• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Who will have the best scrum in the semis?

Between GPS & Easts for mine.

And on that basis I think they'll be the two winners in week 1.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
GPS and Brothers featuring in every finals from 1st - 6th Grade, with Brother's playing the Major Semi in most of the those grades. Great accomplishment for those clubs.

I recall a number of years ago GPS played in 6 Grand Finals... and won 1.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Who will have the best scrum in the semis?

Between GPS & Easts for mine.

And on that basis I think they'll be the two winners in week 1.

Not sure you necessarily want to win the Major Semi. Recent QPR history seems to indicate losing the Major and then playing the Preliminary Final is the best path to winning the Grand Final - ie not having a week off.

Brisbane Boys

Peter Burge (5)
Watch the game. Nasser got worked. Bar one scrum in the first half the whole Uni front row got worked. Good sign for GPS given the regular loose head and hooker were having a rest.

I am not disputing the ability of those two players or the GPS scrum but only a Jeepstragic could suggest that either of those two are not part of the system.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Watch the game. Nasser got worked. Bar one scrum in the first half the whole Uni front row got worked. Good sign for GPS given the regular loose head and hooker were having a rest.

GPS have Ruan Smith at THP anchoring their scrum, he has given plenty of Super Rugby front-rows headaches let alone a UQ. I would expect GPS to be strong on the back of him alone

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
so apparently this will be the last finals series at Ballymore as we know it. I mean Ballymore as we know.

Redevelopments start afterwards apparently. I assume Wests will host next year...

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
so apparently this will be the last finals series at Ballymore as we know it. I mean Ballymore as we know.

Redevelopments start afterwards apparently. I assume Wests will host next year.

Is the Ballymore redevelopment actually going ahead now? I hadn't realised it was a definite. Does Wests have that much seating? I know it's a nice building but I didn't get the impression that the seating was that much bigger than anywhere else and parking around there is difficult. Maybe just have the finals at the actual clubs and let them benefit from the takings.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I actually don't know how / where they'll do the finals. They are likely still working it out. Wests have hosted a handful of NRC games though.

Parking wouldn't be suitable though. QRU might have to tender it out. It may actually be better off at a school venue, if they can get the licence right

B

Bobby Sands

Reds redevelopement of balleymore.

Surely an ad campaign can come from that.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Redevelopments start afterwards apparently. I assume Wests will host next year.

Any details on what form this redevelopment is taking Reg? Over the past few years it has been promoted as a specialty 7s development center, AIS center and/or plain old Reds training center.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
As far as I’m tracking they’re still waiting on the state government to make a $10million contribution, are they just expecting this will come through.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Emosi Tuqiri plays LHP, he wasn't competing with Nasser for a spot in the Junior Wallabies. Tuqiri was included in the wider training squad before Christmas but was cut before the JWC, he is still eligible for the Junior Wallabies next year and I expect players like him and Tom Kibble will be included in next years squad.

Emosi is still only 18, so plenty of time and opportunities for him if he's good enough.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Also point out Nasser still U20, I would be very concerned if a seasoned prop didn't teach him a few lessons.

Can you remember Thor's first season in first grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.