• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well my lad finished his last game, so unless he suddenly decides to repeat y12 I am going to be just an occasional viewer of this forum until number 3 son hits the scene. Many thanks to all those who liked my posts, and many many thanks to all those who posted and gave me something to think about or smile about. I think that GPS rugby is an awesome competition, and in so many ways the best rugby in the country. The large lady has sung. Goodnight, farewell and thank you.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
I hope you know the way to TSS. :D

TSS 51 d BBC 17

At 13-10 at half-time & with TSS having a player in the bin -I was about to text you-I was that confident.What happened in the 2nd half was a rugby lesson in intensity by TSS.Congrats to Mitch Third -the most dominant display by a player all year -made Nathan Russell ,a very good player- look very ordinary..
Congrats to you Taipan-you have proved the most successful and knowledgeable tipster on this forum all year. I take my hat off to you.

BBC may have many players coming back but huge holes with no flyhalf,hooker or dominant props.2014 will be mid -table at best.I like the look of ACGS for next year.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
I do not think this is correct.James Horwill captained the 15A s to an undefeated season in 2004 or 2002.

I believe James Horwill was 15A captain 2000. Saw cricket photo 14A of him dated 1999.

Can someone from BBC tell us what year James finished school. 2003? Thanks

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
I do not think this is correct.James Horwill captained the 15A s to an undefeated season in 2004 or 2002.

No, that team actually lost 2 of their games, according to BBC record books that is. So it stands.

BBC may have many players coming back but huge holes with no flyhalf,hooker or dominant props.2014 will be mid -table at best.I like the look of ACGS for next year.

BBC have luke peterson (3) repeating and also Bronson has a chance of going around again, Max Dempsey (9), and several flyhalfs, from seconds, 16s and 15s, depth wont be a problem next year with all the boys who missed out this year, having the chance of coming into the team next year, and also a huge amount of boys in the 15s who will push the places of some older blokes, so I dont see any problems with depth there GSP
, maybe consistency though.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
No, that team actually lost 2 of their games, according to BBC record books that is. So it stands.

BBC have luke peterson (3) repeating and also Bronson has a chance of going around again, Max Dempsey (9), and several flyhalfs, from seconds, 16s and 15s, depth wont be a problem next year with all the boys who missed out this year, having the chance of coming into the team next year, and also a huge amount of boys in the 15s who will push the places of some older blokes, so I dont see any problems with depth there GSP
, maybe consistency though.
The scrum wont an issue for BBC in 2014, they more than held their own against TSS on the weekend, in fact they often got the shove on the older TSS scrum on Saturday.
BBC's 16's front row and 2nd's front row (Lazarus and Kahn) have been strong this year and Peterson will be for his third (!) season in the 1st XV. I don't think Bronson is returning, he ran on with the leaving players on the weekend.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
The scrum wont an issue for BBC in 2014, they more than held their own against TSS on the weekend, in fact they often got the shove on the older TSS scrum on Saturday.
BBC's 16's front row and 2nd's front row (Lazarus and Kahn) have been strong this year and Peterson will be for his third (!) season in the 1st XV. I don't think Bronson is returning, he ran on with the leaving players on the weekend.

My sources told me Bronson is definitely repeating.

Priemership

Frank Row (1)
My sources told me Bronson is definitely repeating.

Hey Taipan,
I think you'll find this to be unlikely with all the talent pooled up at the college.

On other news, Josh Bowen has been called up to the Australian A team. There must be an injury to a fullback/fly half?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hey Taipan,
I think you'll find this to be unlikely with all the talent pooled up at the college.

On other news, Josh Bowen has been called up to the Australian A team. There must be an injury to a fullback/fly half?

Adrian Delore broke his collarbone last week. An Australia A 10/15 must have been called up, leaving a spot open for Bowen.

And Taipan168 - if BBC are denying it this early, it's definitely true..

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just out of curiosity, is Alex Mafi any relation to Leicester Tiger's Australian-born player Sitiveni 'Steve' Mafi?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Adrian Delore broke his collarbone last week. An Australia A 10/15 must have been called up, leaving a spot open for Bowen.

And Taipan168 - if BBC are denying it this early, it's definitely true..
Interesting news on Delore.

On the Aust Schools thread,i t is being reported that Joey Lussick (NEW) has pulled out of Australia A to focus on Australia Mungo Schoolboys, and that Bowen had probably been called up into Aust A to cover him.

In addition to Bowen, there may be another call up coming for someone to replace Delore or Lussick. http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...-schools-national-championships.12279/page-31

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Interesting news on Delore.

On the Aust Schools thread,i t is being reported that Joey Lussick (NEW) has pulled out of Australia A to focus on Australia Mungo Schoolboys, and that Bowen had probably been called up into Aust A to cover him.

In addition to Bowen, there may be another call up coming for someone to replace Delore or Lussick. http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...-schools-national-championships.12279/page-31

I doubt the call up will come from Queensland (the GPS at least). The only two outstanding halfback prospects are Fines-Leleiwasa and Tuttle, both already included.

Nucifora and Pilz from Churchie and Nudgee respectively are currently in the u/16 squad for Queensland, and I don't think they would be ready to play an "international". Nucifora has a ripper pass on him though.

Can't comment on his standard of play besides that he's strong for his size, Moses Sorovi from the AIC comp played QLD White in the u/17's this year, so he's probably the next safest bet.

But, I'm almost certain an AAGPS player will be picked

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I doubt the call up will come from Queensland (the GPS at least). The only two outstanding halfback prospects are Fines-Leleiwasa and Tuttle, both already included.

Nucifora and Pilz from Churchie and Nudgee respectively are currently in the u/16 squad for Queensland, and I don't think they would be ready to play an "international". Nucifora has a ripper pass on him though.

Can't comment on his standard of play besides that he's strong for his size, Moses Sorovi from the AIC comp played QLD White in the u/17's this year, so he's probably the next safest bet.

But, I'm almost certain an AAGPS player will be picked

I don't believe Fines-Leleiwasa is already included? He would have to be odds on to fill the role...

Status
Not open for further replies.