• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I am trying to find info on the schoolboy trials coming up at the end of this week and once again there seems to be a severe lack of information or communication.

Can anyone post games and times?

Banger

Frank Nicholson (4)
Friday
Chairman's v GPS3 4pm
AIC V GPS1 5:45
CSS V GPS 2 7pm

Saturday
CSS v AIC 11am
Chairman's v GPS 2 12:15
GPS 1 v GPS 3 1:30

Teams announced 5pm Saturday on Reds website.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
I am trying to find info on the schoolboy trials coming up at the end of this week and once again there seems to be a severe lack of information or communication.

Can anyone post games and times?

DS, haven't heard this has changed:
2014 Qld Schools.JPG

Pedro Imhoff

Frank Row (1)
Friday June 20 Ballymore

GPS 3 vs Chairman’s 4.30pm

GPS 1 vs AIC 1 5.45pm

CSS vs GPS 2 7.00pm

Saturday June 21 Ballymore

CSS vs AIC 1 11am

Chairman’s vs GPS 2 12.15pm

GPS 1 vs GPS 3 1.30pm

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So is the chairmans team a combination of AIC and CSS players?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Has anyone been able to find the CSS teams?

All I've been able to locate are the following:

CSS 1st XV:
Peter Flitcroft (PLC)
Sam Hicks (St Col)
Liam Ireland (St Col)
Chris Morgan (STCC)
Xavier Poncini (Unity)
Jordan Tupai-ui (St Col)
CSS Chairman’s XV:
Reef Calvi (NSHS)
Peter-Rhys Matthews (SCGS)
Brad Morgan (STCC)
Andrew Ramsden (SCGS)

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Yes King, I believe you are correct, original half for GPS3, Reuben Wall, is injured and not playing trials

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Not sure about anyone else, but in my opinion Jack Rogers, the fullback for CSS, was the player of the day. I'd never heard of him until a few days ago when a friend advised me to watch out for the son of Matt Rogers, and boy was he good. He blew Clifton Setu out of the water, and is absolutely my bolter to start at fullback for the Queensland Schoolboys, relegating Setu to a wing spot or the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Not sure about anyone else, but in my opinion Jack Rogers, the fullback for CSS, was the player of the day.

He was at TSS last year (mostly 2nd XV), and was expecting him to feature in the First XV this year. When he wasn't listed in any trial teams, I thought he must have been in Year 12 last year and finished.
So was surprised to see him in the CSS team listed at Palm Beach Currumbin HS.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
He was at TSS last year (mostly 2nd XV), and was expecting him to feature in the First XV this year. When he wasn't listed in any trial teams, I thought he must have been in Year 12 last year and finished.
So was surprised to see him in the CSS team listed at Palm Beach Currumbin HS.

He was sublime HJ. Wonder why he's no longer at the school.

Funnily enough I was talking to one of the boys who trialled today and we got talking about Rogers. I made the comment that if he's in grade 11 this year I would bet my life savings he ends up at a GPS school next year.

Guess I got my order wrong way around

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure about anyone else, but in my opinion Jack Rogers, the fullback for CSS, was the player of the day. I'd never heard of him until a few days ago when a friend advised me to watch out for the son of Matt Rogers, and boy was he good. He blew Clifton Setu out of the water, and is absolutely my bolter to start at fullback for the Queensland Schoolboys, relegating Setu to a wing spot or the bench

Not sure what game you watched, i saw him drop the ball at least 3 to 4 times and missed as many tackles and several resulted in tries, glad you only have a say on this forum and not in the selections.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
There was a post in the last couple of weeks on another thread lamenting the change of terms the GPS rugby is played.

Judging by the performances last night between the GPS and AIC players, either the gap is growing or the difference in season starting times benefits GPS boys more.

The difference in Strength and Conditioning between the two comps looking at the best of the respective comps players is miles apart. In addition the GPS boys looked fresher and more energetic to the lethargy of the AIC boys.

Browndog

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure what game you watched, i saw him drop the ball at least 3 to 4 times and missed as many tackles and several resulted in tries, glad you only have a say on this forum and not in the selections.
Well said. Put Clifton behind the GPS1 pack and it would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.