• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
So you don't rate TGS that highly then? I may be underestimating GT a little bit but I thought to put 40+ points into a team like BBC, even with their faults, you'd have to be pretty darn good.

I think TGS will do well at home and it certain match-ups, I don't like them away at BBC though.

How anyone who saw the BBC V GT trial could think BBC was going to win last week is beyond me and I think last weekend was predictably BBC's rock bottom. As flawed as the team is they are better than they have been the last 2 weeks and will get better over the next few.

As for GT, I have said all along i think they have the most exciting team (Churchie may argue that) and that they will cause the top teams problems (no TSS is not a top team) and are a better all round team than 2013 - I don't believe they can win the comp though.

TSS on the other hand, I don't think are as good as the previous years and are not as good as the result on the weekend may indicate - if the game was in Brisbane and Roycroft was available I think GT would and should be favorites.

Playing at home, I will wait for the Roycorft appeal process to play out before deciding but it is very hard to call - probably leaning to TSS.

Anyway that is enough help to those chasing me in the tipping ;-)

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
What we learnt from round 1:
- Only 2 teams can win the comp (ACGS & NC)
- BBC read their own press and get stage fright
- Terrace are back with a vengeance (1st XV and across the age groups)
- Grammar are back - to where they usually are
- TSS have little flair but are well coached in basics.
- At State High and Ippy rugby barely maintaining a foothold (1X U16 team at BSHS).
- Toowoomba play gutsy rugby
- All Opens below 1st XV are a 2 horse race NC & TSS (like last few years)

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
- All Opens below 1st XV are a 2 horse race NC & TSS (like last few years)

Last years GT 16B's won every game, most by 50+ to Nil (NC, TGS, & TSS the exceptions) .

A lot changes in the open age group, but I'd be surprised if GT aren't up there too.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Wheat/chaff sorting due Sat 2/8.

Heh ...

GT 2nds downed BBC 6 tries to Nil.

TSS downed BBC 21 to 12.

Now BBC would have been missing quite a few against GT no doubt, but I would not expect a "sorting" come Saturday.

In some ways, the 2nds could be the game to watch!

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Last years GT 16B's won every game, most by 50+ to Nil (NC, TGS, & TSS the exceptions) .

A lot changes in the open age group, but I'd be surprised if GT aren't up there too.

GT vs BGS last year (16B), yes GT did some away with the win but certainly not by 50 points. Can't remember the scoreline, but yet again, GT win wasn't 50 points.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
GT vs BGS last year (16B), yes GT did some away with the win but certainly not by 50 points. Can't remember the scoreline, but yet again, GT win wasn't 50 points.

Sporting Pulse doesn't help much there. Only game with score missing

16B: GT 20 d TSS 7; NC 15 d BGS 5; ACGS 26 d BSHS 5; TGS 60 d BBC 0
16B: TGS 19 d ACGS 7; NC 62 d BBC 3; BGS 47 d BSHS 0
16B: NC 27 d ACGS 5; BBC 17 d BSHS 10; TGS 14 d BGS 10
16B: NC 32 d TSS 0; ACGS 31 d BBC 5; GT 48 d TGS 24
16B: TSS 38 d ACGS 22; GT 77 d BBC 0; NC 71 d BSHS 0
16B: TSS 80 d BSHS 10; GT 20 d NC 12; BGS 53 d BBC 10
16B: TSS 28 d TGS 24; BGS 19 d ACGS 12; GT 71 d BSHS 5
16B: BGS 29 d TSS 14; GT 56 d ACGS 0; NC 33 d TGS 5
16B: TSS 55 d BBC 10; GT d BGS

Source: http://www.gpsqld.org.au/

Jamo

Bob McCowan (2)
Poor ippy grammar , feel sorry for the boys that play rugby, the school seems more focused on other GPS sports - got a headmaster that is into Aussie rules , a director of sport who is really only interested in athletics and I think this will be the third year that they don't have a director of rugby

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)

GT won 39-0

So yeah not 50+ (although I was just trying to keep my post short) ... But a solid smashing all the same.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Poor ippy grammar , feel sorry for the boys that play rugby, the school seems more focused on other GPS sports - got a headmaster that is into Aussie rules , a director of sport who is really only interested in athletics and I think this will be the third year that they don't have a director of rugby
That is terrible for the boys and the School.
What is happening at Ippy!!

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
That is terrible for the boys and the School.
What is happening at Ippy!!

I wouldn't believe everything you read here.

If you check out the schools enrolments over the last decade, and the increasing competition in the area they service, I think you could work out what's going on.

Jamo

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey tooms saw your response , if I wrong please correct me , I have been involved with the school for some 15 years

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
BBC better stop reading / writing their own press and start playing rugby.

Reminds me of the 2012 Churchie XV who talked themselves up so much they forgot they had to actually win the games.

The BBC old boys will respond by slamming their wallets shut !!

Sure does show hints of Churchie 2012, Churchie fixed it by replacing there Captain with a player who knew how to lead by example, not by carrying the coaches bags after training, BBC were going ok until they sought divine intervention and since then have lost their way in the last two outings.

Jamo

Bob McCowan (2)
Tooms sorry enrolments might be up at ippy which is great , but I know they have maybe only 3 or 4 teams in the rugby comp this year with a b grade side , a shame , because other years they have at least got c teams in some grades , so obviously something is amiss

Jamo

Bob McCowan (2)
Tooms sorry just read your message re financial trouble I breaks my heart because it is a great school ,but have been to rugby meetings over the years and it has killed me on what they have got on sponsorship and they have not put that money into rugby ,

Status
Not open for further replies.