• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
With all due respect, I think the 200+ Churchie kids and the 20-30 BBC kids watching the game at Miskin St would agree that the savaging metered out on the hapless BBC 1st XV that day was principally at the hands of the ACGS Piggies. The only stand out backs that day were BBC's halfback, and BBC's winger (cousin of Matty Bowen?)..

[comment deleted by Mod]
Josh Bowen finished at BBC last year whose side played at churchie and beat them in a great game in front of about 100 churchie fans whose team were not fairing so well which was similar to BBCs form but they had a load more supporters than churchie that day.

[comment deleted by Mod]

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
With all due respect, I think the 200+ Churchie kids and the 20-30 BBC kids watching the game at Miskin St would agree that the savaging metered out on the hapless BBC 1st XV that day was principally at the hands of the ACGS Piggies. The only stand out backs that day were BBC's halfback, and BBC's winger (cousin of Matty Bowen?)..
No he is not his cousin.
Why are you going on about BBC crowds?
Did you see how many BSH boys stayed at their ground when BBC played them at home?Did we hear anyone go on about that in the pouring rain?
Did you see how many BGS boys stayed to watch their team in fine weather against BBC?
Lets talk about how many Boys were at BBC for the game against Nudgee- was there enough there that day for you!
My goodness have you nothing better than talk rubbish?
Talk about the rugby mate!
For a BBC dad did you talk about the hard work Philpotts has done for the rugby program getting games for all grades every week so they got a game if the schools did not have the depth-now this is showing how the gps rugby works together.I believe when BBC played BSH they had teams in 3 additional locations so everyone had a game! Well done to Nudgee , GT and Churchie.
Well done to the program, the strength and organizational skills of the man who has as much or more concern for the D teams than the A's, this shows the strength of BBC rugby!
Organizing a 7's mini carnival last weekend as IG are unable to have any other than A games this weekend!
And last weekend was a Bye round!
Again well done BBC

Mitch

Frank Row (1)
King, I'm sorry to say I can't see Oli Fison being the next 'big thing' in GPS fullback land and most definitely will nit act as 'The Prince of Oval No.1'.

I have known of him for a while and didn't think he was anything more then a regular 15A fullback last year and at competing schools (in my opinion), such as Nudgee, I think he would just make the 16A side.

His defence isn't great, as was portrayed on the weekend, letting in numerous tries. Yes I know it was against the premiership team of Churchie but a 'great fullback' would be able to step up on his personal game in such a match.

In terms of attack, he hasn't had much either this season. I truly think he is filling the raw spot of Matthew Forsyth once he moved to Terrace.

Fison wasn't playing fullback against Churchie, are you sure you weren't watching Clancy? I reckon Fison is the real deal.... Geoff

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Fison wasn't playing fullback against Churchie, are you sure you weren't watching Clancy? I reckon Fison is the real deal.. Geoff
He was playing #11 but King was stating for him to move to fullback once BGS #15 leaves next year. I was discussing him playing fullback last year for the U15A side as well. I still can't see how Fison is the next 'big thing', he definitely won't penetrate the defence like a true fullback and his defence won't make up for that fact...

Q

Quakezone

With the end of the term for most schools today... have any matches been completed yet? and are there any games scheduled tomorrow? rather than Saturday...will teams be missing boarders this weekend?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
If anyone has team lists from the BSHS v GT match, that would be very handy, cheers.

GT as announced although maybe Weller played, I was not able to get to the game.

1 Kyle Leofa
2 Tim McMahon
3 Jacob Stanley
4 Isaiah Grace
5 Patrick Carrrigan
6 Ted Porter
7 Connor Moroney
8 George Cox
9 Reuben Wall
10 Alex Horan
11 Karmilo Guido
12 Campbell Grigson
13 Nikau Taukiri-Te Rupe
14 Travers Daniel
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
With the end of the term for most schools today. have any matches been completed yet? and are there any games scheduled tomorrow? rather than Saturday.will teams be missing boarders this weekend?

