• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
"I think you'll find that Richman is actually one of those kids who has had to go up due to the age change."

Richman is born 1998 so is U16 this year so not forced up. Has some genuine ability but susceptible to injury. Has played most of his rugby at 10. Sorry to see him injured. It will frustrate his dad who spends most of his time pacing the sidelines like an expectant father. Maybe next year.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Bad luck for richmann maybe next year he might get through a whole season of a sport .. He is a fair cricketer too ... Maybe that's his sport ... ???

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
Didn't say Naawi was new, but people seem to be banging on about 3 new boys one being a track and field star. As far as I can understand the only T&F stars would be either Wood, Naawi or Blackmore that were part of NC's GPS track team from last year.
From the Met North Regionals last week.
Wood, 2 golds & a silver
Naawi, 2 golds
Tuatua, 1 gold
Blackmore, 1 silver
Small, 1 silver

The 3 new boys are "National" T&F champs, not regional. They complete with the best in the country, not region...besides Tautau and Small I am unfamiliar with the other boys that complete at this level?

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
We have made that mistake 2 years in a row . It will not happen again . Even with 12 boys back there will be NO pre season hype.

Two of the most import things in the success of BBC in 2015 will be the absence of Barker and Stevenson, they have created the factions with in the team by selecting and recruiting under performing players, the problem was there last year, but they were lucky enough to have the boot of Boyer-Bowen to give them an edge.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
Didn't say Naawi was new, but people seem to be banging on about 3 new boys one being a track and field star. As far as I can understand the only T&F stars would be either Wood, Naawi or Blackmore that were part of NC's GPS track team from last year.
From the Met North Regionals last week.
Wood, 2 golds & a silver
Naawi, 2 golds
Tuatua, 1 gold
Blackmore, 1 silver
Small, 1 silver
Shepherd got 2 gold & a silver last week as well, not a bad hall from 1 team.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Two of the most import things in the success of BBC in 2015 will be the absence of Barker and Stevenson, they have created the factions with in the team by selecting and recruiting under performing players, the problem was there last year, but they were lucky enough to have the boot of Boyer-Bowen to give them an edge.
Can not altogether agree with this.
From what I hear there has been too many people at BBC thinking they are coaches.
What BBC needs is a strong coach who can communicate effectively and who is involved in all aspects all of the time of training.
But who wants the job?

JAKE_THE_PEG

Frank Row (1)
Only was the 2nd win but they played as a team.
Not a team of individuals.
Was absolute guts to hold on to the end of the game and was the best forward game I have seen them play.
They played with brains and to the game plan against a free flowing back line from GT.
Dempsey again for a little guy played with a heart bigger than himself.
Was great to see them play for each other.
Was uplifting to see the Old Boys enjoying their day at BBC as the college had turned it on with basketball, gymnastics and reunions well done BBC.
Pressure brings the best out in people, right? Both GT and BBC had an opportunity to put a small gap between their respective teams, and the SPOON MADE OF WOOD, and it clearly did them some good.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Jack07 (and a few others as well): Rule 2.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/
2. Everyone with 50 posts needs an avatar, or a terribly amusing one will be supplied by the moderators.

How to select your avatar?
Click on the little triangle thingy next to your user name in the green menu bar at the top right to bring up a drop down window like this one on the left below.

Click on "Avatar" to bring up the Avatar Editor popup window similar to that on the right above and then follow your nose from there to select your avatar image.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Just stirring BAG. GT have impressed a lot this season and years ahead look promising. But to win the comp you need to win the arms race.

This has been an outstanding competition across the board I have seen most of GT's games and trials and it is hard to believe they have only won one game.

I still believe they may have an upset in them before it is all said and done.

The quality in the also rans like IGS, TGS, BSHS BBC and GT has been very impressive. Just makes ACGS performance (possibly unbeaten) all the more impressive.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
@Jack07 (and a few others as well): Rule 2.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/

How to select your avatar?
Click on the little triangle thingy next to your user name in the green menu bar at the top right to bring up a drop down window like this one on the left below.
View attachment 5312

Click on "Avatar" to bring up the Avatar Editor popup window similar to that on the right above and then follow your nose from there to select your avatar image.
Sounds good I leave it to your humour and capable hands

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Really? With only 3 grade 11 players in this years firsts and a weak/small U16's age group I'm thinking they are going to struggle. Some big men are lacking in the forwards. It will be interesting to see how Dr Carrol from St Pat's who takes the role of principal next year influences the schools rugby program.

GT's 16A's have had a reasonable year to date falling to (unbeaten) TSS in a close game and TGS away, size will remain the 'biggest' issue with GT again next year. My guess is they finish higher than this years team!

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Side note, really impressed by the forum this year. Number of contributors has gone up and up and we seem to be less plagued by lunatics playing the ball not the man. Good work team.

Tipping this week:

GT v NC - Nudgee College here easily, but more blood to be spilt in this battle than in Northern Iraq

BGS v BBC - BBC, Grammar haven't been a problem for anyone this year. For the 7th time this season I apologise to king for not tipping his team.

BSHS v TSS - TSS in some form of a canter

TGS v IGS - The only tough tip of the round and I'll take TGS in a rumble on the range.

dargwad

Bob McCowan (2)
Have to jump on the Churchie band wagon, my boys play in the TSS lower age groups but ACGS first XV, nicely polished, calm and controlled (buggers).
They are definitely not the best School boy team I have seen but impressive which ever way you look at it. TSS controlled the effectiveness of Ponga pretty well the #13 included, ACGS #8 Aussie School boy made a good run or two to start with than was well and truly sat on his rear end there after by the TSS #7 Allen (very underrated) who apparently will line up again next year, my boys said he played for the Brumbies in Canberra, is this true?
TSS #8 played wide again, looked like it was part of the game plan though.
My favourite player is the #15, Freddy, tough as nails and good kid, give him a free night out with the Hilda's girls.
TSS first five did not give great service as other people have suggested, in fact he looked lost on more occasions than not, he is an excellent support player though. Much of his indecision may be that his combo with the new half is limited.
3 pts to #15. Boys will follow him in the trenchers.
2 pts to # one of the second rowers (cant remember his num).
1 pt to # 7.The kid does not let up even when others drop their heads.
Yep can confirm. Angus Allen is a product of southern inland rugby and the Brumbies. Great kid from a great family and can play.....

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
"For the 2014 ACGS side, Gillmore was gifted a division leading U15A side when he got to Churchie to which have been added 3 Aust Schools players - Perese Fox and Asiata, an Aust U15 RL player in Ponga and Qld Schools or U16/U18 RL players in Su'A, Croft, Mason and Webb. it wasn't hard to think this would be a side which would strongly contend for the title as I tipped back at the start of the 2014 GPS thread"

holy shit--if this is accurate-then that is sure some firepower.
2 questions:
1) how many back next year:
2) would the beat the NSWGPS winner?

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
And with an average 16a team coming mid table expect a heap of new recruits for next year

The team is not overly average, with some players having abilities and skills such as MacMillan, Hockings, Williams, Macpherson etc. Those players along with the talents coming back next year (B.Croft for example) could make a solid side.

In addition, they have had great patches of play, nearly knocking off the undefeated TSS team on the weekend if their kicker had played better and convincingly beating the Nudgee 16A's some 28-nil.

I don't think there will be an excessive amount of imports in 2015, as it will occur over a two year period to make up a supposedly sublime 2016 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.