• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
I am already looking forward to 2015 preseason hype!!

BAG, you would have thought the BBC supporters would have learnt. Honestly some of them would give Nurofen a headache.

I think last week was their quietest week on the Blog and look what happened....their lads beat a very good Terrace team, with some very good rugby. In fact the Terrace boys were great too!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Taipan I think it might be Nawi (not to sure on the spelling ) quietly spoken boy plays on the wing. Won the 100 and 200m at the met north regionals last week.
Another NC U14 track and field star that seems to be flying under the radar on this forum to date is Mitch Wood came 2nd to Nawi in the 200m by half a metre and won the 400m and shot put, he's the captain of the team and plays blindside flanker.

Isaiah Naawi is not new. He was in the 13A last year.
The only new player, apart from Small and Tautau, is Harrison Jennings.:confused:
Congrats to Liam Richman (NC First XV) fullback.
Promoted from 15A (2013) to First XV(2014)
Well done

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Spikhaza

Can you give us the complete BBC v GT under 14 results.

U14A – NC 59 d BSHS 7, IGS 29 d BGS 7, BBC 12 drew GT 12, TSS 10 drew ACGS 10.
U14B - IGS 34 d BGS 5, GT 29 d BBC 7, NC 79 d BSHS 0, TSS 12 d ACGS 0.
U14C - BBC 32 d GT 15, ACGS 67 d TSS 0.
U14D - BBC 31 d GT 14, ACGS 32 d TSS 17.
U14E - GT 38 d BBC 7.
U14 Supplementary - NC14Red 26 d GT14f 7.

pocock101

Frank Row (1)
The only new player, apart from Small and Tautau, is Harrison Jennings.:confused:
Well done

Whos Harrison Jennings for the u14 NC ?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
There's no hype about Terrace I am afraid.
With good reason.
Although they are a smokey for the 2020 premiership!

Don't you worry about GT some good talent coming through - wont be favorites but the again won't be bitter disappointments either.

Thumper

Bob McCowan (2)
Have to jump on the Churchie band wagon, my boys play in the TSS lower age groups but ACGS first XV, nicely polished, calm and controlled (buggers).
They are definitely not the best School boy team I have seen but impressive which ever way you look at it. TSS controlled the effectiveness of Ponga pretty well the #13 included, ACGS #8 Aussie School boy made a good run or two to start with than was well and truly sat on his rear end there after by the TSS #7 Allen (very underrated) who apparently will line up again next year, my boys said he played for the Brumbies in Canberra, is this true?
TSS #8 played wide again, looked like it was part of the game plan though.
My favourite player is the #15, Freddy, tough as nails and good kid, give him a free night out with the Hilda's girls.
TSS first five did not give great service as other people have suggested, in fact he looked lost on more occasions than not, he is an excellent support player though. Much of his indecision may be that his combo with the new half is limited.
3 pts to #15. Boys will follow him in the trenchers.
2 pts to # one of the second rowers (cant remember his num).
1 pt to # 7.The kid does not let up even when others drop their heads.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Well done
Didn't say Naawi was new, but people seem to be banging on about 3 new boys one being a track and field star. As far as I can understand the only T&F stars would be either Wood, Naawi or Blackmore that were part of NC's GPS track team from last year.
From the Met North Regionals last week.
Wood, 2 golds & a silver
Naawi, 2 golds
Tuatua, 1 gold
Blackmore, 1 silver
Small, 1 silver

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Don't you worry about GT some good talent coming through - wont be favorites but the again won't be bitter disappointments either.
Just stirring BAG. GT have impressed a lot this season and years ahead look promising. But to win the comp you need to win the arms race.

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes the TSS#8 is interesting - I don't know if he was playing to a game plan or not but he played very wide both in attack and defence which seemed like a waste at the contest. I know nothing about his background but I wouldn't be surprised he was one of those 'victims' that when in the lower age groups they play the biggest and most mobile back rowers and put them at No12 to play a crash ball role and he hasn't adjusted - but at GPS First XV level I am sure that he wouldn't be playing at #8 if he hadn't 'adjusted'.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Just stirring BAG. GT have impressed a lot this season and years ahead look promising. But to win the comp you need to win the arms race.

Really? With only 3 grade 11 players in this years firsts and a weak/small U16's age group I'm thinking they are going to struggle. Some big men are lacking in the forwards. It will be interesting to see how Dr Carrol from St Pat's who takes the role of principal next year influences the schools rugby program.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Taipan why the new #15, is Chunky Lane injured?
Good effort to make Firsts as an u15.
I believe Connellan is giving him experience for next year.
Rob Lane has done nothing wrong to be demoted to 2nds.
That's Richman in background.
NCvTSStry2014.jpg

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Well done
Wow ... You must rate him ... Was he the only player to move from 15A ??? Maybe you should do your homework ... We have a few over here at BBC. Sure you don't have more ..

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Taipan why the new #15, is Chunky Lane injured?
Good effort to make Firsts as an u15.
I think you'll find that Richman is actually one of those kids who has had to go up due to the age change. He trialled the whole pre season against Moseley for the #10 position.... No disrespect but absolutely no contest..... Richman started the season injured, has come back for a couple of games at #15, but at the expense of Chunky Lane. Rumour has it Richman injured himself last weekend. Out for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.