• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QSRU - Queensland Suburban Rugby

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Normany Cup at the moment has dropped to five teams.

Ipswich,
Brisbane Irish,
Beaudesert,
Riverside,
Logan City.

Wests, Souths, UQ Med and Colleges Knights gone from last year. Logan City in. A lot of travel for the Friday nighters so that will be interesting.

Forfeit central

TerryS

Bob McCowan (2)
So a bit of movement.

Barber Cup (21st of March to 18th July)
Riverside 1st XV
Goodna 1st XV
Pine Rivers
Brisbane Irish 1st XV
Redlands

Everton Park who only started training on the 13th of February are out of any Division at the moment.

Pegg Cup (21st of March to 18th July)
North lakes
Southern Bay
Hustlers
Ipswich 1st XV
Springfield
Goodna 2nd XV

Goodna 2nd currently playing at different fields to thier firsts teams

Normanby (27th of March to 26th June)
Ipswich 2nd XV
Irish 2nd XV
Riverside 2nd XV
Logan

While I doubt this will stay correct it means a loss of four clubs from last year with UQ Med, Colleges Knights, Redcliffe and Everton park gone from the Competition.

PS. Updated Twice on the 17th due to changes through out the day.

Horrie Vincent

Frank Row (1)
Why would Wynnum want to return to this circus? They get to play a decent opposition each Saturday in the Sunny Coast comp. Just think of it like Australia being in Eurovision.

TerryS

Bob McCowan (2)
Why would Wynnum want to return to this circus? They get to play a decent opposition each
Saturday in the Sunny Coast comp. Just think of it like Australia being in Eurovision.

You wouldn't. Curious what is happening. 5/6 years ago it was announced that Logan would move to Premier Rugby. 2 years ago EP one a comp. Ipswich used to be a power house. What has made this happen?

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You wouldn't. Curious what is happening. 5/6 years ago it was announced that Logan would move to Premier Rugby. 2 years ago EP one a comp. Ipswich used to be a power house. What has made this happen?

Poor competition manager - lead to majority of one sided games and forfeits. The standard of rugby is about half of what it was 5-6 years ago.

If you look at the standard of the Sunshine Coast comp - i would highly doubt any QSRU club would be competitive.

TerryS

Bob McCowan (2)
OK. So a bit of a update for those interested.

The Saturday Comp is combined for what appears to be the first 9 rounds. Goodna the only club that looked to have a Second Saturday team have dropped that team. I am assuming playing at different fields would make numbers tough considering reserves.

Saturday.

Riverside
Irish
Redlands
Ipswich
North Lakes
Springfield
Southern Bay
Goodna
Hustlers

Friday remains the four teams with Logan, Irish, Riverside and Ipswich to play over 12 rounds.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
OK. So a bit of a update for those interested.

The Saturday Comp is combined for what appears to be the first 9 rounds. Goodna the only club that looked to have a Second Saturday team have dropped that team. I am assuming playing at different fields would make numbers tough considering reserves.

Saturday.

Riverside
Irish
Redlands
Ipswich
North Lakes
Springfield
Southern Bay
Goodna
Hustlers

Friday remains the four teams with Logan, Irish, Riverside and Ipswich to play over 12 rounds.

This seems like beginning of the end for Subbies

TerryS

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting thing that I heard on the weekend. Due to everybody having to use the Rugby Explorer App it means that Goodna that had enough at training to suggest they can field two teams did not have enough registered to field one in a pre season game.

People having to pay my be the thing killing subbies rugby......

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Looking from afar, seems like a lot of these clubs are just not able to exist next to QRU Premier.

Sydney Subbies feeling those pressure as well

tighthead show and go

Bob McCowan (2)
I think that might be right. Lots of depth and grades in QPR without players filtering out to Subbies.

Obviously a problem for subbies. Makes it hard for struggling clubs to attract players into subbies while they’re in the doldrums.