• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Crosell

Bob McCowan (2)
Brothers left between 4-6 tries on the park from dropped ball in front of an open line. The score line could have been massive. Terrible words those: "could have". The fact is the Dogs shut things down repeatedly. The extra "3 minutes' were consumed by 21 phases of amazing defence by the Dogs and equally relentless grind by Brothers.
Has to be one of the games of the season so far, positive rugby with both teams creating plenty of opportunities. As Neville said Brothers will be guttered they didn't put the doggies to the sword earlier. Credit where credit is due that Wests defensive line really stood up on their goal line and it was excellent to watch. There were bugger all penalties in this game which meant players were fatigued and we got to see some really exciting footy well done to all. If the doggies can repeat this effort against other oppositions through the last few rounds of the season, I would expect they will be at the business end of the season.

S

Sgt Slaughter

Reds players return to club footy next week or the week after? Would love to see Jock back for UQ this week :)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Congratulations to Reg who tipped 4/4
Rugby Follower knocked off the top after forgetting to tip.

Beer Baron 35
Nomad 34
Rugby Reg 34
Rugby Follower 33
GirtbySea 32
Jets 32
RAF 32
Getwithme 31
Pick n drive 31
Sage Too 31
Dark Shark 30
Happyman 30
DB 29
Hound 29
nmpc 29
Robbitybob 29
Southernx 29
Cam Goddard 28
Keeno 27
Hennaz 22
Paty305 22
Beerad 20
jimmy.crouch 16
new recruit_ brisbane 16
eldiablo 13
Phatmic 9
Shane T 9

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Chat on w/end was that Seb Wileman played his last QPR game for Brothers v Wests. Heading back to Sydney. ?signed by Waratahs for next year.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That’s interesting, he didn’t get many opportunities for the Reds but carved it up with Brothers. Strange that he came from Sydney, and then got picked up by the Tahs after playing in Brisbane. Down south they consider the Shute Shield to be a stronger competition so his move up here obviously paid off but it seems a bit backwards!

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Chat on w/end was that Seb Wileman played his last QPR game for Brothers v Wests. Heading back to Sydney. ?signed by Waratahs for next year.
Very disappointing. Seb is an outstanding person and a player with a lot of potential. I was disappointed to hear that the Reds didn’t re-sign. It had seemed like he had made his mark with Brothers. Both with the club and the players. Good luck to him.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Will Duncan Paia'aua play any more club rugby or is he straight off to Toulon? A shame Thorn did not use him more I think he is far superior to CFS in attack.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
To keep this year’s competition at the level it is, it would be pleasing for Duncan to be playing a few more games for Norths. Duncan shows his skill at Prems but seems to go missing in Super Rugby. I would suggest more of a confidence issue rather than skill. A bit of a topsy turvie year in Super Rugby really.

Same as McGahn. Like him in Prems but is lost in Super Rugby. I have no idea how he get on the field over Stewart. It is baffling. The only reason can be injury.

Jason Crosell

Bob McCowan (2)
Can someone please explain how Sunnybank v Norths was the match of the round on the weekend? I am all for sharing it around and I know clubs agreed to do so for the first round to get exposure but surely you now move onto the big games and start to sell the club rugby product. Look at Shute Shield, they haven't had Western Sydney in one of their telecast games and always put the games that mean the most on live. Surely Wests v Brothers (1 v 4) or UQ v Souths (5 v 3) makes more sense???

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think it's just a case of sharing the games. If you only show the top teams they'll attract the best players and sponsors as they get the best exposure. You can watch all the games live so it's not a real issue, in my eyes.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can someone please explain how Sunnybank v Norths was the match of the round on the weekend? I am all for sharing it around and I know clubs agreed to do so for the first round to get exposure but surely you now move onto the big games and start to sell the club rugby product. Look at Shute Shield, they haven't had Western Sydney in one of their telecast games and always put the games that mean the most on live. Surely Wests v Brothers (1 v 4) or UQ v Souths (5 v 3) makes more sense???

it's been explained before:

Now that Fox Sports replays matches the QRU have to set match of the round schedules well in advance, the match of the rounds for the first half of the season were set before Round 1 and the presidents and gms all across it.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Norths v Sunnybank was the Match of The Round in first round so I was surprised to see it repeated in Round 2.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Which is the game of the round this week

I don’t know that frotter but EVERY GAME has potential for Match of the round

Brothers v Norths - local Darby
Wests v UQ - Local Darby (UQ could enter the top 4 with a 7+ win)
Easts v Bond - 1 point diff on ladder. I assume these 2 teams classify each other as rivals? I seem to recall a bit of bad blood few seasons ago when some Gold Coast boys were recruited/poached to Easts?
Souths v GPS - top 4 hit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.