• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

will

Cheers for that rundog.

Sam Greene misses out on QLD I run-on for Placid, Grammar boys here won't be too happy about that but probably more to do with injury. Terrace boy Dalgleish gets rewarded for form with the QLD I 10 jersey. Ioane, Quigley, Tuttle, Cornelson, Korcyzc, Fakosilea, Pleash, Sikimenti, Gunn, Kallel and Bougoure round out the starters for the GPS boys. AIC represented by Manu and Humphreys.

Dan Preen only real surprise to miss out from QLD last year but his selection in GPS 3 should have warned us of that. Eason gets the utility gig on the QLD I bench with Greene having the backup 10 spot.

For once selections that make sense.

Breakdown by school:
Toowoomba Grammar - 7 (2x QLD 1, 5x QLD 2)
Nudgee College - 5 (3x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
Anglican Church Grammar - 5 (4x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Brisbane Boys College - 5 (4x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
St Edmunds College - 4 (2x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
The Southport School - 3 (3x QLD 2)
Brisbane Grammar School - 3 (2x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Ipswich Grammar School - 3 (2x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Downlands College - 3 (1x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
Kingston State College - 1 (1x QLD 1)
Sunshine Coast Grammar - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Pacific Pines State High School - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Marist College - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Padua College - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Gregory Terrace - 1 (1x QLD 1)
Brisbane State High School - 1 (1x QLD 1)

Quite obvious to see the bias that comes from having a TGS coach as head of the selection.... TGS won't even come top 5.

B

Bob Smith

Shipperley and Fitzgerald played the final trial in GPS2 and GPS1 respectively. both looked in good form. It is a curiosity the number of TGS boys..as said likely to run fifth.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
AIC a lot weaker than they were last year, they pale in comparison to the AIC 1 side that nearly knocked off GPS 1 in 2011. A weaker competition all round has seen a drop in the standard from 2011 which was as close to GPS AIC has ever come in terms of all round standard.

Agree with this but also surprised by what I thought were poor results from AIC teams. While I did not attend the games the results indicate that AIC were not close to GPS teams on the whole ( yes I note the close game between the no. 1 sides). However, the GPS boys have hardly any match fitness compared to previous years and the AIC boys were coming off around 10 weeks of solid rugby.

B

Bob Smith

Agree with this but also surprised by what I thought were poor results from AIC teams. While I did not attend the games the results indicate that AIC were not close to GPS teams on the whole ( yes I note the close game between the no. 1 sides). However, the GPS boys have hardly any match fitness compared to previous years and the AIC boys were coming off around 10 weeks of solid rugby.

B

Bob Smith

Have the state teams been dumbed down to give a more even spread to schools who perhaps might not otherwise had reps in the teams. Seems that way to some. Apart from TGS is there is a lessening of appointees from the GPS schools ?

B

Bob Smith

Have the state teams been dumbed down to give a more even spread to schools who perhaps might not otherwise had reps in the teams. Seems that way to some. Apart from TGS is there is a lessening of appointees from the GPS schools ?

We will nonetheless enjoy the Rugby.

C

Casey95

has oppenheimer pulled out he isn't in the CS team on the ASRU site
he's pulled out with the same injury that kept him out of the final GPS games and, in turn, the QLD teams

Status
Not open for further replies.