1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Club Rugby' started by RugbyReg, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Ned Stark Bob McCowan (2)

The refs award points for the Alec Evans Medal after each game so if Wilson won it even though he only played 6 games then full credit to him. I can’t see how he won 3 points against Uni however. Hockings was easily the best player that day.

The Colt of the Year I can’t understand though. If it’s tallied only from Colts 1 games the same as The AE medal then that makes sense but there were some great performances from Colts who played Premier Grade all season. Carter Gordon & Cooper Whiteside from West’s, Byron Ralston from Brothers, Tom Kibble (if he’s still a Colt). Wilson won it last year & hardly played any Colts in the regular season so it seems it’s a subjective vote.
  2. triplet Allen Oxlade (6)

What they all need is an award that does not include the loose forwards, half back and fly half. The game by its nature centres most activity around these positions because they are always on the ball therefore always in the eye. Have a look at these awards over the years and see what positions the bulk of the winners are.
  3. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

Wilson (14) polled three points in the final round to leapfrog five players to win it from clubmate Reuben Wall (13), James Dalgleish (12), Jerry Lynch (12), Matt Gicquel (12) and Hunter Paisami (12).
    Alex Evans Medal: 14 points: Harry Wilson (Brothers). 13: Reuben Wall (Brothers). 12: Jerry Lynch (Wests), Hunter Paisami (Wests), James Dalgleish (UQ), Matt Gicquel (GPS).
    Under-19 Player of the Year: Josh Flook (Brothers)
    Leading Tryscorer: 13 Byron Ralston (Brothers)
    Leading Pointscorer: 166 Isaac Henry (Wests)
    Bunter Bowl: Sunnybank
    Welsby Cup: GPS
    Horsley Cup: Brothers
    Doughty Shield: Brothers
  4. Bulldog Alex Ross (28)

5. SouthernX Arch Winning (36)

Will Brothers be looking for a new head coach?

Rod Sieb took a job with reds to work with Paul Carozza managing the reds academy.
  6. Bulldog Alex Ross (28)

Could be a few jobs up.

I think Souths might be looking to shift the chairs around.

Wonder whether Todd Dammers is in line for another crack at QPR after his success with the Souths colts this year.

Maybe he's an option for Brothers & Souths.
  7. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

Sorry for the lateness. Tipping is HERE

Ladder is here too. I was the only one of the top three to tip GPS (I hate myself for this)

Beer Baron 51
    Rugby Follower 51
    Jets 50
    Nomad 48
    Keeno 45
    Robbitybob 45
    Pick n drive 44
    Rugby Reg 44
    Sage Too 44
    Happyman 43
    Cam Goddard 42
    GirtbySea 41
    RAF 41
    DB 40
    nmpc 40
    Hound 39
    Southernx 38
    Dark Shark 36
    Getwithme 35
    Paty305 34
    Beerad 33
    jimmy.crouch 30
    Hennaz 24
    new recruit_ brisbane 17
    eldiablo 13
    manwithcaninhand 10
    Phatmic 9
    Shane T 9
    Lovemyclubfooty 8
    East Coast Aces 6
    Jeeper 6
    David 4
    heavy unit 4
    Loveclubrugby 4
    FigJam 3
    J Cole 3
    Magpie for me 3
    Mr Grump 3
    Reds 3
    Stellies 3
    Throbber 2
    Bulldog 1
    q 1
    Will 1
    roberts rugby 0
    The Nomad and RugbyReg like this.
  8. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

picked the draw in the final!
  9. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

Could be a draw after extra time and back for the replay next week, happened in the past between these two teams.

I'm pretty sure the rules have changed and it will be decided on the day.
    RugbyReg likes this.
  10. girtbysea Ward Prentice (10)

Jets

Almost had me, not ticking that box.

Brothers to win the big dance and the Grade sweep.
  11. The Nomad Tom Lawton (22)

Jets , love the tipping sheet !
    Penguin, Jets, Roberts Rugby and 2 others like this.
  12. triplet Allen Oxlade (6)

I would feel cheap and dirty if I went with the Filth. It's the Students for me with a finals finish worthy of Octagonal.
    The Nomad likes this.
  13. Happyman Ted Fahey (11)

Thanks for doing this Jets made the year much more enjoyable. Picked with my heart over my head too often and paid the price. Tip of the cap to the top three.

Students for mine I could not live with myself if I backed the filth but it will be close.
  14. Roberts Rugby Watty Friend (18)

Classic stuff. Not offended.
  15. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

I know it's a badge of honour down at Crosby.

I suffered from tipping with my head over my heart last week, won't be happening again.
    Roberts Rugby and The Nomad like this.
  16. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

teams are here:

Newstead Brewing Hospital Challenge Cup Grand Final, Brothers v University of Queensland, Ballymore Stadium, Sunday 18 August, Kick-off: 3:05pm, broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports CH505

Brothers: Tom Moloney (c), Matt Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Bradford Kapa, Ryan Smith, Criff Tupou, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Sam Hyne, Patrick James, Byron Ralston, Josh Flook, Lawson Creighton

Reserves: Liam Usher, Jake Lyon, Dustin Henegan, Michael Wood, Noah Nielsen, Isaac Tarabay, Kris Larosa, Mitch Felsman

Coach: Rod Seib

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, Josh Nasser, Harry Hockings, Fergus Lillicrap, Adam Korczyk, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Tate McDermott, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, Brad Twidale, Kye Oates, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell

Reserves: Cameron Flavell, Pat Fepuleai, Singcho Tamala, Angus Scott-Young, Ben Paxton-Hall, James Wood, Jacobus van-Eeden, Alex Horan

Coach: Mick Heenan

GF Program is here
    Roberts Rugby and The Nomad like this.
  17. Roberts Rugby Watty Friend (18)

I’ll tell you what is funny; down at Brekky Creek this afternoon for a quick couple, and your tipping options were the talk. It was agreed that you non-filth believers will be talking about how good our lads played in the final until next season.
    Jets likes this.
  18. The Nomad Tom Lawton (22)

I genuinely like the look of the UQ team , easily the strongest team they have put forward this year.

If the Filth do beat them , they will have had a very good day at the office and will deserve all the accolades you mention above.

Should be a great game , some of the match ups will be crackers.
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  19. LearningCurve Ted Fahey (11)

You are correct - $15 booked online, $19.50 at the gate for the GF, and for the Colts and lower grades the previous day you have the privilege of paying $15 at the gate and $10 online.
  20. Bobby Sands Alan Cameron (40)

Other than those signed, which players do we think have the potential to play the next level?