• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
TSS steak burgers not the best .... 4/10. Also beware GT parents when you are approached to buy raffle tickets.... 20c a ticket or 6 for a dollar is certainly a thing of the past.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
The priority for students is not sport, plain and simple. If a sport suffers at some point because of a more important development program, so be it!

They went to term 3 to allow the boys to play Soccer, so perhaps the rise of soccer should be your target?

Scholarships if they are indeed that are only now offered in U14/15 because if they aren't then the student cannot play first XV Rugby. Just ask GT!

I think you're frustration is misplaced.

Not sure what you mean, development program... Met east, west, north is not a development program but if your refer to social justice program's I totally agree but allow this to occur at the same time ...

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Random musings from around the Parish this week.

ACGS v BSHS
Ominous form from the Anglican Brotherhood last week means they will be too good for Tarago Town. Catching Perese and Ponga is like trying to lasso lightning. The Churchie pack is well drilled and average out to be all state level players. BSHS will not be without courage and will remember that they rolled close to the same team out at Fursden stadium in 2013 to expose that side as having concentration issues. Their only hope is to make it as physical as possible in the forwards and to have maniacal linespeed in defense. Churchie to win by the length of two BSHS rat's tails. Churchie by 25.

BBC- TGS
Another week of travel for the Downsmen into the renowned warmth of a Presbyterian/Methodist welcome at Toowong. Hopefully there are no ankles turned on the industrial sized tubes of Anusol discarded around the college as BBC Old Boys swarm the school trying to assist the White Elephants to get their season on track. I'm going to tip TGS in this one. I think the momentum gained from the close loss to BSHS will give them a lot of faith and I think BBC have too much of a mental hurdle to climb over. If the post GT trial rocket from the coaches didn't work, how does a post TSS mauling rocket do any better? This is a team on the slide despite the investment - hence 'The White Elephants'. TGS by 5.

NC -v- BGS
Put your glasses down. NC in a canter to open their 2014 account. BGS to have flashes of set piece class but NC too big, too fast and too strong. NC by 25.

GT v TSS
Match of the round for me. Both teams with belief but with a slight edge to TSS because of a home crowd bolstered by steroid bloated old boys and their pneumatic mums and girlfriends who will distract GT. "Win the breakdown, win the game" will be written on the GT dressing shed whiteboard and "Stop Moroney and Horan, win the game" will be written in crayons and slowly and carefully explained to the TSS boys in their version of Gumnut Cottage this week. This said, I think something is building at GT and if the game is not a draw then there will only be a try in it. I know I have loyal readers desperate to hear my call so I will say TSS..... only just.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Don't rule GT out just yet, last year the 16's went through undefeated from the B's down. Also, there is a lot of depth this year in the open with what is looking like having seven teams.
Those 16's results are impressive.

Results for Opens 2013 over 5 games are sobering though:
Round 1 Opens (total points scored) - GT 18 TSS 218
Round 6 Opens (total points scored) - GT 46 Nudgee 199

Glad to hear depth is good. Nudgee will give you 7 competitive Opens games and TSS 6.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Random musings from around the Parish this week.

ACGS v BSHS
Ominous form from the Anglican Brotherhood last week means they will be too good for Tarago Town. Catching Perese and Ponga is like trying to lasso lightning. The Churchie pack is well drilled and average out to be all state level players. BSHS will not be without courage and will remember that they rolled close to the same team out at Fursden stadium in 2013 to expose that side as having concentration issues. Their only hope is to make it as physical as possible in the forwards and to have maniacal linespeed in defense. Churchie to win by the length of two BSHS rat's tails. Churchie by 25.

BBC- TGS
Another week of travel for the Downsmen into the renowned warmth of a Presbyterian/Methodist welcome at Toowong. Hopefully there are no ankles turned on the industrial sized tubes of Anusol discarded around the college as BBC Old Boys swarm the school trying to assist the White Elephants to get their season on track. I'm going to tip TGS in this one. I think the momentum gained from the close loss to BSHS will give them a lot of faith and I think BBC have too much of a mental hurdle to climb over. If the post GT trial rocket from the coaches didn't work, how does a post TSS mauling rocket do any better? This is a team on the slide despite the investment - hence 'The White Elephants'. TGS by 5.

NC -v- BGS
Put your glasses down. NC in a canter to open their 2014 account. BGS to have flashes of set piece class but NC too big, too fast and too strong. NC by 25.

GT v TSS
Match of the round for me. Both teams with belief but with a slight edge to TSS because of a home crowd bolstered by steroid bloated old boys and their pneumatic mums and girlfriends who will distract GT. "Win the breakdown, win the game" will be written on the GT dressing shed whiteboard and "Stop Moroney and Horan, win the game" will be written in crayons and slowly and carefully explained to the TSS boys in their version of Gumnut Cottage this week. This said, I think something is building at GT and if the game is not a draw then there will only be a try in it. I know I have loyal readers desperate to hear my call so I will say TSS... only just.

Brilliant !!!

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Team lists for TSS v GT

14606725417_ff91c2b6d3_o_d.png

Wesley

Frank Row (1)
Those 16's results are impressive.

Results for Opens 2013 over 5 games are sobering though:
Round 1 Opens (total points scored) - GT 18 TSS 218
Round 6 Opens (total points scored) - GT 46 Nudgee 199

Glad to hear depth is good. Nudgee will give you 7 competitive Opens games and TSS 6.

@Rebabit - might be a better comparison if you looked at the 16's for 2013 (i.e. this years opens) rather than a results for boys that are now finished:
Round 1 Opens (total points scored) - GT 66 (3 wins) TSS 62 (1 win)
Round 6 Opens (total points scored) - GT 62 (3 wins) Nudgee 67 (1 win)

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting to note the BBC backline tomorrow is all in Year 11 except Dempsey...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.24.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.24.05 PM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 446
Status
Not open for further replies.