• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Let’s not play revisionist history bulldog.

Throwing out selective predictions which came true. don’t let me dig up your posts which stated UQ were no chance of making he top 4.

You wrote them off, I did not. I’d say UQ are a good chance this Sunday!

Fair enough SX - however but for a penalty goal or two Uni wouldn't have made the four but they did and I agree they are a good chance on Sunday.

If Uni do win then Brothers might think back to the round 16 clash at St Lucia and contemplate whether a shot at penalty goal was a better option - I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Uni's passage to the GF very similar to Souths in 2015.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don’t know who I want to win out of brothers vs uni.

I believe it’s going to be the best grand final we have seen in years. The best rivalry in QPR.

Slight chance we may even see Tongan Thor turn out for brothers... all depends when the flight back from Auckland lands.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Turning point for me was not taking the 3 at the 60 min mark when the Uni 5/8 got binned.

Also not sure what happened to our scrum we were monstering them then all of a sudden the scrum went to pieces.

Can't say much about the cards as you couldn't see what the hell was going on, it looked pretty innocuous to me so no idea how either incident warranted a card. Whoever coat hangered King though deserved 10 in the bin no idea how the ref missed that.

Anyway well played to Uni, their Qld players certainly stood up, Tate was absolutely top drawer, Campbell looked dangerous every time he got the pill and Hockings and Korczyk got through a mountain of work.

Our forwards never let us down, Gorman, King, Richards and Gicquell played their hearts out, 12 v 15 is just impossible to play.

Bad luck boys, we'll be there or thereabouts next year, I'm looking forward to some gallopers playing in the NRC.

The final should be a great game, I think the Filth will have too much class.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Gotta feel a bit for Troy Simkins the hooker for GPS. Was called out a number of times on the live stream by the commentators for not doing his job, and yeh there were a few errors. Obviously a big drop between Maile and Troy but it's tough going out and playing a knockout final when you've only had a handful of starts at that level.

GPS should have majority of the blokes who were in the squad returning next year, only one or two retirements that I've heard of. They will give it another crack then.

Dane Gleebles

Frank Row (1)
Thought McDermott played himself to a trip to World Cup yesterday.

Our national coach is a mug. As good as Nic White was on weekend, McDermott was leaps and bounds better (yes I say that with a straight face that whilst the ABs are no match for GPS)

It’s maddening to me they bring back someone like Nic White and do not reward the best halfback in super rugby.

I agree with you that McDermott played well against GPS on Sunday, but i think you're jumping the gun a bit there. Especially considering White and Genia have both been dominate forces throughout the test games so far. On top of this I think players like Joe Powell and jake Gordan were much better than Tate all throughout the super rugby season.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree with you that McDermott played well against GPS on Sunday, but i think you're jumping the gun a bit there. Especially considering White and Genia have both been dominate forces throughout the test games so far. On top of this I think players like Joe Powell and jake Gordan were much better than Tate all throughout the super rugby season.

I disagree on your opinion about joe Powell and jake Gordon then again I’m a one eyed qlder

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Any idea how Harry Wilson won the Alec Evans medal?

Yes I understand he is a elite talent with a promising future but the fact he spent probably 25% of the QPR season away on u20 duties.

Just curious how it’s awarded? I imagine it’s a weekly vote thing by coaches/referees.

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)

Yes I understand he is a elite talent with a promising future but the fact he spent probably 25% of the QPR season away on u20 duties.

Just curious how it’s awarded? I imagine it’s a weekly vote thing by coaches/referees.

Similar to how Josh Flook got the u19’s award when Carter Gordon played very well in prem grade the whole season.

Another example of Brothers bias

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don’t believe there is such thing as Brothers bias

It’s the club hated by all others.

I’m just curious if these awards are done on a weekly voting system or if it’s a selection committee.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Similar to how Josh Flook got the u19’s award when Carter Gordon played very well in prem grade the whole season.

Another example of Brothers bias

Brothers all the way but agree that Carter should have picked up that award all the way. Flooky did actually play in the U19’s so that may have been the decider. Bloody good year at that and looking forward to seeing Flooky securing a position in Prems in 2020.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I don’t believe there is such thing as Brothers bias

It’s the club hated by all others.

I’m just curious if these awards are done on a weekly voting system or if it’s a selection committee.

If it makes you feel any better, I though Jerry Lynch had that secured in Round 3 after 3 MOM. Then again there was no chance of Wests securing 2 awards. Seems a bit odd.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Brothers all the way but agree that Carter should have picked up that award all the way. Flooky did actually play in the U19’s so that may have been the decider. Bloody good year at that and looking forward to seeing Flooky securing a position in Prems in 2020.
Would like to see a run of the Under 19's points awarded to see where the Souths players finished. Minor Premiers in Colts 1 and 2 and both teams straight into GF's.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Carter Gordon is the best u19, without a shadow of a doubt. Then Byron Ralston.

Also I love Harry Wilson. Gun. But he missed a large chunk of games. If it was votes he must've received 3 every game he played which would be hard in that stacked Brothers team

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
Carter Gordon is the best u19, without a shadow of a doubt. Then Byron Ralston.

Also I love Harry Wilson. Gun. But he missed a large chunk of games. If it was votes he must've received 3 every game he played which would be hard in that stacked Brothers team
According to the qpr Facebook page he played seven games and got 3 or 2 votes (from the referees) in six of the games. It also showed the top couple of vote getters

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Think Tom Kibble also technically still a colt .

Assume you would need to be playing in a Colts game to get votes for Colt of the Year ?

Ned Stark

Stan Wickham (3)
The refs award points for the Alec Evans Medal after each game so if Wilson won it even though he only played 6 games then full credit to him. I can’t see how he won 3 points against Uni however. Hockings was easily the best player that day.

The Colt of the Year I can’t understand though. If it’s tallied only from Colts 1 games the same as The AE medal then that makes sense but there were some great performances from Colts who played Premier Grade all season. Carter Gordon & Cooper Whiteside from West’s, Byron Ralston from Brothers, Tom Kibble (if he’s still a Colt). Wilson won it last year & hardly played any Colts in the regular season so it seems it’s a subjective vote.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
What they all need is an award that does not include the loose forwards, half back and fly half. The game by its nature centres most activity around these positions because they are always on the ball therefore always in the eye. Have a look at these awards over the years and see what positions the bulk of the winners are.

Status
Not open for further replies.