BGS v TSS on tomorrow, I guess because boarders are more likely to be available.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
No worries Rubyhead on the quote, its true. Actually I spotted Sua at the GPS trials last year and thought watch this space. He was a late replacement for a player in U18 Qld Maroons this year, that I had a lad in. That team were full of U20 squad players and being 16 he was a real stand out.

TheObserver

Frank Row (1)
The only stand out backs that day were BBC's halfback, and BBC's winger (cousin of Matty Bowen?)..

No relation to Matty Bowen........Let me just confirm with everyone that "Josh Bowens" name is actually Josh Bowyer as well.

Onto the crowd situation at BBC, they have had some good turn outs this year however I think a mix between wet weather and form caused the small number. Expect the same against Ipswich with an away game, school holidays, earlier than usual start and only A teams playing. The crowds haven't been that poor and the numbers are still up from previous years.

BBC have built a bit of momentum coming into their final game and think it will be quite close. Hopefully a few 2nd XV boys might get a run at some point. That seems unlikely as The 1st XV coaches don't seem to know what a bench is........Why not run the boys into the ground?

I actually think the BBC program on the whole is going good guns, just a new structure and fresh ideas needed for some of the older boys. Next season will be interesting too see some boys develop and work hard for positions. All the boys across the GPS deserve a well earned break from footy and straight into the books!

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Last Round Ramblings:

BGS V TSS
The Grammar lads will have steam coming from both ears after a tough week last week. I really wouldn't want to be the TSS First XV because they are going to absolutely cop it from 15 very angry BGS boys, who have had to endure a strike by the Grammar teaching staff this week. Getting whooped by 90 is nothing compared to not being able to get into your classroom!
They will come out madder than a wild arab on horseback in a Lawrence of Arabia film for the first half, but TSS will put their heads down, replace the 13Bs (who will actually play the first half), with the Firsts and then cruise to a comfortable victory. They'll then head to the Cocktails and Dreams Night Club and a Strippers Bar on Cavill Av for the end of season TSS Rugby Dinner.
TSS by 45

TGS V NC
T'Ba didn't quite sneak away from the coast last week with a win, but they did grab a few handbags from unsuspecting TSS mums on the way out. The contents of which have kept the boarding house entertained for hours this week. Nudgee will head up the range in a tough last up assignment to try and secure second spot on the ladder, a stumble and TSS catch them to tie second. 4 of them won't make the trip, as they will secretly run on for Terrace in the hope they can instigate an upset against Churchie. That won't work and they'll lose both games.
TGS by 1

GT V ACGS
The Churchie boys will actually play in their Mad Monday outfits and not their jerseys. This will of course put the Terrace boys off and annoy greatly the GT parents, as at least 2 of them will be dressed up as the pope. After a couple of Terrace boys get taken off with injuries caused by the pointy hats the scoreboard will get a little ugly. A large group of Terrace dads will then angrily unplug the new scoreboard and usher the crowd out of the gleaming, new grand stand. The Churchie captain will accept the GPS shield dressed as Amy Winehouse. And the Churchie mums won't look much different at the end of season rugby dinner later that night.
Churchie by 39

IGS V BBC
The Green Army will head west to try and finish in 4th place with a win against the Switchers. Many of the BBC posters on this forum will be there, setting up Hills Hoists so they can air their dirty laundry for all to see. They won't even watch the game as a brawl starts between a few of them as they argue about whether winning the game is a good thing or bad thing. The boys won't notice and the supporters who are there to watch rugby will see one of the better games of the season. The Dirty Laundry lot will be left behind and the IGS Firsts will use them as hit shields in next years pre-season.
BBC by 6

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Last musings from the parish

IGS v BBC
Hebrew settler v displaced Palestinian has nothing on the hatred of those whose acreages border each other in Pullenvale and Pinjarra Hills. The annual battle of the west will see the White Elephants in their final trot entering the match with as much enthusiasm as a hungover Janis Joplin had for triathlon training. IGS will be sporting new tribal ink commemorating another term of school finished and be more than up to the challenge. Expect uproar at the post match function because BBC's version of canapes are not cheerios and corn relish but that's what they'll get. I'm tipping the IGS Captain's speech to contain 10 + references to "youse". IGS dads will be playing a drinking game, skolling a Woodstock Bourbon for every BBC dad whose name is "Rupert". IGS by 5.

