• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Teams 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
There is an Australian U18 team announced on Monday 23/09 following the Academy games being played on Sunday.

That team goes straight into camp at Nudgee before flying out to play games in NZ.

Not sure if this would take precedence over NRC for Carter, but he would be eligible for selection, as is Pasitoa.

So Carter is probably preparing for the URC like Lucas did last year. Was fringe NRC, had a great URC and kicked on to do great things this year.

Henry is not eligible for u20's next year. Was incredible for Wests this year in 1st grade and is a future professional no doubt. There is not one tool in the kit he doesn't have. I have him for more advanced than some of his highly rated peers like Oates and Twidale IMO

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
There seems to be a lot of Qlders at the Western Force - Sampson, Tessmann, Ready, Prior, Placid, just off the top of my head. Sure that there would be others.

Sampson would know a lot of these players from Qld Premier Rugby when he coached Easts - certainly Ready played for him and he would have seen Jake Strachan play against Easts and probably more.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Good to see Bryce Hegarty join the City team for this weekends match up. Both teams will step up this weekend with both teams starting their stronger options. Rotation has been good to introduce these fringe players to NRC but it’s time to play some better footy and give players the confidence leading into next season. I think it will be a close one.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
If I may put my 2 cents in... Queensland country backline should stay the same next week, they looked much better than last week (special mention to Rohan).. However, Brisbane city backline should be the following IMO:

9. Moses Sorovi
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Jordan Luke
12. Isaac Henry
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Teti Tela/Lawson Creighton
15. Bryce Hegarty
21. Nick Chapman (if Sorovi looks to be having a game like today I’d be getting Chapman on pretty quickly at halfback. I’m not saying Sorovi was poor, but they need a back up 9, particularly if Sorovi is having an off day)
22. Teti Tela/Lawson Creighton
23. Sefa Naivalu (defence has been poor and fitness might be an issue, so he may be able to do some strong runs from outside centre in the last 20)

I’ve put Hegarty at 15 but I’m not entirely sure how he is fitness/health wise. I definitely wouldn’t be moving him to 10 as Lucas has played every game there so far and looked good.

With regards to the forwards, Brisbane city were outplayed today, particularly in the first half. I’d have to think Jim would be rethinking his starting side forwards-wise also (2 changes maximum though).

I’m so intrigued to see what the Q country boys look like next week off the back of this strong win!

Side note: some absolute shite calls by refs

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Where’s Alex Mafi and Liam Writght, saw the later running water for Queensland Country, but Alex Mafi hasn’t been sighted all season i don’t think?

Is there workload been managed after playing a lot of rugby this season?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
If I may put my 2 cents in. Queensland country backline should stay the same next week, they looked much better than last week (special mention to Rohan).. However, Brisbane city backline should be the following IMO:

9. Moses Sorovi
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Jordan Luke
12. Isaac Henry
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Teti Tela/Lawson Creighton
15. Bryce Hegarty
21. Nick Chapman (if Sorovi looks to be having a game like today I’d be getting Chapman on pretty quickly at halfback. I’m not saying Sorovi was poor, but they need a back up 9, particularly if Sorovi is having an off day)
22. Teti Tela/Lawson Creighton
23. Sefa Naivalu (defence has been poor and fitness might be an issue, so he may be able to do some strong runs from outside centre in the last 20)

I’ve put Hegarty at 15 but I’m not entirely sure how he is fitness/health wise. I definitely wouldn’t be moving him to 10 as Lucas has played every game there so far and looked good.

With regards to the forwards, Brisbane city were outplayed today, particularly in the first half. I’d have to think Jim would be rethinking his starting side forwards-wise also (2 changes maximum though).

I’m so intrigued to see what the Q country boys look like next week off the back of this strong win!

Side note: some absolute shite calls by refs

IMO Issac Henry doesn’t get enough game time or ball to strengthen the backs. Lucas seems to cut Henry out of play even if it’s the best option. I picked it a few weeks ago and watched more closely on the weekend. Henry and Palsami could cause an upset and put more points on the board but the ball just isn’t there. Wouldn’t mind seeing Henry kick for goal from the side line but Lucas isn’t keen to hand that ball over. Time for the coaches to rethink their strategy. Wouldn’t mind seeing these guys start next week -
9. Sorovi
10. Hegarty
11. Luke
12. Henry
13. Palsami
14. Creighton
15. Lucas

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah you’re right. Not the best at passing. Palsami is good getting the ball close to the try line and breaking his way through. Change my starters - 12. Tela 13. Henry.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
I like the fact that Henry holds the ball in both hands and gives the attack so many options. Easy to see how he has played 10 before and having another playmaker such as Henry would allow Lucas to run the ball a bit more without stunting the attacking line and to me, Lucas’ ability to break the line is probably his biggest strength . I think criticism of hunter is warranted even if it is a bit harsh.

B

Bobby Sands

Paisami seemed to get a lot of touches this past weekend, but the ball dies with him. Just another No 13 who can't/won't pass to his outside men.

I'd guess that it is because he is from Melbourne. His rugby career down there would consisted of minimal passing in game or in training.

Most well-drilled setups warm up with catch-pass drills EVERY session.

B

Bobby Sands

I like the fact that Henry holds the ball in both hands and gives the attack so many options. Easy to see how he has played 10 before and having another playmaker such as Henry would allow Lucas to run the ball a bit more without stunting the attacking line and to me, Lucas’ ability to break the line is probably his biggest strength . I think criticism of hunter is warranted even if it is a bit harsh.

It is the best rugby habit you can have (other than maybe holding the ball in your outside hand when running down the sideline, Samu!) but yet it is so under-rated and very few footballers in Australia do it. Jordy Petaia does it however.

Status
Not open for further replies.