• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
It is seriously a non-issue... He probably had a few drinks, got fed up at all this "Project Cooper is bust" articles floating around after being told by coaching staff he did an ok job on Saturday night...

Chieka said it best: "Obviously we can't have the language, that's a mistake. He's owned up to that. It's all about discipline and we're all trying to improve our discipline. It's not ideal but I think the way he's explained it, he's explained how he's felt about it. He's a human being as well.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Aah Quade. Right or wrong? That's not the question.

Professional vs amateurish and juvenile? That is the real question.

And learn to spell will you?

Not very smart this one.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Let's have every sportman swear at will on social media.

Let's fucking have it then.

Not sure if that is tongue-in-cheek Blue? The use of the f-word in today's society is pretty far reaching. Geesh, the last live match I saw was AUS v ENG at Twickenham last year and I had taken my 8 & 10 year old boys with me.....let's just say that the language coming from the field and from those seated around me was a heck of a lot more colorful than the f-word.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
My problem was that it didn't make sense.

So he wants ME to invite him to MY team meeting, and then to ask HIM what HE thinks of OUR team?

I mean, he's more than welcome to come to the pub on Thursday night and chew the fat with us, but I don't really expect him to care if we pick Davo at 10 or 12 this week, or if Benny's thumb has gotten better. I'd be surprised if he even has an opinion.

Oh, and he used 'you're' instead of 'your'. Now that deserved an apology.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
storm-in-a-teacup.jpeg

T

Train Without a Station

I must say as stupid and foolish as it was, Quade's responded well to the matter:

As footballers, we're still human beings. We've got feelings. I bit back at a bit of criticism and I used some language that probably shouldn't have been used. There was some online criticism directed at me personally. I'm disappointed in that but I'm human, I've got feelings. That's it.

I've never been one to read into media but this one time it caught my eye. I'm disappointed in myself for getting trapped in that. At the end of the day, it got to me this one time. I'm disappointed in the language I used more than anything.

I think that's where it got me. It's disappointing that people on the outside are still having a crack at us. This team means so much to me that when people on the outside are throwing stones, it kind of got to me. I shouldn't let that happen but it just shows the passion for this team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Take the phones off them.

Allow them to have supervised access to their Social Media accounts for limited periods only.

Problem goes away.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Take the phones off them.

Allow them to have supervised access to their Social Media accounts for limited periods only.

Problem goes away.
The "free" marketing that Quade's twitter (450k followers) and Instagram (250k followers) provide is worth way to much to the QRU and ARU to limit it.

If you know how have a look at some of the abuse that routinely gets sent his way too. It's amazing that there aren't more social media faux pas

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not sure if that is tongue-in-cheek Blue? The use of the f-word in today's society is pretty far reaching. Geesh, the last live match I saw was AUS v ENG at Twickenham last year and I had taken my 8 & 10 year old boys with me...let's just say that the language coming from the field and from those seated around me was a heck of a lot more colorful than the f-word.

Yes that was tongue in cheek. At least I think so :)

My daughter keeps an F Word jar in our house. It cleaned up my act.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Treating players like 5 year olds will cause many more problems than it will solve.
You mean like having to give them specific rules about how late and how drunk they can get the week leading into a test match?

(I know, I know - 5 year olds shouldn't be getting drunk - but that's not the point).

something

Jim Clark (26)
he went from being a good player but a shit bloke, to a good bloke but a shit player.... i preferred QC (Quade Cooper) version 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.