• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Are they going to cancel club rugby over COVID-19?

I think it should still go ahead but we are in uncharted territories here.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Updated advice is to close non essential gatherings of more than 500 people. Can the Premier clubs manage crowds to below 500?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
North’s

KEY RECRUITS

Matt Connor – Brothers
Enzo Mututi – GPS
Nathan Tweedy – Hong Kong Scottish
Miller Leilua – Souths
Harley Fox – South
Liam Roberts - Souths
Victor Thompson – Caboolture
Bailey Thompson – Caboolture
Falcon Peni – West Harbour
Logan Allen – Harbour Eagles (New Zealand)
Shai Waiperi – Fielding Old Boys (New Zealand)
Sau Leaaetoa – Surfers Paradise
Kinean Snead – Redcliffe Dolphins
Leslie Hills – Sunnybank
Matt Wilshire – Clifton Rugby Club
Mana Cecil – Work
Ken Taviri – Papua New Guinea

KEY LOSSES

Sefa Naivalu – Stade Francais Paris
Duncan Paia’aua – RC Toulonnais
Matt McGahan – Ricoh Black Rams
Connor Chittenden – West Harbour
Jayden Carroll – Easts
Stone Kolio – Retired
Saula Vuaca – Retired
Wilson Enoka – Retired

Where is prendergast this year?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
All good mate going ahead.
current advice to players is to exercise caution if you have a cold.
TBH the panic is almost amusing except for how it is screwing with the economy.

Well Scott Morrison banned today gatherings of people over 500 people... surely Yoku Road on a GPS home game would be grounds to cancel that fixture?

I do agree with your sentiments about panic hysteria effecting our economy.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am not wanting to create greater hysteria but I think it possible that Junior Rugby could be called off - if so I hope the clubs have their T&Cs in order regarding refunds.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am not wanting to create greater hysteria but I think it possible that Junior Rugby could be called off - if so I hope the clubs have their T&Cs in order regarding refunds.

yeah, I think that's sensible with regards calling if off. I'd support it 100%

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess it might be reasonable to expect that you will see more Reds and Tahs players playing more games for their Clubs this season - assuming Senior Club Rugby continues on ?

However it seems a bit inconsistent to put the sword through Junior Rugby and then allow Seniors to bat on (no pun intended )

If the sword is put through Junior Rugby you'd expect the AIC school season to go bye byes , and with that , the GPS preseason and inevitably the GPS School season

FWIW ....I have heard this morning that Water Polo has cancelled competitions in NSW and Victoria but that for now QLD are playing on.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If the self isolation kicks in then all organised sport will be off you'd think

At the moment I'm not so sure. But once cancellation of schools and universities happen - and that seems only a matter of time - club rugby (or sport of any kind) is surely on ice.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So our Chief Medical Officer has just briefed State and Federal Government - and it seems that going to the movies and the gym is fine as is public transport. No mention of Schools and Universities however big focus on "social distancing" around the young that have "more intense interactions" - so it would only seem like a matter of time , especially the doubling rate is projected at 6 days based on current info

And once Schools and Universities go into hiatus so too everything that hangs off that - even our beloved Rugby

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will QPR go ahead this weekend?

On Saturday at the QRU AGM it was a no determination at this stage.

Preferred option seems to be games go ahead with no spectators - clearly this wouldn't be a great outcome for the loss of income but tough times call for tough measures.

Makes the NRL's plea for government compensation laughable - surely there are people/industry who would be more worthy than the poor old NRL e.g. those still suffering from the bushfires, the tourism industry, community clubs like the QPR clubs and other junior sports clubs, etc

Get in line NRL/AFL but you should be at the back of the queue should there be any handouts.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The NRL are classless scumbags asking for a handout while people potentially in harms way to catch this disease and kill their fellow citizen with infection.

I am done with that game. The rapey DV playing group is already a reason to not support them now this out of touch executive management more concerned about their bottom line then the well being of their fans.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Are there any KEY RECRUITS and KEY LOSSES for Easts
I hear they have lost Gordo their Captain, Hayes and Schiller.
Any other mail on the Tigers

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are there any KEY RECRUITS and KEY LOSSES for Easts
I hear they have lost Gordo their Captain, Hayes and Schiller.
Any other mail on the Tigers

KEY RECRUITS

Michael Gunn – work/study
George Francis – Warringah
Alex Smit – Wests
Matt Smit – Wests
Jayden Carroll – Norths
Mika Tela – Souths
Logan Tibbetts
Kirwan Sanday - injury

KEY LOSSES

Tom Milosevic – England
Matt Gordon – London Scottish (England)
Carter Ozanne – Police
Landon Hayes – Scotland
Braden Schiller – Retired
Tyrone Pritchard – Wests
Jone Tiko – Wests
Conrad Antonio – Wests
Phoenix Hunt - Japan

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bugger. Well I guess that means no QPR for at least a month?

Attachments

• 7A64F1F1-DE3F-4E82-B828-532D3220042C.jpeg
    7A64F1F1-DE3F-4E82-B828-532D3220042C.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 274

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bugger. Well I guess that means no QPR for at least a month?

Seems so, however all clubs received this early this morning from ARU/QRU:

"There are a number of meetings occurring today that will allow us to arrive at an endorsed position later today. (possibly early evening) If I could ask all organisations to refrain from taking action that is over above the general health requirements it would be appreciated"

Brothers are probably correct however interesting they ignored it and announced anyway.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
QRU just announced all club rugby (incl Training) suspended until 2 May. Full season to run May - Sept

See QRU Facebook & Website