BGS v TSS
Not sure what BGS defence coach Dammers had to say in his match review this week but 92-0 suggests he hasn't taught the BGS blokes much about defence. The pain was compounded because he was not able to get back to the drawing board with BGS classrooms under strike action. TSS will audition their Youth 7s teams in each half and still bamboozle Grammar. TSS scoreboard attendants will suffer RSI until one decides to start putting Maths B sums on the board henceforth totally distracting the BGS team and crowd. St Hildas girls will streak at half time prompting BGS parents to explain to their sons why girls look different in the nude to boys. TSS by 50+

NC v TGS
The Mountain Men have been the closest to taming the Churchie juggernaut and can do the same to the Butcher Stripes if they adopt the same approach - get right up in their face like Elton John in the Vienna Boys Choir changerooms. NC will not have had have the money to spend on the altitude training Churchie employed before ascending the range and therefore prioritised this week's selections around Islanders who lived on the slopes of volcanoes before taking their scholarships at NC. Losing the match and enduring the lonely ride home is as popular as a prostate exam from Edward Scissorhands so NC will be keen to say they at least came second to a red hot Churchie side but TGS know they can do it with 70 mins of concentration. I'm tipping a draw. Well done Coach Enfantie.

ACGS v GT
Refreshed after weeks of exams and marking and reporting because he does none of the above, departing Coach Dame Edna Getmore will steer his Million Dollar babies to an undefeated premiership despite the niggle and negativity GT will try to bung on in another mismatch. There will be initial nerves but in the end, the Churchie forwards will be all over their opponents like Gerard Baden Clay with an unlimited Tinder account and the Churchie backs will go through GT like Geoffrey Edelsten's credit card through a Las Vegas lap dance eftpos machine. ACGS by 30.

Thank you all for a good year and special thanks to WarrenWobble for spurring on the banter. Here's hoping all Aust Schools players get through Round 9 injury free. Best wishes for the NZ tour. See you in 2015.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)

Hey Jake

You go on & on about the crowd at the Churchie match in pouring rain.
I bet you are in charge of the Churchie Spirit committee and captain of chess.

Have a look at the photos on BBC old boys day v GT.Biggest crowd in history.Had to call the police in to control traffic.Check out the number of old boys.
No support issue here pal..
BTW -why did Churchie have old boys day during term 2?. BBC thrashed Churchie in tennis even with your 3 new imports?

BBC_OldBoysDay_20140830_EPX0415_Webshot.jpg

BBC_OldBoysDay_20140830_EPX0176_Webshot.jpg

BBC_OldBoysDay_20140830_EPX0378_Webshot.jpg

BBC_OldBoysDay_20140830_EPX0344_Webshot.jpg

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey Jake

You go on & on about the crowd at the Churchie match in pouring rain.
I bet you are in charge of the Churchie Spirit committee and captain of chess.

Have a look at the photos on BBC old boys day v GT.Biggest crowd in history.Had to call the police in to control traffic.Check out the number of old boys.
No support issue here pal..
BTW -why did Churchie have old boys day during term 2?. BBC thrashed Churchie in tennis even with your 3 new imports?

Hey what about the 3/4 of the crowd you forgot to show, you know the ones in Red and Black ;-)

All jokes aside BBC has come along in leaps and bounds in its rugby program over the last several years and deserve recognition for that fact.

I am not convinced they understand how to build winning open age teams but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.