordon and Paisami a huge difference in how the backs play.

Once we lost Paisami, it was just too much shifting around for one week. I heard the coach was yelling out some expletives. Credit to Souths though, they looked like they were gelling nicely.

J

JeepsTragic

Jeeps too good today. Great game of rugby. We were missing a few key players, but even so the Jeeps were dynamic in the forwards.

I am looking forward to the second round clash. Will Brothers have their 3 under 20 players back? I hope so. Hoopert will also be back but GPS will have the Smith twins and Hegarty back (if they miss Wallaby selection).

You kinda have to feel sorry for opposition props when the Smiths return. You get worked by Ruan and JP for 60 mins and then they are replaced by Fred Burke and Jethro Felemi. Great to see Fred back in form and dominating again.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Another tough week on the tips. Some clever people out there managed a perfect round, so massive respect to RAF, Happyman, Pick n Drive, and new recruit_brisbane.

RAF 22
Rugby Follower 22
Beer Baron 21
Nomad 21
Rugby Reg 21
GirtbySea 20
Jets 20
Sage Too 20
Dark Shark 19
Getwithme 19
Happyman 19
Pick n drive 19