• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just found out that BSHS have played a trial against St Pats yesterday, does anyone know the result?

Also, BSHS sent several boys down to Sydney for a 7s comp, where they went down to Scots 17-12 in the final. That's a bloody good result. Is State High on the rise??

The 7s squad comprised of:
Andre Clark
Jim Henjak
Kegan Keefe
Martin Koots
Liam MacNamara
Jimmy Patrick
Matt Sautia
Zac Shepherd
Matt Smith
Tyrone Southron
Tuaina Tuilima
Chris Vineberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_005.jpg

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Group 2 does not look strong.but remember last year:TSS looked invincible : BSHS looked good and NC looked average- so I would not read too much into it.

NC have a lot of forward members returning and a few in the backs with some decent depth, they'll perform as usual. I'd still place BBC over TSS on paper they just have a better side.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Team predictions for BBC.3 things are clear:
1)too early to tell(but more depth this year than in their history);
2) only 3 players from last years undefeated 15A team are in the running(ikatou will be there somewhere);
3)some players who played in 1st xv last year will struggle to make it this year(especially in backs).
4) they will be fitter this year with the (almost mandatory direction)number of boys who rowed.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Will be interested to hear what the Old Boys Rugby pub of choice will be this year.

Rumour has it an RE consortium was blocked by Churchie's refusal to move from the Brisbane Club

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
May be abit off topic but not trying to stir anything up on here but just being honest i have just watched a few AIC games and some backs in particular i believe will make Qld schoolboys. i reckon the aic comp is no where near as good as gps BUT this year there are 2 or 3 backs in AIC who i beleive would dominate the gps comp, wether they have been offered scholarships in the past is another story, but i believe the 2 or 3 boys are played at such a high level they will make qld and possibly aus schoolboys

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
May be abit off topic but not trying to stir anything up on here but just being honest i have just watched a few AIC games and some backs in particular i believe will make Qld schoolboys. i reckon the aic comp is no where near as good as gps BUT this year there are 2 or 3 backs in AIC who i beleive would dominate the gps comp, wether they have been offered scholarships in the past is another story, but i believe the 2 or 3 boys are played at such a high level they will make qld and possibly aus schoolboys
There must be some good talent in the AIC but it's really hard to tell until they mark-up against players of similar skill. The QLD Championships will give them that opportunity.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
There must be some good talent in the AIC but it's really hard to tell until they mark-up against players of similar skill. The QLD Championships will give them that opportunity.

cannot wait for it actually, it will be a good test for the boys, but a few in particular, also the gps boys normally taking the aic abit lighter which is where these boys might suprise a few other players but more in particular a few coaches out there, but overall gps way better and have the depths but in aic there are a minor few who can also dominate at that level

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Team predictions for BBC.3 things are clear:
1)too early to tell(but more depth this year than in their history);
2) only 3 players from last years undefeated 15A team are in the running(ikatou will be there somewhere);
3)some players who played in 1st xv last year will struggle to make it this year(especially in backs).
4) they will be fitter this year with the (almost mandatory direction)number of boys who rowed.

The other 2 things that appear clear are:
1) the new kid from WA that was reserve for Aussie A schoolboys last year is in line for 15 not 10;
2) there will be at least 4 very good centres playing in the 2nd xv for BBC

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
The other 2 things that appear clear are:
1) the new kid from WA that was reserve for Aussie A schoolboys last year is in line for 15 not 10;
2) there will be at least 4 very good centres playing in the 2nd xv for BBC

so who is in line for the number 10 jersey...
who will wear the 12/13 jersey?

mathew thushker

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting. Who are these players??

Obviously there are a few from last year AIC who are doing well now, and did well for Qld Schoolboys. Wilkin (7), Moses (9), Junior (8)

Would be great to see the winner of AIC play the winner of the GPS

mathew thushker

Bob McCowan (2)
thoughts on the new WA players from BBC? 1XV worthy?
Being from WA myself, it will be hard for them to adapt. The PSA 1st XV would be about the same level of 4th XV in Brisbane, and most teams are dominated by 2 or 3 players (like under 10's). The program in WA is good in terms of developing their young players, but they don't have access to a lot of competition which hurts. I think some of the WA boys should do okay, but some may struggle with a an intense 6 -8 month program as they would be not used to it

Reactions: GSP

Anonymousthegreat

Bob McCowan (2)
There are numerous players in the AIC who are as good if not better then GPS players, but don't get the recognition because they don't go to a "greater private school"...

Status
Not open for further replies.