• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Thanks for this , Was told it was Rob Charles who is a teacher at the school ,

They're probably right as well, Charles may be a forwards/backs coach, or attack/defence coach, anything.. But I've spoken with a few players who have been raving about Eagle, so I can confirm he is the head coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
They're probably right as well, Charles may be a forwards/backs coach, or attack/defence coach, anything.. But I've spoken with a few players who have been raving about Eagle, so I can confirm he is the head coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Charles was an Australian Schoolboy No 12 in 1985 - very handy footballer in the IGS XV that won the title that year. Assume this is the same guy.

BAG

tommymc15

Bob McCowan (2)
Churchie vs igs was a phenomenal game on churchies part as they were very dominant around the park especially in the backs with the likes of ponga and perese (who scored a hatrick) running around wreaking havoc. Igs were incredibly disappointing, silly knock ons and turnovers killed them in the end churchie took full advantage of this. Looking forward to how churchie play against state high and see if they can prove to be premiership worthy.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Good luck to GT U14 hope you enjoy the season ... Too bad you are not near the NC U14's but enjoy the game ... I rate the 10 and 8 in the GT side big futures go well boys

Thumper

Bob McCowan (2)
After reading reports re TSS v BBC I had to watch the game online, BBC definitely forced into a lot of errors from high pressure defence, not great line speed from TSS but hard effective tackles. TSS #7 tackled very well and on the ball all day and #5 cranked all day (great to see from a tight pig). TSS backs defended well with #15 joining the line nicely in attack not to mention a fine cultivated boot. Like to see a bit more depth in their attack.
BBC needed a fire put under them, when they decided to show a bit of anger they started playing some effective rugby, to much individual play in the back line...look for your support boys.
Next round will be a great challenge for both teams for opposite reasons.
Best on field TSS, 3 pts #7, 2pts #15, 1 pt #6.
Best on field BCC, props and the full back, not much in between, once boys get their heads in it we'll be right... maybe.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
BBC really smarting after embarrassing loss. Too many stars for a repeat performance.
Wouldn't be surprised if they put 50 points on boys from the range this weekend down at Miskin St.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
After reading reports re TSS v BBC I had to watch the game online, BBC definitely forced into a lot of errors from high pressure defence, not great line speed from TSS but hard effective tackles. TSS #7 tackled very well and on the ball all day and #5 cranked all day (great to see from a tight pig). TSS backs defended well with #15 joining the line nicely in attack not to mention a fine cultivated boot. Like to see a bit more depth in their attack.
BBC needed a fire put under them, when they decided to show a bit of anger they started playing some effective rugby, to much individual play in the back line.look for your support boys.
Next round will be a great challenge for both teams for opposite reasons.
Best on field TSS, 3 pts #7, 2pts #15, 1 pt #6.
Best on field BCC, props and the full back, not much in between, once boys get their heads in it we'll be right. maybe.
It comes down to basics: BBC clean out was not effective, too many players not going past the ball: resulting in TSS strong counter rucking: all leading to break down in support structures for BBC hit ups. TSS, on the other hand, hand better skill/discipline at the break down and were able to build pressure.
Second half demonstrated this perfectly- totally different game, both sides more evenly match, BBC gained some structure and were able to build pressure.
Back to basics boys, do the simple things right.
Interestingly some late replacements backs for BBC seemed to be able to settle the back-line down and have an impact: again, it's not all about glamour players, it's cool heads and getting the basics right.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any major injuries for BBC after the TSS game? TGS v BBC the hardest pick this week and I don't want to lose my perfect streak (which was NOT a fluke, despite what @TheKing may tell you :cool:)

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
TGS v BBC the hardest pick this week and I don't want to lose my perfect streak (which was NOT a fluke, despite what @TheKing may tell you :cool:)

I think TSS v GT is a much tougher call, TSS form before beating what is looking like a poorly balanced BBC Team was not exactly stellar. My guess is it is ACGS and NC daylight then GT TSS and maybe BBC. BBC will account for TGS comfortably this weekend at home. They are bigger and more skillful, their problems arise when they player bigger OR more skillful teams.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think TSS v GT is a much tougher call, TSS form before beating what is looking like a poorly balanced BBC Team was not exactly stellar. My guess is it is ACGS and NC daylight then GT TSS and maybe BBC. BBC will account for TGS comfortably this weekend at home. They are bigger and more skillful, their problems arise when they player bigger OR more skillful teams.

So you don't rate TGS that highly then? I may be underestimating GT a little bit but I thought to put 40+ points into a team like BBC, even with their faults, you'd have to be pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.