1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QSRU - Queensland Suburban Rugby

Discussion in 'Subbies Rugby' started by new recruit_ brisbane, Jan 9, 2018.

1. new recruit_ brisbane Ted Fahey (11)

Forfeit central
  2. TerryS Bob McCowan (2)

So a bit of movement.

Barber Cup (21st of March to 18th July)
    Riverside 1st XV
    Goodna 1st XV
    Pine Rivers
    Brisbane Irish 1st XV
    Redlands

Everton Park who only started training on the 13th of February are out of any Division at the moment.

Pegg Cup (21st of March to 18th July)
    North lakes
    Southern Bay
    Hustlers
    Ipswich 1st XV
    Springfield
    Goodna 2nd XV

Goodna 2nd currently playing at different fields to thier firsts teams

Normanby (27th of March to 26th June)
    Ipswich 2nd XV
    Irish 2nd XV
    Riverside 2nd XV
    Logan

While I doubt this will stay correct it means a loss of four clubs from last year with UQ Med, Colleges Knights, Redcliffe and Everton park gone from the Competition.

PS. Updated Twice on the 17th due to changes through out the day.
  3. Horrie Vincent Frank Row (1)

Why would Wynnum want to return to this circus? They get to play a decent opposition each Saturday in the Sunny Coast comp. Just think of it like Australia being in Eurovision.
  4. TerryS Bob McCowan (2)

You wouldn't. Curious what is happening. 5/6 years ago it was announced that Logan would move to Premier Rugby. 2 years ago EP one a comp. Ipswich used to be a power house. What has made this happen?
  5. new recruit_ brisbane Ted Fahey (11)

Poor competition manager - lead to majority of one sided games and forfeits. The standard of rugby is about half of what it was 5-6 years ago.

If you look at the standard of the Sunshine Coast comp - i would highly doubt any QSRU club would be competitive.
  6. TerryS Bob McCowan (2)

OK. So a bit of a update for those interested.

The Saturday Comp is combined for what appears to be the first 9 rounds. Goodna the only club that looked to have a Second Saturday team have dropped that team. I am assuming playing at different fields would make numbers tough considering reserves.

Saturday.

Riverside
    Irish
    Redlands
    Ipswich
    North Lakes
    Springfield
    Southern Bay
    Goodna
    Hustlers

Friday remains the four teams with Logan, Irish, Riverside and Ipswich to play over 12 rounds.
  7. new recruit_ brisbane Ted Fahey (11)

This seems like beginning of the end for Subbies
  8. TerryS Bob McCowan (2)

Interesting thing that I heard on the weekend. Due to everybody having to use the Rugby Explorer App it means that Goodna that had enough at training to suggest they can field two teams did not have enough registered to field one in a pre season game.

People having to pay my be the thing killing subbies rugby..